GrandAdmiralCrunch

What will Wave 8 bring?

54 minutes ago, Grumbleduke said:

Even though they could be controlled remotely, the Katana Fleet ships still needed crew to keep things running and actually do stuff - but due to the heavy automation and slaved systems, only needed a crew in the region of 2,000 rather than the 16,000 a full dreadnought needed. So somewhere between the 1,000 ish a Neb B needs and the 40,000 on an ISD (just to use the other ships at the Battle for the Katana Fleet).

Dreadnoughts aren't nearly big enough to take on an ISD; in the Thrawn books 3 Katana-fleet ships can keep an ISD busy with all their ion batteries, but aren't a match overall. To give a sense of scale, the AFMkI is a heavily-modified dreadnought, and the AFMkII a heavily-modified AFMkI. So a dreadnought should be a medium-base ship at most.

To add to this, Kyle Katarn said a Victory class could fight a Dreadnought Class to a standstill. 

So yes, a Dreadnought Class should be medium. 

4 hours ago, ISD Avenger said:

That’s a fair point. Although I don’t think the blink & miss it appearance in Ep6 really qualifies.

Well, so is the B-wing, and it does appear twice in VI, but I yes it is very easy to blink and miss (unless you are folks like us ;))

3 hours ago, Grumbleduke said:

Dreadnoughts aren't nearly big enough to take on an ISD; in the Thrawn books 3 Katana-fleet ships can keep an ISD busy with all their ion batteries, but aren't a match overall. To give a sense of scale, the AFMkI is a heavily-modified dreadnought, and the AFMkII a heavily-modified AFMkI. So a dreadnought should be a medium-base ship at most.

This is incorrect.  The AFMkII was a seprate design my Rendili Star Drive (who designed and built the dreads).  They took the Dreadnaught and AFMk1 designs and then designed the MkII, but they were built as MkII's where the MkI's were modified Dreadnaughts.  They never built MkI's straight as Mk1's.

Wookieepedia article

" Using the design of the Dreadnaught-class heavy cruiser as a starting point, the original Assault Frigate was created. This design was further modified by dissident engineers at Rendili StarDrive, creating the Mark II. The Mark II shirked much of its predecessors' history however, moving away from the standard Dreadnaught model toward a more original design."

Edited by Salted Diamond

Stupid text box won't delete the quote. Anyway. What's this SSD rumor some of you are chatting about. Did they say something somewhere or is this complete and pure speculation.

On 1/17/2018 at 12:14 PM, Mikael Hasselstein said:

Edited by Rune Taq
Can't delete quoted text box. I'm dumb

Try starting after speculation and hit delete a couple times.

24 minutes ago, Rune Taq said:

Stupid text box won't delete the quote. Anyway. What's this SSD rumor some of you are chatting about. Did they say something somewhere or is this complete and pure speculation.

54 minutes ago, Rune Taq said:

Very much speculation. There has been constant rumours that an SSD was in testing YEARS ago- and then GenCons “something big” reinvigorated it because all we got after that was   Chimaera and Profundity, and that didn’t qualify as big to some.

Oh i'm sure the SSD will arrive at some point for Armada.  FFG knows it's an easy cash cow for them.  But sooner?  later?  Is it the "something big" they hinted at months ago?  Or was it just something said because they know it'll drive some peep here into a frenzy?  Only time will tell...

Hmm perhaps 4 variants of the old Dreadnought?  An A version with red and blues, a B version with blues only, an Imperial-only Katana Fleet Dreadnought with lower command and a Rebel Modified Assault Frigate Mk I?  If they can give us an ISD expansion with multiple cardboards, i see no reason why they can't do this for the Dreadnought.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:46 AM, Wraithdt said:

My prediction:-

Empire - Venator SD

Rebels - Braha'Tok Gunship + U-wing

Wave 8 should finish bringing Rogue One ships and squadrons into the game as well as bringing Armada up to the end of Rebels Season 3. 

The next small ship for the Alliance will be the Braha'tok Gunship as the ship appeared in Rogue One and the Season 3 finale for Rebels.  I would anticipate the inclusion of the Orion title, and regarding a commander and a possible officer, I would expect to see Saw Gerrera and Cassian Andor. 

The next small ship for the Empire will be the IGV-55 Imperial Listener Ship.  I would expect to see it as a flotilla with a unique Intel capability.  Director Krennic should be the commander and I would expect to see Controller LT319 and possibly Admiral Gorin as included officers. 

We could also see up to 2 squadron packs released with this wave.  One pack could be Rogue One themed and would include the U-Wing, the Tie Striker, the Tie Reaper, and the Tie Boarding Shuttle.  The second could be a mixed pack of Rebels squadrons such as the Auzituck Gunship and the Inquisitor's Tie Advanced, as well as two squadrons previously released by FFG for X-Wing.  Those releases include the K-Wing, the ARC 170, the Tie Punisher, the Tie Aggressor, and Alpha Star Wing.  I think the ARC 170 and Alpha Star Wing are most likely to be paired with the Auzituck and the Inquisitor's Tie.  The remainder might eventually appear in another squadron pack, maybe around wave 10 or 11. 

The Empire is definitely in need of a greater variety of ships and the Venator would be an awesome addition.  It would be wonderful to see it appear in Wave 8 along with the Listener Ship, but I'm not expecting to see it.  :(

My predictions: another set of squadrons. =3

(I think they're getting due. Either Wave8 or Wave9.)

I still hope: Finalizer, Acclamator, Venator, a small Imp ship. 
(And the dead hope of CIS and Republic factions). 

I hope they don't add a scum 3rd faction to this game. Its fine without it. 

7 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Tap the portion of the quote next to the bold letters. The entire box should then be highlighted with a blue border. Hitting backspace once that happens deletes the quote.

Ok thanks. I tried that. I think my phone is just dumb.  It a ZTE and it can be quarky at times.

17 hours ago, Grumbleduke said:

Even though they could be controlled remotely, the Katana Fleet ships still needed crew to keep things running and actually do stuff - but due to the heavy automation and slaved systems, only needed a crew in the region of 2,000 rather than the 16,000 a full dreadnought needed. So somewhere between the 1,000 ish a Neb B needs and the 40,000 on an ISD (just to use the other ships at the Battle for the Katana Fleet).

If crew sizes are so large, then how come in TLJ they have 400 people for the Raddus, plus 3 support ships?

Wave 8 should finish bringing Rogue One ships and squadrons into the game as well as bringing Armada up to the end of Rebels Season 3. 

The next small ship for the Alliance will be the Braha'tok Gunship as the ship appeared in Rogue One and the Season 3 finale for Rebels.  I would anticipate the inclusion of the Orion title, and regarding a commander and a possible officer, I would expect to see Saw Gerrera and Cassian Andor. 

The next small ship for the Empire will be the IGV-55 Imperial Listener Ship.  I would expect to see it as a flotilla with a unique Intel capability.  Director Krennic should be the commander and I would expect to see Controller LT319 and possibly Admiral Gorin as included officers. 

I would be all for this.  A nice, simple wave to tide things over before the Raddus and Finalizer come in and blow everything away.

Edited by D503

4 hours ago, Rune Taq said:

Ok thanks. I tried that. I think my phone is just dumb.  It a ZTE and it can be quarky at times.

It's not just you, the mobile version of the forum software they use is notoriously wonky. I have the same problem you're having: can't delete a text box.

Also, don't try @ tagging anybody: your cursor will get stuck at the end of the tag and you can't type anything further after it. You have to have a space (or other char) after the spot where you want to put the tag, before you tag.

Or my favorite: until very recently, there was a bug in Firefox for Android where having an emoji at the end of the text box would crash the browser. Lol.

Edited by Ardaedhel