Sign in to follow this  
DanteStorm

Is Zuckuss (Pilot) playable right now?

I love Zuckuss, both the pilot and the crew, my problem with him is that in the current meta, I'm not sure if he can pull his weight.... what do you guys think?

Also, I would like to see lists that include Zuckuss in them, if you would be so kind to show me some.

Thank you for reading.

He's one of the few Scum pilots where Snapshot may make sense - maybe in a list with other Tractor Beam shenanigans... but I'm not sure it would synergize enough to be worth the effort (& the points). 

I love the ship design & Zuckuss crew, but I don't think it can be top tier, or probably even 2nd tier, but for fun games and working out squad synergy, he's worth playing for fun.

Edited by Starfall

Zuckuss (28)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Dengar (3)

Talonbane Cobra (28)
Push the Limit (3)
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (1)
Inertial Dampeners (1)
Guidance Chips (0)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Autothrusters (2)
Vaksai (0)

Fenn Rau (28)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Concord Dawn Protector (1)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Edited by JcDemented

Zuckuss(34) [Zuckuss(28), Predator(3), Tractor Beam(1), Mist Hunter(0), Collision Detector(0), Tactician (2)]

4-LOM(34) [4-LOM(27), Push The Limit(3), Fire Control System(2), "Gonk"(2)]

Torkil Mux(32) [Torkil Mux(19), Twin Laser Turret(6), Dengar(3), Pulsed Ray Shield(2), Ion Discharger(2)]

100 Points 

A friend has been running these three guys for probably over a year and has been tweaking it. He just took second at an 18 person tournament with them. There’s so many tricks people don’t know how to handle it.

Torkil PS0’s someone, now Zuckuss gets 2 rerolls plus Zuckuss took a Focus Action. Zuckuss hopefully got Range 2 to stress. If not no problem because 4-Lom pushes the limit to hand someone a stress later on. The magic number for Gonk by the way is 3-4 before combat. Torkil will then TLT with 2 rerolls each roll with Dengar. Usually always getting 3 hits. If Torkil got hit he’ll Pulse Ray Shield and choose the guy that he stressed with tactician or 4-Lom and they will never take the Ion because they don’t want to be stressed and ionized. So then Torkil’s dial is always open.

Competitively, there's a few things going against Zuckuss at the moment, namely proliference of burst damage and PS bids.  The Mist Hunter can be trashed by a couple of missile hits, and even with VI he's not going to get ahead of the PS race.

That said, I still like his ability; combined with the title, FCS and Gunner it can wreck low health, high agility aces.  He can still be used as a relatively cheap ace with just the title and a couple of 0-1 point upgrades, but he's not going to do the heavy lifting in a list.