Undeadguy

Interview with Alex Davy

1 hour ago, Undeadguy said:

. . . something to read while we wait.

This is pretty much where I'm a now. I guess I went through everything, or close to it, already. There's not a lot of discussion or new content on the internet so it's kinda hard to get my Legion fix. 

Edited by HadeusHawkyns

3 minutes ago, HadeusHawkyns said:

This is pretty much where I'm a now. I guess I went through everything, or close to it, already. There's not a lot of discussion or new content on the internet so it's kinda hard to get my Legion fix. 

Yea the forums are pretty disorganized and boring right now. I go through the painting and terrain ones just to get ideas, and then I gather a bunch of scrap around the house into projects. 

1 hour ago, Undeadguy said:

Yea the forums are pretty disorganized and boring right now. I go through the painting and terrain ones just to get ideas, and then I gather a bunch of scrap around the house into projects. 

I'll give you that much. I may not be particularly craftsy but I do try to lurk the painting threads and I fully intend to steal a design of a T-47 someone posted ?

Definitely some fun ideas floating around lol

Edited by HadeusHawkyns
Somebody found an evil face!

I'm having a hard time spending too much time on terrain given that we don't know the terrain rules or deployment guidelines.  My fear is that I'll end up with a bunch of really cool Star Wars themed terrain that can be used for something like Warhammer 40k, but that isn't appropriate for standard games of Legion.

3 hours ago, Undeadguy said:

Not huge news, but something to read while we wait.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/11/10/it-is-the-future-you-see-2/

Also, AT-AT confirmed: "...we have big plans for the future of Star Wars: Legion."

That is NOT a confirmation at all.  They said the exact same thing about Armada's next wave and it was just a Star Destroyer repaint.  I mean it also has Thrawn, which is awesome, but that doesn't make it an epic sized miniature.  

In other words, Big does NOT equal Huge.  

10 hours ago, Flavorabledeez said:

Just responding to one dumb comment with another.

Unless you think "thats (sic) why armada blows" is just dripping with intellectual value

I don’t. But don’t stoop to their level like how I’m stooping to yours. 

The interview was a good read, though one part of it troubles me:

"The battles you see onscreen in the Star Wars films are tense, dramatic skirmishes, driven by compelling characters attempting to complete a desperate mission at any cost. Above all, I wanted to create a game that evokes that same cinematic, character-driven excitement. Two key elements of Star Wars: Legion play directly into that—armies led by potent commanders and games won by completing objectives rather than by eliminating the enemy forces."

I don't want to read too much into what has been written there, but I can't help but suspect it means we won't be getting generic commanders, if a design focus is on "character-driven excitement".  Many way not care, and that's fine, but I have never had any interest in fielding named characters in any wargame.  Therefore, the lack of generic commanders would be a strong reason for me not to get the game.  I'll keep my eyes peeled for future announcements.

10 minutes ago, srMontresor said:

The interview was a good read, though one part of it troubles me:

"The battles you see onscreen in the Star Wars films are tense, dramatic skirmishes, driven by compelling characters attempting to complete a desperate mission at any cost. Above all, I wanted to create a game that evokes that same cinematic, character-driven excitement. Two key elements of Star Wars: Legion play directly into that—armies led by potent commanders and games won by completing objectives rather than by eliminating the enemy forces."

I don't want to read too much into what has been written there, but I can't help but suspect it means we won't be getting generic commanders, if a design focus is on "character-driven excitement".  Many way not care, and that's fine, but I have never had any interest in fielding named characters in any wargame.  Therefore, the lack of generic commanders would be a strong reason for me not to get the game.  I'll keep my eyes peeled for future announcements.

That’s exactly what it means. Commanders will be named characters. It wouldn’t feel like Star Wars without classic characters leading the charge. Makes me very very happy.