Babaganoosh

[V. Important] What is the Flight Assist Astro plugged into?

19 minutes ago, Babaganoosh said:

Seriously; what is that astromech plugged into?  I can't figure it out for the life of me.  My best guess is that it's in a speeder.  Please help.

swx72-flight-assist-astromech.png

3 minutes ago, Babaganoosh said:

We've seen some weirdly proportioned art, but never added features like an extra spoiler, haha

vtviRTC.jpg

ITT diehard Star Wars fans unaware of the X-Wing's rear window and the struts behind the pilot.

Edited by Captain Lackwit

The Captain might be right. I think the front of the X-Wing is to the left. What looks like a spoiler is the top of the canopy and you're looking through the rear window and out the side window. The loop thing could be the back of the pilot's chair.

For those saying it's the T-65's canopy, I can understand your point of view, but for the life of me my eyes can't reconcile it.  If that were true, the rear window would have to be nearly vertical and much longer than it is in pretty much any X-Wing image out there, not to mention no hint of any window, glass or otherwise.

Yeah, I'm going to have to go with "it's a spoiler" on this one.  Maybe one of the new movies will give us the T-66 X-Wing, and we'll find out that those had a spoiler added to slightly improve handling in atmosphere?

2 hours ago, Bullox said:

The Captain might be right. I think the front of the X-Wing is to the left. What looks like a spoiler is the top of the canopy and you're looking through the rear window and out the side window. The loop thing could be the back of the pilot's chair.

Pretty sure this is correct but it's missing a sloped line at the top left to represent the rest of the canopy as seen in this pic.

6 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

wallpaper-2959267.jpg

It looks like a spoiler because it just stops at the corner where it should slope toward the nose of the ship.

swx72-flight-assist-astromech.png

Could be some of the stylized V-Wings

Any of the screwy Jedi Delta wings that can’t decide where to put the astromech

A cloakshape variant 

An X-Wing with the cockpit pod removed for maintenance 

Incom T-20 or an Incom I-7

or any Scum snub fighter