emarrosu

CC Imperial List QD/Ves/OL

Hello everyone

First time poster, I'm having a store tournament on Saturday and I've been trying this list, I haven't won any games but i think it has been my luck on dice or my formation. 

Do you think is a competitive build? Do you see potential or what changes do you think I should make?

99 points Pilots 

“Quickdraw” (33) Special Forces TIE (29), Adaptability (0), Fire-Control System (2), Special Ops Training (0), Lightweight Frame (2)

Colonel Vessery (40) TIE Defender (35), Ion Cannon (3), Veteran Instincts (1), TIE/D (0), Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)

“Omega Leader” (26) TIE/fo Fighter (21), Comm Relay (3), Juke (2)

I have been tinkering with a similar list:

Quickdraw 

Expertise, FCS, LWF, Title 

Vessery

Intensity, TIE mk2, x/7

Omega Leader 

Juke, Comm Relay 

Not had the chance to give it much table time yet. In theory, you really don't want to 1v1 any of them, and QD and Vessery are both priority targets. 

In practice, I worry that it might be too squishy and not kick hard enough, and end up in lopsided endgames. I'll look to test A Score to Settle on OL and a Cruise on QD if that is an issue.

I don't think this is ever going to be top tier, but there's a decent list hiding somewhere in these three. 

6 minutes ago, thebrettski said:

Trip aces is always a solid list.   Bombs pose an issue, but you have an ion to help neutralize that threat.  Vessery does not need VI in this list,  you can give it or vectored thrusters to QD.

I think VI is important on Vessery to help beat Dash/Miranda.  However, I think VI on Quickdraw is also important.  Since the OP is at 99 points, there's easily room for VI on both, and that is my recommendation!

I never run quickdraw without expertise. He has to many shots and having the mods on every shot is huge. There are turns on your turn that you shoot forward then backward, then got shot loose a shield and shoot forward and backward again. Expertise on quickdraw is just to **** good.

Agree with bumping QD up to VI. You want that to deal a tiny bit better with all the PS11 out there. 

These types of lists are so solid. Not overpowered or anything but just bedrock solid. 

I think honestly any combo of Quickdraw, Backdraft, Vessery, and Omega Leader should be the go to list for anyone new to slightly more competitive Imperial X-Wing. 

Gives you a good chance in just about any matchup if flown well and presents terrible target priority choices. 

The SF and Defender are chunky enough that its even semi-resistant to ordinance and bombs. 

Really puts pressure on just about anything to take one of the 3 off the board as quickly as possible. 

Eventually as you get better to you can swap some things out and build on what you know. 

Edited by Boom Owl

4 hours ago, blade_mercurial said:

I think VI is important on Vessery to help beat Dash/Miranda. However, I think VI on Quickdraw is also important. Since the OP is at 99 points, there's easily room for VI on both, and that is my recommendation!

My train of though of choosing adaptability over VI was:

1. Having 99 points to chose the initiative 
  2. In case of flying against low PS ships I can have all my PS on 8 and have a bit more movement flexibility.
  3. I'm betting I wont face any PS 11 
5 hours ago, fruitcakebat said:

I have been tinkering with a similar list:

Quickdraw

Expertise, FCS, LWF, Title

Vessery

Intensity, TIE mk2, x/7

Omega Leader

Juke, Comm Relay

Its an interesting take on the list, I'll definitely try it sometime

Your list looks solid. Since you have a store tournament Saturday I think you should just fly this same list. It's not good to switch things up last minute. You will forget the new cards and abilities just because you have not used them. With your current list you will remember your cards and what they do.  And the new FAQ makes some of your worse match ups much easier. You now don't have to worry about ordinance jump masters. Or advanced slam action bombs. Both very good things for imperials and your type of list. Good luck. 

Hello everyone, a quick update

I got second place  on the store tournament we where only 8 pilots, and I feel i fly pretty well, winning 3 of my 4 matches.

Match 1 was vs  Scum (This is not the complete list)
Kath Scarlet (48) Firespray-31 (38), Bomblet Generator (3), Tail Gunner (2), Andrasta (0), Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2), Bomblet Generator (3), Proximity Mines (3)
Latts Razzi (38) YV-666 (33), Weapons Engineer (3), Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2)

I managed to stay outside his firing arc and get away 100-0

Match 2 was vs Ghost Wookie

It was a hard one, i did't fly that well, and end up loosing not before, taking out half of the ghost points and lowhhrick.  56-100

Match 3 was vs Vader countess and 2 academy pilot

It was a nail bitter where Vessery went down, Omega crash on to an asteroid (thanks to been ionized) and at the end QD saved the day.  100-66

Match 4 was vs 3 Interceptor

Hardest match of all, not because of my flying but man! Those ship had autotrusters and stealth device and where rolling evades left and right. In our first encounter I lost OL and i couldn't get a hit in any of his ships (Sontir, Jax and Turr).
Son of a gun it surly was frustrating.  After that I could break out his formation and start focusing down each ship. The fist to go down was Turr those dice were on my side, next was soontir, luckly for me he crashed in to an asteroid and I had him at range 1 of QD and Vessery.
Finally I chased down Jax and won the game 100-26.

Thanks for all the feedback, as most of you said, it's a solid list and I just need to fly it more.