Green Knight

One year, one release

I'm with you @Green Knight

It's truly disheartening that FFG has fallen so far behind with Armada. My anger is well recorded on the forums.

However, on the bright side, the wave 6 release and FAQ/errata changes seem to have put Armada into one of, if not the, healthiest states it's ever seen. 

So, ya know...

tumblr_inline_mnrr64kUMF1qegw8v.gif

8 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

I'm with you @Green Knight

It's truly disheartening that FFG has fallen so far behind with Armada. My anger is well recorded on the forums.

However, on the bright side, the wave 6 release and FAQ/errata changes seem to have put Armada into one of, if not the, healthiest states it's ever seen. 

So, ya know...

tumblr_inline_mnrr64kUMF1qegw8v.gif

I have been waiting weeks for this meme, given that for the first time I can remember, there is something resembling unity on the forums.

"SOMETHING BIG IS COMING" is what we were teased with at Gencon. 

Yup, BIG disappointment. Thanks for no wave 6 FAQ yet, nearly no articles, and little communication with the customer base, FFG. I've been enjoying the gajillion articles about X-Wing, LO5R, and Destiny while my profitable and healthy game just gets... nothing. At all.

I'm normally a big Armada booster and I love this game but FFG has not made it easy lately. I don't think just wanting something at all is asking for too much. Especially when there's been an insane amount of content and product coming out for other FFG games.

10 minutes ago, ndogg229 said:

I'm perfectly fine with 1 Wave a year...more and we'll start scrapping the barrel of ships a lot sooner (ie. X-Wing)

I don't necessarily want more waves, I want support for the most current ones. a FAQ answering half of the questions that have arisen would be a suitable compromise for this community.

1 minute ago, ricefrisbeetreats said:

While disappointing, I see this as an opportunity for people to get more creative with what we do have.  Why not test a new list and report it to the forums?  Why not collaborate on new rules for Corellian Conflict?  Make a new map?

There's a lot more to the game outside of new releases.

In my defense:

I don't get to play.

I run tournaments for people.  

And because I want to play, but can't, its not like my reporting on what I am doing is exactly riveting or anything... 

:)

Edited by Drasnighta

3 minutes ago, ricefrisbeetreats said:

That's no good.  We do the store kits, but otherwise it's pretty much been pick-up games and Corellian Conflicts.

Yep, and my gaming group has been basically coming along with even numbers the past few tournaments and fleet patrols.

Because of that, it'd be a real **** move to have a Bye.

So I sit and admin so there isn't one.

So being able to digest and talk about new releases?  That does excite me.

Edited by Drasnighta

14 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

So being able to digest and talk about new releases?  That does excite me.

Oh, I get it.  I'd love to see what that Mc75 does or what some of the Chimaera titles do.  I just think people tend to overlook the other aspects of the hobby.

In your case, it looks like someone needs to swap you places and run a tournament so you get to play once in awhile.

Very well informed people murmur about the rumor that the word "Armada" has been dropped merely once in the last two months in the FFG headquarters. There were two responses:

First: "Armada, hmm, Armada, was  this not an enormous Spanish fleet? Hmm, we could make a historical game about it?" 

Second: "Hmm, I don't know. Wouldn't it be better to rush even more X-Wing waves and postpone all other gaming material in order that not merely two X-Wing waves will be released till holidays, but that the total amount of X-Wing waves will be doubled till the end of the year."

The rumor tells us that the second motion was unanimously accepted... 

6 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Are we codependent? 

"Codependency is a type of dysfunctional helping relationship where one person supports or enables another person's drug addiction, alcoholism, gambling addiction, poor mental health, immaturity, irresponsibility, or under-achievement."

Yea but FFG is the dysfunctional party here.

Gambling with the release schedule.

Terrible X-Wing prack addiction.

Something "big is coming" really missed the mark for GenCon.

They made a bunch of phallic shaped ships in varying sizes.

They don't answer our emails anymore.

We just enable them with our money. 

16 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

Yea but FFG is the dysfunctional party here.

Gambling with the release schedule.

Terrible X-Wing prack addiction.

Something "big is coming" really missed the mark for GenCon.

They made a bunch of phallic shaped ships in varying sizes.

They don't answer our emails anymore.

We just enable them with our money. 

I was just going to ask who is the dependent here, since a case can be made either way.

I'm not really mad about One release this year and it still possible that it might surprise us in December.  But what frustrates me is the lack of support.

I feel like my Armada Community is healthy and well we have 8-10 players consistently show up to tournaments sometimes we have more.

While they're waiting for wave 7 to print it would be nice to have a bone thrown to us even if it's just a minor FAQ update I don't know just something to show us that they care.

2 hours ago, ndogg229 said:

I'm perfectly fine with 1 Wave a year...more and we'll start scrapping the barrel of ships a lot sooner (ie. X-Wing)

For me 1 wave a year feels too little to keep the game evolving at a pace I find enjoyable.

For me personally 2 waves, not necessarily big ones, plus something extra in firm of articles, scenarios etc would be ideal. 

1 minute ago, Green Knight said:

For me 1 wave a year feels too little to keep the game evolving at a pace I find enjoyable.

For me personally 2 waves, not necessarily big ones, plus something extra in firm of articles, scenarios etc would be ideal. 

I agree. I think a larger wave and a campaign pack a year would keep my happiness and wallet fairly well balanced. 

Overall I think the wave getting pushed back is just the focal point of frustration for me. I would like to see a fraction of the articles (either FFG or community based) that some of their other games receive. 

1 wave is a little low, but it's the full lack of any news and other content that really frustrates me. 

This game is perfect for scenarios and missions that FFG could release. The Take the Station mission was a lot of fun for our group. A global campaign like GW did with the last 40k edition would be amazing. It all doesn't have to be more ships. Just more ways to use them.