GrandAdmiralCrunch

What will Wave 8 bring?

34 minutes ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Interdictor-class_Star_Destroyer/Canon

even the last paragraph in the canon article mentions the size discrepancy. Either the Rebels Interdictor is different from the 418,or it was scaled wrong on the show. 

The rebels crew said themselves, it’s not a 418.... it is a new ship

6 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

The rebels crew said themselves, it’s not a 418.... it is a new ship

Yup, this is not a 418.  But the Rebels Interdictor is listed separately on Wookieepedia (see my link above), explicitly identified as Titus' ship, and is listed at 600m.  I'm not sure where that number came from--if it's the result of poor QC (*gasp*!  *shock*!) or if there's some legit source for it.  I checked all of the starwars.com sources listed on the page and none mentions size that I could see.

Regardless, it's not terribly important to the originial point as the AF2 is listed at 700m, putting the small/medium cutoff between 580m and 700m instead of 580m and 600m.  Again, assuming length is the determining factor, which... ehh...

13 hours ago, Ardaedhel said:

Yup, this is not a 418.  But the Rebels Interdictor is listed separately on Wookieepedia (see my link above), explicitly identified as Titus' ship, and is listed at 600m.  I'm not sure where that number came from--if it's the result of poor QC (*gasp*!  *shock*!) or if there's some legit source for it.  I checked all of the starwars.com sources listed on the page and none mentions size that I could see.

Regardless, it's not terribly important to the originial point as the AF2 is listed at 700m, putting the small/medium cutoff between 580m and 700m instead of 580m and 600m.  Again, assuming length is the determining factor, which... ehh...

Yea I think the Interdictor is much bigger than 600m

Edit: Also are we counting Wookiepedia as an official source now? 

Also how about the Quasar? I think I put it around 500m long. idk.

Edited by TallGiraffe

On 11/15/2017 at 9:47 PM, Democratus said:

Agreed. Tech in the Star Wars universe has been in stagnation for thousands (if not tens of thousands) of years.

There are the occasional times when someone builds an awesome weapon/spaceship/etc. but these seem to be clever exceptions that fade away once the moment is gone.

It's even worse than that, technology in Star Wars has not only mostly platformed but actually regressed in some (or many) cases. As an example the Interdictor-class Sith cruiser (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Interdictor-class_cruiser) which is only 600 meters long but comparable in power to a 900 meters long Victory II class Star Destroyer AND has gravity well interdiction technology which has only just been reinvented again by the Empire. So while its safe to say that First Order / New Republic ships are slightly better than their Imperial / Rebellion counterparts, and those are slightly better than their Clone Wars predecessors (due to this being 1 continuous period of mostly war), its quite possible that a fleet from say the Great Hyperspace War would wipe the floor with the more modern ships.

C-roc Cruiser flottilas

Cr-70 flottilas

Cr-90 carrier variant

cr-90 task force pack

Raider task force pack

OR!........or........... Clone Wars! YAAAASSS ?!

oh and U-wings to match the mandalorian drop ships.

I'm kinda waiting for them to do something like a "joint" or "mixed" flotilla where it precribes two different ships that you put on one flotilla stand. It's not likely at all, but it would be a really interesting and cool looking direction to go in. Other than that I think 'new'ships will slow down and new refits and task force units will be added. And I'm plenty okay with that.

29 minutes ago, Lord Tareq said:

It's even worse than that, technology in Star Wars has not only mostly platformed but actually regressed in some (or many) cases. As an example the Interdictor-class Sith cruiser (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Interdictor-class_cruiser) which is only 600 meters long but comparable in power to a 900 meters long Victory II class Star Destroyer AND has gravity well interdiction technology which has only just been reinvented again by the Empire. So while its safe to say that First Order / New Republic ships are slightly better than their Imperial / Rebellion counterparts, and those are slightly better than their Clone Wars predecessors (due to this being 1 continuous period of mostly war), its quite possible that a fleet from say the Great Hyperspace War would wipe the floor with the more modern ships.

They the prequels that there hadn’t been a full scale war since the founding of the republic. For centuries the Jedi policed the galaxy and aside from a few skirmishes between defense fleets, there were no military engagements. 

It would make sense over that amount of time for the technology to atrophy. 

As for other technologies... it looks like Disney is pushing the Franchise to a point of timelessness. In the old EU they seemed to have some level of advancement. Now it seems as though everything is a different configuration of something that has exsisted for generations. 

Hey all. Not sure if anyone's mentioned it but, I'm hoping that Wave VIII will look something like this:

Imperials:

Nebulon-B2 Frigate

Assault Gunboats (Maybe TIE Avengers?)

Rebels:

Mon Calamari MC-40 Light Cruiser

T-Wings (Maybe R-41 Starchasers?)

Or:

Both Factions:

Dreadnaught

Storm Trooper Transport

Assault Transport

Assault Shuttles

Or a Campaign Pack that includes scenarios for using:

Cargo Ferry

Container Transport

Other Container Transport (H shaped)

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Alpha Xg1 said:

Hey all. Not sure if anyone's mentioned it but, I'm hoping that Wave VIII will look something like this:

Imperials:

Nebulon-B2 Frigate

Rebels:

Or:

Both Factions:

Dreadnaught

Storm Trooper Transport

Assault Transport

Assault Shuttles

Cargo Ferry

Container Transport

You know how I know you played XvT? :)

1 hour ago, Ardaedhel said:

You know how I know you played XvT? :)

Hehe. Hey Ard! :D

How? I didn't mention anything about Modified Loronar Strike Cruisers or "Tau 1 - message from one of our strike craft: They've been destroyed!"

I also didn't mention: "All forward turbolaser batteries - maximum fire!"

:D

2 hours ago, Alpha Xg1 said:

Imperials:

Nebulon-B2 Frigate

Rebels:

Or:

Both Factions:

Dreadnaught

Storm Trooper Transport

Assault Transport

Assault Shuttles

Cargo Ferry

Container Transport

Hadnt heard of those before so i looked them up on the wiki.

I like the idea of R-41 Starchasers being the blue versions of Z95s, not a fan of the T-wing. 

My knowledge is based off the wiki though so...

Id like to see a droid and pirates, wave. ships and droid that work for both side. Not another faction (ive been yelled at about a third faction to much)

R2D2 the most powerful card in the game. C3PO, most annoying card in the game.

upgrades that add defense tokens.

Perhaps katana fleet, medium ships for both sides.

Edited by I_shot_first

19 hours ago, ktflory said:

That number someone got from the EU sources, visually you can see the new interdictor is larger, closer to ISD length.

Actually, it's from the later, newcanon source On The Front Lines. Thanks to one of the Story Group (Matt Martin) tweeting that the 600m Immobilizer 418 mentioned in that book is the same as the Rebels Interdictor - Wookieepedia is caught in a bind - the visual evidence (and the Trivia Gallery for Stealth Strike) clearly say that it's supposed to be much larger - but a Story Group member says otherwise.

So, they have to wait until the Story Group clear it up. Either On The Front Lines is wrong, or, the Immobilizer-418 is a different class from the Interdictor Star Destroyer.

I would much prefer the second - that the Interdictor Star Destroyer was created to replace the Immobilizer-418, which ceased production due to its flaws (though they were still in service as late as the Battle of Jakku.

After re-watching the Ep8 trailers again, I find it hard to believe they aren't going to move into the new trilogy by Wave 9 at the latest.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's wave 8.

Wave 3 was the last big screen visible ships from the OT (although one of the squads from Wave 5 should be noted here).

Waves 4, 5, 6, and 7 are EU, Rebels or Rogue one....and that material is just about drained.  Few of the things left in the OT timeline would even be remotely recognizable except to a niche crowd that played a certain video game 10, 15, or 20 years ago.

While Ep7 didn't intro a lot of new ships/fighters, Ep8 seems to have a lot of new possibilities.  The space scenes seem to show a lot of new ships.  This offers ripe possibilities for FFG to pull something current and popular into their game which might draw new customers...as opposed to some niche ship only seen in one rough drawing from a comic book from 10 years ago which would only really appeal to existing fans of the game.

Wave 8 however could be Solo related.  If that movie shows a few ships, we could see some units from that movie like we have from Rogue One.  I highly doubt the movie will be as fleet dependent as RO was though.  It would also be a good time to intro Han as a Commander.

So, my guess right now.  Wave 8 will give us some material from the Solo movie.  Then Wave 9 will bring us into the New Trilogy.

Wave 8 hits about June (1 month after Solo movie).  Wave 9 and 10 hit late 2018 through mid 2019, and then they set up wave 11 with Ep 9 ships to land late December 2019 to correspond with the Ep 9 release date....only to have it delayed till mid 2020.

On 17.11.2017 at 6:08 PM, kmanweiss said:

Wave 3 was the last big screen visible ships from the OT (although one of the squads from Wave 5 should be noted here).

Not really. We got the Liberty in Wave 4, which has about the same amount of screen time as Home One. Also Waves 5 and 6 are canon, not EU :P And well, we still got ships from the movies to explore. We see imperial Venators and Rebel Dornean Gunships in the live-action movies. So i would guess those could be the next Wave. Imps still need another Large ships and Rebs could need some more medium ships like the Assault Frigate Mk. 1 or the MC40 as a Rebel Quasar equivalent.