GrandAdmiralCrunch

What will Wave 8 bring?

4 hours ago, ISD Avenger said:

Is the Tector an actual model? Or just a weird shot in the movie that looks like a ‘different’ model?

I think you can tell from the shots, that the dome and the hangar are completely gone - that they modified the Avenger model specifically for that shot.

bayless4.jpg

If we can't get Clone Wars content, I'd love to see the Nebula-Class Star Destroyer or Endurance-Class Fleet Carriers enter the game.  

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nebula-class_Star_Destroyer

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Endurance-class_fleet_carrier

****, you could use one model both, and just have the upper command/hanger deck be a snap on/off piece if they wanted to.  

50 minutes ago, Ironlord said:

I think you can tell from the shots, that the dome and the hangar are completely gone - that they modified the Avenger model specifically for that shot.

bayless4.jpg

One of the more puzzling aspects about this shot is that this Star Destroyer appears to be “upside down” relative to the rest of the fleet, something we’ve never seen in Star Wars. I’m not saying it isn’t possible I’m just saying other than this shot we’ve never seen something like this in any other Star Wars movie.

Edited by Battlefleet 01 Studios

23 minutes ago, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

One of the more puzzling aspects about this shot is that this Star Destroyer appears to be “upside down” relative to the rest of the fleet, something we’ve never seen in Star Wars. I’m not saying it isn’t possible I’m just saying other than this shot we’ve never seen something like this in any other Star Wars movie.

The Captain heard somewhere that Spinning was a good trick...

1 hour ago, Ironlord said:

bayless4.jpg

I never got this, but how do we know this is the ventral side of the ISD?

4 minutes ago, DOMSWAT911 said:

Meesa be in Armada!

Meesa will ruin the best game ever!!!

kk0ma.jpg

Oh no meesa target for everyone 

jar jar: - in the start of ever ship phase roll a red attack die applying any hits shown.  If an accuracy or crit is rolled you may store it on this card until the ship activates when you may add it to an attack pool during modify die step.

cost 0 points 

@dominosfleet

It's not that any particular new component is 'OP' per se, but the overall power level of the game has gone up quite a bit in power output and precision of application to the point where gameplay decisions have less of an impact, and pre-game decisions have moreso of one. This is a trend of pretty much every FFG minis game ever made. The range of results from the same dice pool get narrower, the abilities of a single game piece become multi, the resolve of each hedges up, the count of units bizarrely increases. It's just the way it goes. For years and years now you can quote me as saying "for any game which has expanding content, power creep will occur."

If I were to arbitrarily say anything is actually 'op'in this wave though, or at least what I suspect might prove to be so, I'd say Raddus. His ability is kinda a kick to the games balls. I would have done him differently. He could be the second admiral we see get nerfed eventually.

I wholeheartedly agree with the above. And that's why I loved the Arquitens and the Pelta. They didn't give us great things, they only gave us good things that could occasionally be used. How much table time you gave to your Kitten? Not much I assume but RBDs and DTTs are still useful alternatives to ECM amd LS.

I would like to see more small ship releases with not toonpowerful but situationally useful cards. Neb-B II for the Imps, Corellian Gunship for the Rebels.

And Dreadnoughts of course. Dual faction Dreadnoughts.

2 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

@dominosfleet

It's not that any particular new component is 'OP' per se, but the overall power level of the game has gone up quite a bit in power output and precision of application to the point where gameplay decisions have less of an impact, and pre-game decisions have moreso of one. This is a trend of pretty much every FFG minis game ever made. The range of results from the same dice pool get narrower, the abilities of a single game piece become multi, the resolve of each hedges up, the count of units bizarrely increases. It's just the way it goes. For years and years now you can quote me as saying "for any game which has expanding content, power creep will occur."

If I were to arbitrarily say anything is actually 'op'in this wave though, or at least what I suspect might prove to be so, I'd say Raddus. His ability is kinda a kick to the games balls. I would have done him differently. He could be the second admiral we see get nerfed eventually.

Raddus is good, but he isn't THAT good to be nerfed. I don't even know how you could nerf him anyways.

Raddus can be powerful, but he's hardly OP.  Using Raddus means you are skimping out on deployments which can give a slight advantage to the enemy.  You are also shorting yourself on activations each turn until you deploy the ship, again giving an advantage to the other side.  You're also clearly laying out your plan for the enemy to respond to.  They know which ship has Raddus, and which ship is waiting in hyperspace, and they know how you want to deploy it.  By using a fighter screen to prevent deployment, other ships to prevent deployment or block LOS to the main target, or just by simply making sure you don't move into a vulnerable spot, or have a way to move after the deployment, you end up with a lot of potential counters.  Once you deploy the ship, it can't act first, so again, your enemy has a chance to avoid it.

Beyond all that Raddus is a one shot commander.  He has an ability that happens 1 time in the match.  If that is prevented or negated in some way, he's a very expensive waste of points.  Other commanders are providing benefits every single round, or for 3 rounds, and are much more consistent with their abilities.

Raddus is a fun commander, and can really trip things up for an unprepared opponent.  I think he'll be a game changer for awhile in tournaments.  But I think most good players are going to be able to come up with ways to counter Raddus in most situations making him far less valuable.

If im honest, I hope we dont see any (Capital) new trilogy ships "yet" I mean these ships are almost twice the size of a regular ISD and i could only see them being added like the Corvette and Raider are in X-Wing (Never played, just seen models) 

They could add some Resistance Frigates, but then I dont think there arent any small First Order Ships. 

I mean, im totally up for Imperial Venator and Resistance Frigates ;) two eras, one wave. Best of both (Canon too)

"I don't know how to counter this, it's clearly OP. I should be able to run 32 18 point transports and nothing else and win" Some people in the Armada community. 

Edit: the image from rogue one of the Devastator showing up and that transport running into then that same person being Pi**ed. "OP nonsense" popped in my head. 

Edited by dominosfleet

@TallGiraffe 

Riekan wasn't considered that bad in the beginning either. But then as the game expanded he became a major issue. I believe Raddus will do the same. As more efficient 'bombs' become possible, and more efficient 'summoners' as I call them become available, he will come to be an issue. Already I've seen bombs do incredible things without much for an opponent to do about it. I've seen two Arquitten kills from full to dead from a Liberty drop turn two, and 11 damage from just a hammerhead dropped out of Prof. If they FAQ anything soon I hope it is the Profundity. I don't think any game object should be able to act first if it enters from off board reserve. Hyperspace assault doesn't let you do it, Raddus himself doesn't, rapid launch bays do but on a super tight leash... Why does profundity? I might be in the minority on this, but I've been in the minority in the past and usually proved right so I'll take my chance on being wrong here too. It's not like being wrong about this would be a bad thing anyway.

37 minutes ago, ForceSensitive said:

@TallGiraffe

Already I've seen bombs do incredible things without much for an opponent to do about it. I've seen two Arquitten kills from full to dead from a Liberty drop turn two, and 11 damage from just a hammerhead dropped out of Prof.

Is this because Profundity slash Raddus are TOO GOOD or because the opponent hasn't learned to counter play against it? I saw Konstantine win games when he first came out, and he's...... An Admiral you can take.

As for 11 HH damage, I applaud whoever rolled LITERALLY max damage on a concentrating fire external racks hammerhead, especially getting the double red there, too. I'm sure the lack of an accuracy slightly hampered it, of course, as an ISD can brace that down to 6 and redirect to the shields. Sometimes hammerheads roll that well.

2 hours ago, geek19 said:

Is this because Profundity slash Raddus are TOO GOOD or because the opponent hasn't learned to counter play against it? I saw Konstantine win games when he first came out, and he's...... An Admiral you can take.

As for 11 HH damage, I applaud whoever rolled LITERALLY max damage on a concentrating fire external racks hammerhead, especially getting the double red there, too. I'm sure the lack of an accuracy slightly hampered it, of course, as an ISD can brace that down to 6 and redirect to the shields. Sometimes hammerheads roll that well.

Yeah, man, it seems like regression to the mean is the solution to this particular bomb balance issue. It’s possible they introduce something in the future that creates a Raddus Problem, but I don’t see much of one now...

So...my guess for wave 8...two new flotillas, ?along with new rules for flotillas that they don't count for tabling?

Imperial IGV-88 surveillance vessel

From Rebels TV series: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/IGV-55_surveillance_vessel

IGV-55_surveillance_vessel2.png

Rebel Braha'tok-class gunship

From Return of the Jedi, Rebels TV series, and Rogue One: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Braha'tok-class_gunship/Canon

Zero_Hour_thumb.png

58 minutes ago, xanderf said:

So...my guess for wave 8...two new flotillas, ?along with new rules for flotillas that they don't count for tabling?

Imperial IGV-88 surveillance vessel

From Rebels TV series: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/IGV-55_surveillance_vessel

IGV-55_surveillance_vessel2.png

Rebel Braha'tok-class gunship

From Return of the Jedi, Rebels TV series, and Rogue One: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Braha'tok-class_gunship/Canon

Zero_Hour_thumb.png

That makes sense, as we just had a large ship wave. However, does it make sense for them to release the SSD with a campaign along with special rules with a smaller wave like this?