GrandAdmiralCrunch

What will Wave 8 bring?

7 hours ago, svelok said:

Would a wingless Liberty look sufficiently distinct from the existing Liberty and Home One?

Same question for the Tector, except double because the Kaut/Cymoon exist now also. Is the Kaut really not battleship-y enough as it is?

ugh all of those red dice. I hate red dice so much. Plus I'd like them to have a real side arc if they're going to drop the front arc. i would love to see a 7 / 6 or a 6 / 6. I try to avoid red dice and don't "love" black dice(that range) but I would be fine with 1 or 2 blacks if the front was 7. I just don't love 5 of one, none blue, dice in one arc. Plus I'm like 99% going to add spinal to it with that double turbo so 6 red dice out the front has me worried. 

1 minute ago, dominosfleet said:

hum, i don't hate these, maybe 4 dice out the side(a blue to both sets preferably). 

Also, blast doors or ecms?

ECMs, most likely. That way, you can keep the redirect/brace, although I do see a use for blast doors.

Things I'd love to see in a new wave:

Ships from outside the original trilogy of films.  The closest thing so far is the Arquitens cruiser, but there's no reason we get the Victory Star Destroyer but not the Venator or the Resurgent Class Star Destroyer.  These trilogies are the new and future source for all potential canonical expansion in Star Wars, FFG should actively embrace this.

I'd really like to see a new, official release of quality acrylic game pieces including official command tokens, defense tokens, and range and distance rulers for direct purchase.

What I'd like most of all is a cheap starter set focused on one faction with a damage deck, 2-3 ships, and the core components for one player.  I believe that if this game were released at a solid entry point below $100 it would be far easier to bring in new players.  The $40 MSRP entry for X-Wing is a massive reason for that game's success.

4 hours ago, ianediger said:

ECMs, most likely. That way, you can keep the redirect/brace, although I do see a use for blast doors.

I was thinking 2 titles

one is while defending at long range you are considered obstructed. 

Other one allows an additional dice and/or reroll with concentrated fire. 

5 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

2418h.jpg  2419h.jpg

My hopes and dreams.

I feel like the point costs are backwards. I think it is universal that the ship with long range AA and/or higher squad command is more expensive. The exception being the AF A/B, but the double AA is the more expensive one. 

Otherwise it's an interesting ship. Not sure what I'd do with Weapons Team. Looks like a better Arq actually. I could see a fleet composed of both ships being quite fun to play.

5 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

I feel like the point costs are backwards. I think it is universal that the ship with long range AA and/or higher squad command is more expensive. The exception being the AF A/B, but the double AA is the more expensive one. 

Otherwise it's an interesting ship. Not sure what I'd do with Weapons Team. Looks like a better Arq actually. I could see a fleet composed of both ships being quite fun to play.

Well the trade off is for more red dice. The weapons team idea is so it can get some of the other teams like Veteran Gunners. 

5 hours ago, dominosfleet said:

ugh all of those red dice. I hate red dice so much. Plus I'd like them to have a real side arc if they're going to drop the front arc. i would love to see a 7 / 6 or a 6 / 6. I try to avoid red dice and don't "love" black dice(that range) but I would be fine with 1 or 2 blacks if the front was 7. I just don't love 5 of one, none blue, dice in one arc. Plus I'm like 99% going to add spinal to it with that double turbo so 6 red dice out the front has me worried. 

Vader has got you covered! Vader with two cyamoons rocking spinals, XI7, and gunnery teams spits out a TON of red dice with rerolls! 

2 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

C-ROC Flotillas?

Now question is who to give it to? My guess the Rebels. It would have more firepower much like the Gozanti but only 1 squadron value so more of a support ship than a squadron pusher.

It would fit in well with the Rebels. Far better than a scum faction. 

I'm admittedly still pretty new to Armada, but it seems to me the logical choices for Wave 8 would be similar to what others have said:

• Rebels: Braha'tok gunship (hopefully as an anti-starfighter platform)
  • Imperials: Venator (I'm assuming the Imps are still using these during the OT era...)

The Braha'tok appeared enough in Rogue One that they could potentially package U-Wings along with it and continue the Rogue One theme from the Profundity expansion.

It'll be interesting to see if any new capital ships are introduced in the Solo film; that could really influence expectations for future waves.

I really hope they don't go into TLJ with wave 8, but I'm already resigned to the fact that it'll happen. I mean, the timing is too good, with the release of the movie and the direction all the other Star Wars products are going (and not just FFG, but other companies that vend Star Wars branded products). I just hate the new Star Destroyer designs. I would much prefer a Venator (and I don't even want it that much) to any of The Last Jedi stuff.

I really hope that they instead go back and embrace Rogue One: we need rogues like the U-Wing, the Zeta-class Cargo Shuttle, and it would be really cool if they released some space stations (beginning with the shield gate, though I suspect that would come with a new Corellian Conflict-like campaign box). They can then pop in some K-Wings, Alpha-class Starwing Gunboats (both with some new SLAM keyword), maybe a Sentinal-class Imperial shuttle (it made a canonical appearance in ANH to validate its limitless Legends appearances), the Braha'tok-class gunship, etc. That gives them the ability to release Krennic as an officer, Cassian Andor as a U-Wing pilot, Antoc Merrick, death troopers, etc.

5 minutes ago, Ziusdra said:

I really hope they don't go into TLJ with wave 8, but I'm already resigned to the fact that it'll happen. I mean, the timing is too good, with the release of the movie and the direction all the other Star Wars products are going (and not just FFG, but other companies that vend Star Wars branded products). I just hate the new Star Destroyer designs. I would much prefer a Venator (and I don't even want it that much) to any of The Last Jedi stuff.

I really hope that they instead go back and embrace Rogue One: we need rogues like the U-Wing, the Zeta-class Cargo Shuttle, and it would be really cool if they released some space stations (beginning with the shield gate, though I suspect that would come with a new Corellian Conflict-like campaign box). They can then pop in some K-Wings, Alpha-class Starwing Gunboats (both with some new SLAM keyword), maybe a Sentinal-class Imperial shuttle (it made a canonical appearance in ANH to validate its limitless Legends appearances), the Braha'tok-class gunship, etc. That gives them the ability to release Krennic as an officer, Cassian Andor as a U-Wing pilot, Antoc Merrick, death troopers, etc.

With 33 Rebel Squadrons and 35 Imperial Squadrons (once wave 7 hits). I don't think we're going to need squad packs for a little while. While I fear Sequel Trilogy ships are coming, I sure hope they don't. I'd like to see either a Vindicator or an Acclamator Class SD in Wave 8. Something that is in the same class size as a Gladiator, but with more range. For Rebels, I want the DP 20. Excluding the GR-75s (which are their own thing as flotillas) the Rebs haven't had a $20 ship since wave 1!!!

Id only really like them to bring out the Uwing for added squadrons, however i would like to see more in the way of elite pilots. Id love more imperial aces and variations on pilots for the bigger squadron ships like a Ghost with Ezra or Millennium Falcon Piloted by Chewbacca. 

As for big ships id love these

·         the Ark Hammer. Stupidly high engineering value, experimental slots and coming with a boarding card of the dark troopers 1-3 each with a different effect that can only be fielded if the Ark Hammer is in the fleet.

·         Imperial listener ship. Flotilla of course with intel abilities, looking at dials and forcing activations or even advancing your own activations.

For the rebels i want these

·         Quasar (Phoenix home). Only fair since the empire now have 2 star destroyers why not give the rebels a stolen ship with a high fighter value.

·         the Dornean gunships. Flotilla but with a bit of a bite to it, maybe able to take ordnance upgrades or just generally be a bit more tanky than the other flotillas.

Thats what id like but im still hyped for Thrawn 

I really hope they stick to the original trilogy only.  The day they add new trilogy or prequels crap is most likely when I stop buying.  I hope they just make separate games for those trilogies.  I can’t stand seeing Kylo’s shuttle in the same game as the punishing one.  It ruins theme.  

9 minutes ago, ninclouse2000 said:

I really hope they stick to the original trilogy only.  The day they add new trilogy or prequels crap is most likely when I stop buying.  I hope they just make separate games for those trilogies.  I can’t stand seeing Kylo’s shuttle in the same game as the punishing one.  It ruins theme.  

Is it just the visual of that, that is the disconnect for you?

I'm genuinely curious and not trying to belittle - I'm just wondering at what point does it become a disconnect, though?

17 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Is it just the visual of that, that is the disconnect for you?

I'm genuinely curious and not trying to belittle - I'm just wondering at what point does it become a disconnect, though?

Hi.  It’s kind of the visual.  It made my eyes bug out in x-wing.  I’m all for the ships in the new trilogy, I would just prefer them in their own game with their own scale.  Plus I don’t see how they can introduce the squadrons from the new trilogy without them looking the same as the x wings and ties we already have. Also tech from the new trilogy should be far superior to the tech in the ot.  An ISD should not be able to have a shot against the Raddus. In xwing,  the new trilogy stuff didn’t feel superior to the ot. That stuff for whatever reason bugs me.  

I want the new trilogy ships, just in their own armada 2.0 game or something.  I’m sure most people don’t share my opinion and that’s cool.  It triggers my ocd or something lol.