Green Knight

One year, one release

3 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

I know.

Its just...  I also know I'm going to give up being Positive before others give up being Negative, if that makes sense.

Its disappointing.

But it makes sense.

Which is equally disappointing.

Hello Dras - not sure how many times I've posted on this forum - not many!  I'm from sunny South Australia - just wanted to let you know when our club is having a game and need a rule clarified - first thing we do is look for a post from you on the subject.  Lots of respect for what you do for the forum and the game.  Your positive attitude does make a difference.. 

just sayin'

regards

DC

46 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

Its the human condition Dras. 

Greed, lust and envy are three of the seven sins. Yet no one is going to realise how needy they are being.

You logged out of the group message too soon. Missed me questioning Undeadguys inclusion as one of the big five. :)

hey, thats interesting. Who are the big 5?

Too bad I missed the voting ;)

1 hour ago, Green Knight said:

Britain, Germany, France, Russia, Austria-Hungary.

Come on! He was talking about the Armada community.

Obviously there are 5 pillars here:

1. The article prediction thread
  2. The VASSAL modul update thread
  3. The SSD thread
  4. The unofficial rules clarification and FAQ thread
  5. The innumerable Happy Friday postings

Everything else is special interest.

Green Knight, you really need to pay attention to context! :P

2 minutes ago, FoaS said:

Possibly so - I may actually start up a constructive "What would you like?" thread, if folks will be willing to keep it on track.

Depends how you phrase it. Unless you are a master it will quickly desolve into Executor, Venator, SSD... 

13 minutes ago, FoaS said:

Possibly so - I may actually start up a constructive "What would you like?" thread, if folks will be willing to keep it on track.

I can be quite civil. And it's not ships I want to see, but honest communication in the form of news about almost ANYTHING Armada. It doesn't have to be what ships they are working on, but a lot of the process FFG goes through in general. The developer's blog seems like a really cool idea.

6 hours ago, Green Knight said:

Britain, Germany, France, Russia, Austria-Hungary.

What is this, 1905? Clearly it's the United States, Britain, France, Russia, and Chin- wait, he said big 5, not P5. Ehhh, swap Russia for Germany depending on the day.

14 minutes ago, moodswing5537 said:

I can be quite civil. And it's not ships I want to see, but honest communication in the form of news about almost ANYTHING Armada. It doesn't have to be what ships they are working on, but a lot of the process FFG goes through in general. The developer's blog seems like a really cool idea.

And this

Edited by GiledPallaeon

15 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

Someone else will have to quote it, as I deleted it in abject fury and disgust.

You left too early to see everybody else dismiss it as horsesith, too (in their own ways).  Everybody in there agreed with you to a greater or lesser degree, before the conversation rapidly distilled out the important takeaway: self-congratulation for being troll-targets.  It's like being eligible to be assassinated instead of just murdered:  that's how you know you've really made it. /s

And no, I'm not posting it.  It was a bad troll.  What we don't need right now is unsubstantiated rumors like that on here.  It doesn't matter how you couch it, somebody will find a line in there and quote it as gospel, then it will grow and it'll be all we hear about and everybody will be running with this half-baked fearmongering, detracting from the legitimate concerns that are being raised.

21 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

It's like being eligible to be assassinated instead of just murdered:  that's how you know you've really made it.

Man, there's a part of me that wishes I was that cool. On the other hand, a large amount of the Batman mystique is built around the fact that a lot of criminals don't know if he really exists or not.

I guess what I'm saying is, "I AM the terror who flaps in the night."

4 hours ago, Ginkapo said:

Depends how you phrase it. Unless you are a master it will quickly desolve into Executor, Venator, SSD... 

4 hours ago, DiabloAzul said:

That'll be the day.

So far so good. Reminds me of the story of the guy who jumped off a ten story building. On every floor people kept hearing him say, as he went by, "so far so good"

6 hours ago, moodswing5537 said:

That's maybe predicated on an assumption that right now there's a process going on, to report ANYTHING about.

In my humble option, I suspect the full (or near enough full) creative potential of FFGs game designers is focused on Legion, and the two biggies in L5R - the rpg beta and the LCG. In order to pay for all that hard work, (which is going to reap huge rewards later) and keep the doors open in the meantime, there's a lot of effort also going into "making X-wing great again."

Looks like the creative minds at FFG are just spread very thin for now. 

Edit - It's funny, in a sad way, coming to this forum every time there's news about other games though. The pain is just so raw.

Edited by Jedirev