GrandAdmiralCrunch

What will Wave 8 bring?

3 hours ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

Okay, so we’ve all heard the bad news... no Wave 7 till 2018. I know it’s a real kick to the undercarriage, but it is what it is. If you need to vent, we have a couple of threads you can yell into. Here... here we are going to accentuate the positive.

Rumor is, Wave 8 is done and we will see an announcement before we get the Wave 7 spoiler articles.

IF it’s true, what will we see?  What is likely to share a joint release with 7. 

(I know this isn’t exactly original, but I wanted to spread a little positivity. I think we could use it.)

Something big. Ffg said so :D

I also would like a new campaign.

2 hours ago, Thrindal said:

(Yes I am a little bitter about Destiny too, I bought into it hard for the first 2 waves but the Meta sucked and it already has more errata then Armada does and I have mostly bailed on it with the exception of casual play from time to time.)

Pretty much the exact same experience @geek19 and I had as well. Went in hard on the first two sets, the meta got really bad really quick, we hit the eject button. Lots of stores in the area just buried in Destiny inventory because when they could finally get as much as they wanted, demand had cratered and folks were running for the exits.

The erratas seem to have addressed some of the awful-meta problems, but it was too little too late for me/us anyways. That and over-relying on errata in a card game is an imperfect solution and I worry if it gets much worse you'll see more people just throwing up their hands and leaving. Hard to say.

4 hours ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Wave 8 has to have a squadron pack. Maybe rogues 2? (which if they're releasing 7&8 together like they did with 3&4 it would kinda fit with the ISD rerelease). It's also entirely possible that wave 8 will step us into First Order/Resistance expansions since EP 8 will be out by then. 

I think you're being optimistic that episode 9 won't be out by the time wave 8 is out. Disney is nearly doing movies faster than FFG is supporting this game. 

3 hours ago, BlueSquadronPilot said:

Hopefully some more flotillas with Anti-squadron/torpedo focus, Braha'tok-class gunships and Tartan Patrol crafts or something similar! I'd like U-Wings as well, and some more variety of Imperial small/medium size ships.

Also off topic, I just recently got into Armada, and I've been steadily increasing my ship count, however I cannot find any Imperial Fighter packs (for a decent price - in CAD, the ones I've seen are going for like $35+ without shipping included) I've only managed to pick up one pack, and I am definitely looking to get one more at least.... but everywhere seems to be sold out. Has there been a reprint of these, or am I going to be waiting months? 

ugh, this can be rough. FFG has issues reprinting older sets and they were out of stock for this set earlier this year. I remember ordering them in Feb from thewarstore and didn't actually see them until June/July. 

My recommendation would be to scour any local store, those tend to be the last places to sell out, especially if they sell armada but don't host armada because people don't think of them and/or do any spontaneous pickups. 

it doesn't help that stuff like this tends to be a non issue once you get them because people seldom need more than 1 or 2 extra sets of the models so while i get irked at FFG for not supplying new customers i semi get their perspective. 

TLDR, Wall of Text: Look at local stores, but it can be rough. 

4 hours ago, BlueSquadronPilot said:

Hopefully some more flotillas with Anti-squadron/torpedo focus, Braha'tok-class gunships and Tartan Patrol crafts or something similar! I'd like U-Wings as well, and some more variety of Imperial small/medium size ships.

Also off topic, I just recently got into Armada, and I've been steadily increasing my ship count, however I cannot find any Imperial Fighter packs (for a decent price - in CAD, the ones I've seen are going for like $35+ without shipping included) I've only managed to pick up one pack, and I am definitely looking to get one more at least.... but everywhere seems to be sold out. Has there been a reprint of these, or am I going to be waiting months? 

Meeplemart has them for $21 at the moment, I believe.

I thought wave 8 would maybe include something from the Solo movie...?

But probably enough stuff for a new fighter pack already. Or maybe some sort of campaign pack. As much as I wish it, I just don’t think we will see any cool EU stuff seeing the light of day.

1 hour ago, TallGiraffe said:

I want faction starter boxes. The core box is a big turn off in price and honestly I think it needs to be replaced. 

This seems to be have been a request for the past, /looks at watch, 2 years but I'm not confident that FFG looks at their forums / listens to their customers. 

Being not negative/sarcastic for a moment:

I'd love more flotillas that do different things. I don't want more squads, but another mixed faction box would be ok. TLJ has the possibility of adding more cap ships so it's possible the future vision is coming soon. I also am a sucker for stuff used in Rebellion and the other PC games. I'd say another mission/campaign mode but I'm doubting that as a possibility. 

Personally I'm anti SSD. Just too big.

I'd like to see a large base Imperial close range boardside torpedo ship. Pretty sure there is nothing in Cannon, but hey, just pull a raider and make something up.

Edited by Karneck

13 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

Man, I NEVER get to Do stuff like this!

"in before SWM20" and/or "Its a Super Star Destroyer!"

Let's face it.  some schmuck is going to predict it sooner or later...   

For the record, I'm still of the mindset it'd be too **** big to fit in Armada, and it'd be too watered down to properly represent an Executor if you made it smaller...

Hay now! I resemble that remark!

19 hours ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

Okay, so we’ve all heard the bad news... no Wave 7 till 2018. I know it’s a real kick to the undercarriage, but it is what it is. If you need to vent, we have a couple of threads you can yell into. Here... here we are going to accentuate the positive.

Rumor is, Wave 8 is done and we will see an announcement before we get the Wave 7 spoiler articles.

IF it’s true, what will we see?  What is likely to share a joint release with 7. 

(I know this isn’t exactly original, but I wanted to spread a little positivity. I think we could use it.)

New squadron pack (preferabaly half rebel half imperial)

New flotilla for both sides

Sabine's Quasar Fire for rebels

rebel only "boarding troopers" style card.

12 hours ago, Karneck said:

I'd like to see a large base Imperial close range boardside torpedo ship. Pretty sure there is nothing in Cannon, but hey, just pull a raider and make something up.

Broadside-Class cruiser sounds the closest, but no longer canon of course.

Crusier is too small.

Needs to be a battleship or at least a battlecruiser.

Edit: Battlecruiser makes the most sense actually.

Size of a battleship, armament of a battleship, but trades off armor in order to get speed.

Edited by Karneck