GrandAdmiralCrunch

What will Wave 8 bring?

Okay, so we’ve all heard the bad news... no Wave 7 till 2018. I know it’s a real kick to the undercarriage, but it is what it is. If you need to vent, we have a couple of threads you can yell into. Here... here we are going to accentuate the positive.

Rumor is, Wave 8 is done and we will see an announcement before we get the Wave 7 spoiler articles.

IF it’s true, what will we see?  What is likely to share a joint release with 7. 

(I know this isn’t exactly original, but I wanted to spread a little positivity. I think we could use it.)

Just now, Undeadguy said:

Wave 8 will bring us our delayed wave 7 content.

Really doubling down on the positivity of this topic, aren't we?

Anyway, my hope for wave 8 is the same as it has been ever since I started this wonderful game - I want, no, I NEED a Venator! It's just so very pretty

2 minutes ago, Diabloelmo said:

Really doubling down on the positivity of this topic, aren't we?

Anyway, my hope for wave 8 is the same as it has been ever since I started this wonderful game - I want, no, I NEED a Venator! It's just so very pretty

I think it's optimistic actually. I rather enjoy large waves. So getting 2 large ships, with whatever wave 8 brings will be fun. The only bad thing is Legion will be released at the same time. 

Man, I NEVER get to Do stuff like this!

"in before SWM20" and/or "Its a Super Star Destroyer!"

Let's face it.  some schmuck is going to predict it sooner or later...   

For the record, I'm still of the mindset it'd be too **** big to fit in Armada, and it'd be too watered down to properly represent an Executor if you made it smaller...

Edited by Drasnighta

Wave 8 has to have a squadron pack. Maybe rogues 2? (which if they're releasing 7&8 together like they did with 3&4 it would kinda fit with the ISD rerelease). It's also entirely possible that wave 8 will step us into First Order/Resistance expansions since EP 8 will be out by then. 

I predict 2 small ships, with a split squad pack. FFG has shown they are willing to release "single" squads with ships, so I'd guess they will release a few more squads to help balance the current issues the squad games faces. Maybe 2 squads per faction, with the Rebels getting the new keyword the Imps are getting in wave 7. 

1 minute ago, Undeadguy said:

I predict 2 small ships, with a split squad pack. FFG has shown they are willing to release "single" squads with ships, so I'd guess they will release a few more squads to help balance the current issues the squad games faces. Maybe 2 squads per faction, with the Rebels getting the new keyword the Imps are getting in wave 7. 

That would actually be nicely symmetrical with Wave 7. 

Hopefully some more flotillas with Anti-squadron/torpedo focus, Braha'tok-class gunships and Tartan Patrol crafts or something similar! I'd like U-Wings as well, and some more variety of Imperial small/medium size ships.

Also off topic, I just recently got into Armada, and I've been steadily increasing my ship count, however I cannot find any Imperial Fighter packs (for a decent price - in CAD, the ones I've seen are going for like $35+ without shipping included) I've only managed to pick up one pack, and I am definitely looking to get one more at least.... but everywhere seems to be sold out. Has there been a reprint of these, or am I going to be waiting months? 

Edited by BlueSquadronPilot

1 hour ago, Snipafist said:

I got a picture of wave 8
Image result for destiny 2 player starter

I'M NOT BITTER

And those are sitting on shelves everywhere as are booster packs and at least around here, interest is way down.

I have no idea how FFG is structured but it seems like a lot of resources were pulled to support Destiny only to have the customer excitement subseed considerably.  With that and Legion I have to assume resources were pulled from Armada and other games to support those projects.  I just know a lot of FLGS owners are upset because they couldn't get Destiny when it was hot, were forced to buy a blind item that has not sold well, and are now sitting on lots of product.

I have pre-orders in for both Armada expansions and the Legion Core set.  I just hope I get rewarded for my patience and get to see these in my life time.

(Yes I am a little bitter about Destiny too, I bought into it hard for the first 2 waves but the Meta sucked and it already has more errata then Armada does and I have mostly bailed on it with the exception of casual play from time to time.)

Edited by Thrindal

1 minute ago, Thrindal said:

(Yes I am a little bitter about Destiny too, I bought into it hard for the first 2 waves but the Meta sucked and it already has more errata then Armada does and I have mostly bailed on it with the exception of casual play from time to time.)

I never gave it a try but that seems to be the opinion of everyone I know who did.

1 hour ago, BlueSquadronPilot said:

Hopefully some more flotillas with Anti-squadron/torpedo focus, Braha'tok-class gunships and Tartan Patrol crafts or something similar! I'd like U-Wings as well, and some more variety of Imperial small/medium size ships.

Awesome.  Yeah, the Tartan was the ship I was trying to think of.  I think a second flotilla wave that focuses on anti-squad with O.K. ship attack dice would be kinda neat.