alexkazze

Scum, hunters + spies

After the exit of the HoI i spend time spinning a typical scum list with its most spurious hunter-smugglers ... 
And I try to add the clawdite to give it that valuable feature that are the spies.
I have tried with several configurations of clawdite (elite and regular), but they do not just convince me,
i see them too random ... 
Maybe something could be done with a temporary alliance and include Mak, ESab ... or something ... 

As you see? 

Do you think there is a hunter-spy scum list in the metagame?
Edited by alexkazze

For 6 points I think an elite is worth it. Start them off as "Senator" to hand out power tokens, then a "Rifleman" for a long-range shot , and then finish it off with a "Street Rat" for some up-close fun. I feel like the regular ones for 4 points are not so great.

I'm not sure I'd want more than the one in my list, but making use of the spy cards would tempt me to have 1 or 2 more. So far, I'd say they're well worth their points in general, but definitely need to be practiced a little.  

I've played with and against clawdites in a couple of games, by far this is my first opinion:
rClawdites ain't worth the cost unless you play a dedicated spy merc list, otherwise you could compare it to Greedo but imho the ambitious mercenary gets the edge of this duel, he's got better speed, better damage and his command card is really not bad at all.
eClawdites are a total different story, he's similar to Agent Blaise as stats but his damage is higher and he's more versatile than the imperial. Besides, the spy trait can definitely create a variety of sinergies with Temp Alliance

I need to test it more, but I think a single elite clawdite is a great addition to a lot of scum lists. It's not enough to fully commit to the spy card suite (especially since command card points are at a premium among hunters and smugglers), but you can include Intelligence Leak, which is cheap and one of the best command cards in the game. Use the Senator form to further beef up your focused hidden Weequays and maybe switch to one of the other forms if the opportunity presents itself.

19 hours ago, erlucius90 said:

I've played with and against clawdites in a couple of games, by far this is my first opinion:
rClawdites ain't worth the cost unless you play a dedicated spy merc list, otherwise you could compare it to Greedo but imho the ambitious mercenary gets the edge of this duel, he's got better speed, better damage and his command card is really not bad at all.
eClawdites are a total different story, he's similar to Agent Blaise as stats but his damage is higher and he's more versatile than the imperial. Besides, the spy trait can definitely create a variety of sinergies with Temp Alliance

Funny you mention Blais. My biggest complaint about him is that he's not very versatile. If you're lucky enough to get interrogate off before he dies (he's often targeted early), he's decent. Otherwise, he's a let-down most times. I plan to sub an e-clawdite in for Blais in my list I brought to Canadian Nationals which had temp alliance'd Greedo in already. So a straight up trade 6 points for 6 points for a more versatile spy as opposed to a pure spy makes more sense to me.  

19 hours ago, erlucius90 said:

LOL! Ambitious mercenary. I heart Greedo. :P

NBTFett has it right. in a purely competitive enviroment, 1 eClaw is all you need. I usually skip the rifleman because a lot of times the enemy is close by turn 2.  Senator to start. Streetrat to make them bleed or kill off 2 figures, then jump back and senator again.  I've had a harder time trying to get the rifleman to be worthwhile. I'd prefer to senator twice in a row and get all my guys tokens.  He's(the eclawdite) more of a support figure that can go Jekyll and stab a guy if he get's close.

My experiences with the clawdites so far: one tournament I brought two into empire and had an elite and a regular. Of the three games that day, I always started the elite as a senator for the tokens and the regular as a street rat for the effective move 10 round 1. Game 1 the elite rolled 1 surge round 1, game 2 rolled 0 round 1 and game 3 actually rolled 2 or 3 I think. Then I'd switch to scout with the elite for the ability to shoot through figures and finish off figures hiding in the back or just really far away. The regular did lots of work getting terminals and objectives and providing extra spy actions as needed. Plus that Assassin's blade does some serious work. I'd put a surge token on the regular if I was able to just for the free damage. 

A more recent tournament I played a scum list and brought just one regular for the tokens, intelligence leak, and a terminal sitter. Round 2 or 3 I switched to street rat every game and used the Assassin's blade to do cleanup on tough targets or targets that needed move 6 to get to. Focused this form as a regular does surprising amounts of damage for the 4 points. And most games I was able to roll 1 token round 1 with senator which wasn't bad and the 4 point figure helps with activation count while not being so weak that it can't influence the board state. And when you roll 3 tokens you feel like you've won the lottery. 

I think bringing one (regular or elite) is good value especially for the flexibility and spy cards they bring. Maybe I've been really lucky with them, but I think people are underestimating the regular clawdites. 

Edited by Matsu Robun

1 hour ago, Matsu Robun said:

My experiences with the clawdites so far: one tournament I brought two into empire and had an elite and a regular. Of the three games that day, I always started the elite as a senator for the tokens and the regular as a street rat for the effective move 10 round 1. Game 1 the elite rolled 1 surge round 1, game 2 rolled 0 round 1 and game 3 actually rolled 2 or 3 I think. Then I'd switch to scout with the elite for the ability to shoot through figures and finish off figures hiding in the back or just really far away. The regular did lots of work getting terminals and objectives and providing extra spy actions as needed. Plus that Assassin's blade does some serious work. I'd put a surge token on the regular if I was able to just for the free damage. 

A more recent tournament I played a scum list and brought just one regular for the tokens, intelligence leak, and a terminal sitter. Round 2 or 3 I switched to street rat every game and used the Assassin's blade to do cleanup on tough targets or targets that needed move 6 to get to. Focused this form as a regular does surprising amounts of damage for the 4 points. And most games I was able to roll 1 token round 1 with senator which wasn't bad and the 4 point figure helps with activation count while not being so weak that it can't influence the board state. And when you roll 3 tokens you feel like you've won the lottery. 

I think bringing one (regular or elite) is good value especially for the flexibility and spy cards they bring. Maybe I've been really lucky with them, but I think people are underestimating the regular clawdites. 

I have tried the regular and like it too. Assassins blade alone feels worth it. Curious what else you had in that imperial list? I have been considering doing th same thing and running bt1 and some jets with cross training

1 hour ago, TheWelcomeMat88 said:

Curious what else you had in that imperial list?

I had the reg and elite clawdites, temp Alliance, Blaise, 2 elite ISB groups, elite riots with cross training and zillo. All spy stuff. No hunter stuff. Trying to use the elite clawdite to surge token up the ISB agents and Blaise to hide the clawdites. It was fun and challenging. The ISB do pretty well when they aren't shooting at jet troopers that just add an evade and mess up everything. Plus the elite riots were reinforceable trooper spy guardian brawlers. I'm sure there's some fun to be had there. ;)