Jump to content
ImperialFarmboy87

Hire a Bounty Hunter upgrade card?

Recommended Posts

I had a thought, and it's probably not original, but what about an upgrade card that would allow the Empire( though I'm not opposed to the rebels) to hire one Scum ship to fly in their fleet? So this would most likely be a modification that costs around 5 to 7 squad points, and you could only hire unique pilots. It seems to be in the canon ( see Empire Strikes Back), and Bona Fett kind of functions that way. What do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure that I have any strong opinions one way or the other, but if there were a card like this, it should probably be Unique, and limit the Scum's ship to no more than 50 points, total (why bother flying Imperial if more than half your list is Scum?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ImperialFarmboy87 said:

I had a thought, and it's probably not original, but what about an upgrade card that would allow the Empire( though I'm not opposed to the rebels) to hire one Scum ship to fly in their fleet? So this would most likely be a modification that costs around 5 to 7 squad points, and you could only hire unique pilots. It seems to be in the canon ( see Empire Strikes Back), and Bona Fett kind of functions that way. What do you think?

First: name the Scum ship that's balanced in the scum faction, but 5-7 points better when paired with an Imperial ship or two or three. 

I mean. I love the idea thematically, but I can't think of anything I'd want to do with it. It's kinda like the Hounds Tooth that way. :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HolySorcerer said:

An illicit Imperial Contract card could be interesting, but I want to fly Imperial ships, not scum trash.  The last thing the Imperials need is to lose even more identity, they don't really have much left.

Um, so don't use it?

49 minutes ago, Stoneface said:

You really don't need a card for casual play.

Agreed.  We have been playing this way ever since the S&V expac dropped.

The only disad, I would say, is that they are no online list builders that let you do illegal house rules, like blend factions into one list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Um, so don't use it?

Agreed.  We have been playing this way ever since the S&V expac dropped.

The only disad, I would say, is that they are no online list builders that let you do illegal house rules, like blend factions into one list.

Yep, you gotta build the old fashion way. Lay the cards on the table. It works better for me that way. A card in hand is better than a poke at the screen or a mouse click.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of a ship, I think it would better if you paid a cost to have a scum only crew that cost 2 or less.

For instance:

Contract

Modification

Imperial Only

You may equip one additional modification.

"You may equip one "Scum Only" crew that cost 2 or fewer points. At the end of the end phase, turn your equipped "Scum Only" crew face down or receive one stress token to turn it faceup."

 

Basically, If you dont pay, the scum dont play :P

Edited by wurms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, flyboymb said:

Hmm, would you be able to equip the IG 2000 title if you were playing an Imperial squadron but used a contract card to bring IG-88 along? Would any Scum only card work if your squadron was technically Empire?

House rules. If it's acceptable to everyone, you're good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stoneface said:

House rules. If it's acceptable to everyone, you're good.

Oh yes, no doubt. But I'd like this to be an official thing which brings up the issue. Wouldn't be the first time FFG has put out ideas that just so happened to be on the forum years before they were released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, flyboymb said:

Oh yes, no doubt. But I'd like this to be an official thing which brings up the issue. Wouldn't be the first time FFG has put out ideas that just so happened to be on the forum years before they were released.

I doubt you'll see an official release with rules for hiring a bounty hunter. If and when FFG releases a mission pack, it might show up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not in any sort of official way.

There's way too much "you cant have nice things because of xx ship" going around already. Being able to merge other factions with scum powerhouses is just going to create even more of a balance nighmare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, wurms said:

Instead of a ship, I think it would better if you paid a cost to have a scum only crew that cost 2 or less.

For instance:

Contract

Modification

Imperial Only

You may equip one additional modification.

"You may equip one "Scum Only" crew that cost 2 or fewer points. At the end of the end phase, turn your equipped "Scum Only" crew face down or receive one stress token to turn it faceup."

 

Basically, If you dont pay, the scum dont play :P

Boba Fett on Chiraneau with Kylo Ren: Hit them with your first shot, hand them a Blinded Pilot and discard their most precious upgrade.

This is quite possibly on turn 2 or 3.

Ouch, man.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...