Green Knight

One year, one release

Just now, Tirion said:

Who is saying cancellation?

And again patience doesn't necessarily play apart you are generalizing. If a person only had x amount of gaming resources and support is important to you then it would make a lot of sense to drop Armada and pick up a game with better support. This doesn't mean you are impatient it just means you enjoy support, and comparatively Armada is seriously leaking in that area.

Delay = Wait for it = Patience.

Cancellation = No point waiting = I can see why you'd get out.

:)

But I see the disconnect now.

My brain was/is unable to parse a mindset where support for the game itself is a make-or-break for the efficacy of a tabletop wargame...  Too many years playing 40k with 0 support, I guess.  As long as the game itself works (and by most callings, you do have to admit, the stance for the game of Armada itself is mostly positive on the Forums). 

I mean, my gaming budget is exceptionally limited.  I havn't been able to purchase a single thing on my own for Armada this Calendar year. ..  I mean, support is good, but when my gaming resources are limited, I tend to make my own support if that is needed.  Its just what I do.  "We have no FAQ?  Okay, fine, let's scrape one up together.  Boom. Game is perfectly playable."  And then I share that support as wide as possible.

Going to sell my collection would leave me with less than what it takes to start again in a new game system.  So perhaps, in that way, I don't have a choice than to have patience and wait things out?

So certainly, I see now.  

Its not...  The way I see or do things, and that certainly doesn't invalidate it at a point - I just didn't see it.

23 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

What sudden drop off? Objecting to FFG’s MO is valid (I sure do), but the point of the thread is this is nothing new. If you’ve played this game for more than a year, you should at least be expecting it, and probably would have already quit if that was enough.

Somewhere on here someone laid out the releases by year and there is a huge drop off in 2017.

57 minutes ago, Tirion said:

Somewhere on here someone laid out the releases by year and there is a huge drop off in 2017.

Yes and no. It’s partly because another year was inflated by delayed release.

same as if they got back on track right now, 2018 would be inflated by the delay.

when viewed in isolation, certainly yes. 2017 was poor in comparison.

Edited by Drasnighta

On 11/9/2017 at 8:50 AM, kmanweiss said:

Core - 3 ships, 2 squad types - 3/15

Wave 1 - 5 ships, 2 squad packs - 5/15 - 2 month gap

Wave 2 - 4 ships, 1 squad pack - 11/15 - 6 month gap

Wave 3 - 2 ships - 8/16 - 9 month gap

Wave 4 - 2 ships - 8/16 - no gap

Wave 5 - 2 ships, 2 squad pack - 12/16 - 4 month gap

Wave 6 - 2 ships - 7/17 - 7 month gap

Wave 7 - 2 ships - 1st quarter 18 - 6-8 month gap

Page 5.

There is a bit of a trend, but it’s not really a drop off, especially when you consider FFG wanted wave 7 to be a 5 month gap. If anything it’s wave 2 that screws up what would otherwise be fluctuation. And frankly, we have six useful data points total. I feel silly for using words like “trend” and “drop.”

Edited by The Jabbawookie

17 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

Delay = Wait for it = Patience.

Cancellation = No point waiting = I can see why you'd get out.

:)

But I see the disconnect now.

My brain was/is unable to parse a mindset where support for the game itself is a make-or-break for the efficacy of a tabletop wargame...  Too many years playing 40k with 0 support, I guess.  As long as the game itself works (and by most callings, you do have to admit, the stance for the game of Armada itself is mostly positive on the Forums). 

I mean, my gaming budget is exceptionally limited.  I havn't been able to purchase a single thing on my own for Armada this Calendar year. ..  I mean, support is good, but when my gaming resources are limited, I tend to make my own support if that is needed.  Its just what I do.  "We have no FAQ?  Okay, fine, let's scrape one up together.  Boom. Game is perfectly playable."  And then I share that support as wide as possible.

Going to sell my collection would leave me with less than what it takes to start again in a new game system.  So perhaps, in that way, I don't have a choice than to have patience and wait things out?

So certainly, I see now.  

Its not...  The way I see or do things, and that certainly doesn't invalidate it at a point - I just didn't see it.

I sold a load of old Chaos Daemon and Eldar stuff last year. My massive Chaos Space Marine collection (and some Tau) that I started about 20 years ago is no looking ripe to be sold. Will I ever play 40k again? To be honest, doubtful, I've had my fill of 40k now and not played on 3 years. Will I get all my money back? No. Will it get me enough to invest in a new game or five? Probably.

And yet...  it's still hard to let go after investing so much time (let alone money) into collecting and painting them. To be honest though, all they're doing is clogging up room when someone else could be using them and I could finally move on.

....still not easy though, but FFG stuff is calling me.

FFG isn't calling anyone. That's the point of this thread. It's more like they put an ad in the paper, then corrected that ad with a sticky note in the break room. 

(But I totally get what you were throwing down....) ?

Selling my magic cards has bought me the last three waves of ships.

Edited by moodswing5537

For me, it's not just that Wave 7 is late, it's the combination of being late and these:

• No FAQ for many outstanding rule ambiguities with wave 6. Unacceptable.
  • FFG's "Something big is coming for Armada, soon", and ..., it's just a Thrawn announcement? Not big!!
  • Wave 7 contains a previously release model. This is not good and sets the precedence for endless re-paints. Very disappointed in this.
  • FFG silence, and seemingly lack of care for Armada, the past 6 months. Disturbance in The Force.

On 23/11/2017 at 3:23 PM, Thraug said:

• Wave 7 contains a previously release model. This is not good and sets the precedence for endless re-paints. Very disappointed in this.

Exactly this - sure, there's two new ship cards within that need play-testing, but with the model itself requiring only a paint job, you'd think this would be a slightly quicker wave with only one original ship mold. 

At the end of the day we're stakeholders, not just customers, in FFG product - we've invested money and time, on the promise of a long term, evolving game product. To say we're just customers to be dictated to is a limited perception that serves and emphasises only one side of the equation. As stakeholders FFG DO owe us engagement, news and products at a reasonable rate of release. Otherwise, why invest in future FFG products if you know you'll get limited and shoddy service? 

I'd love an article this evening, but ultimately I'm most annoyed with the constant lack of engagement. An article of any type per month and i'd be happy. ****, get one of the tournament winners from here to write something on a regular basis.

On 11/23/2017 at 6:58 AM, Gallanteer said:

I sold a load of old Chaos Daemon and Eldar stuff last year. My massive Chaos Space Marine collection (and some Tau) that I started about 20 years ago is no looking ripe to be sold. Will I ever play 40k again? To be honest, doubtful, I've had my fill of 40k now and not played on 3 years. Will I get all my money back? No. Will it get me enough to invest in a new game or five? Probably.

And yet...  it's still hard to let go after investing so much time (let alone money) into collecting and painting them. To be honest though, all they're doing is clogging up room when someone else could be using them and I could finally move on.

....still not easy though, but FFG stuff is calling me.

i have 15ish k in necrons sitting in a box that i haven't even unpacked in 3 years. while aspects of 8th edition seems attractive I'm not likely to go back, but ya, i'm not selling the stuff. between the time i took to construct/paint them and the knowledge of how much i'd get just doesn't seem worth it. 

36 minutes ago, GammonLord said:

Exactly this - sure, there's two new ship cards within that need play-testing, but with the model itself requiring only a paint job, you'd think this would be a slightly quicker wave with only one original ship mold. 

At the end of the day we're stakeholders, not just customers, in FFG product - we've invested money and time, on the promise of a long term, evolving game product. To say we're just customers to be dictated to is a limited perception that serves and emphasises only one side of the equation. As stakeholders FFG DO owe us engagement, news and products at a reasonable rate of release. Otherwise, why invest in future FFG products if you know you'll get limited and shoddy service? 

I'd love an article this evening, but ultimately I'm most annoyed with the constant lack of engagement. An article of any type per month and i'd be happy. ****, get one of the tournament winners from here to write something on a regular basis.

slippery slope logical fallacy. yes they're doing 1 repaint, but it's for THRAWN. putting thrawn on some transport just wouldn't feel right. They could have put him in a campaign box, i agree, but lets wait for them repeating this before we die under a collapsing sky.  

44 minutes ago, GammonLord said:

Dude, i don't want to be a jerk, but FFG don't owe us s***.  

Just now, geek19 said:

Yeah, but we're not STAKEHOLDERS.  Come the F on.

And let's not compare FFG to EA here.  That's kinda ludicrous as I'm not paying $4 for the optional TRC add-on package to my MC75.

I’m simply stating that bad PR is any company’s worst nightmare.  Someone else referred to customers as stakeholders.  I’m stating that ffg does owe customers much more than we are getting.  Ffg isn’t as big as EA but it certainly feels like a growing majority of paying customers are becoming frustrated with them.  1000 armada players must be like 100,000 potential EA customers.  Do I think that ffg is like EA? No I don’t but I do think they have a growing problem that they are trying to ignore away. 

5 minutes ago, geek19 said:

And let's not compare FFG to EA here.  That's kinda ludicrous as I'm not paying $4 for the optional TRC add-on package to my MC75.

Oh and also much respect for your opinion on the matter though I may disagree. I read many of your posts and find your thoughts on the game to be interesting and well thought out.  Also you provide some humor to the forums too so you are a much appreciated member of the armada community.  

3 minutes ago, ninclouse2000 said:

I’m simply stating that bad PR is any company’s worst nightmare.  Someone else referred to customers as stakeholders.  I’m stating that ffg does owe customers much more than we are getting.  Ffg isn’t as big as EA but it certainly feels like a growing majority of paying customers are becoming frustrated with them.  1000 armada players must be like 100,000 potential EA customers.  Do I think that ffg is like EA? No I don’t but I do think they have a growing problem that they are trying to ignore away. 

Is it that they're trying to ignore it away or that they can't talk about it because NDAs or whatever? I'm relatively sure that they see the frustration on the forums, but the expectation seems to be that "well, i didnt get the article today, so i HAVE to get it tomorrow because they said soon and this is the soonest for ME."

I acknowledge the frustration in the lack of news, but the forums have kinda gotten feral.  It's bad at times waiting on the news, but I DO understand the frustration everyone feels.  I don't think FFG can miss that (and i'll be right there with you if/when wave 7 drops and there's not an FAQ right soon after).  But i personally HAVE to believe that there's SOME reason they can't drop it right away (i pray they're not dumb enough to just try to wait this out...)

2 minutes ago, ninclouse2000 said:

Oh and also much respect for your opinion on the matter though I may disagree. I read many of your posts and find your thoughts on the game to be interesting and well thought out.  Also you provide some humor to the forums too so you are a much appreciated member of the armada community.  

Thank you! I appreciate the civil discourse here, and i will see your point that we want something MORE (like an FAQ).  In my mind though, stakeholders are more bigwigs with cigars and all that fooferral.  You work in an office environment for a few years....

18 minutes ago, geek19 said:

Good sir

Customers are stakeholders. 

Customers are not shareholders, well unless of course they have stocks. Shareholders are also stakeholders. 

Edited by Irokenics

21 minutes ago, geek19 said:

You're maybe thinking of "stakeholder" in a limited sense (someone who directly owns or is part of the company in some way). A stakeholder is someone who has a stake in a company. We, having bought into Armada (presumably for the relative longterm and with a large and growing cash investment) now have an interest in FFG continuing and maintaining this product. We have a stake. If we hadn't bought into it, it wouldn't have been a success. Its a crowded market out there, and we aren't sheep. Its a symbiotic relationship, not a one way street.

21 minutes ago, Irokenics said:

Good sir

Customers are stakeholders. 

Customers are not shareholders, well unless of course they have stocks. Shareholders are also stakeholders. 

Unfortunately we seem to be in the 'low power/low interest - ignore' corner at present....

1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

They have news for Armada. They have said so.

Didn't their last tweet on the matter say that they didn't have any news?

Never mind I found it: We love your passion, but we don't have any updates. When we do have news, you'll be the first to know.

Edited by Megatronrex