Green Knight

One year, one release

540 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

So 2017 was totally THE WORST year for Armada.

So few releases, so little in terms of communicating with the player base.

A big 'shame on you' to FFG for rotten support of my favorite game.

 

From such a pillar of the community such as you, GK....  ****-posting like this is more disappointing than the release schedule itself.

I am saddened :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, I haven't even gotten Wave 6 yet (hope to be able to play with them by December). Sure, the delay is more because of my specific position than availability, but the fact remains that I shall not be able to lay my hands on them until December. So count your blessings! At least you can get them and play with those waves that are released upon said release. 

Arttemis, Helias de Nappo and n815e like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Green Knight said:

So I should be silent and content?

Nah, better get it out of the system.

I totally agree, certainly better to get it out of the system.

 

Just that there are far more productive ways than dropping yet another post on the subject.  Especially one with a lame-**** "shame on you."

Your lack of creativity is what disappointed more more thananything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can relate GK, I'm sure whoever is in change of managing Armada is well aware of the frustrations, but instead of stepping up and communicating, they likely just don't know what they could say to make anything better.

 

But saying nothing is still worse than saying something...

If anything I'm looking forward to continue to refine my play, continue to learn, and get prepared for next year.

Edited by Karneck
Lobokai, Tirion, Skullfett and 2 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

From such a pillar of the community such as you, GK....  ****-posting like this is more disappointing than the release schedule itself.

I am saddened :(

After a certain point we have to be able to vent, and there's a certain logic to allowing the forum community as a whole work through these sorts of things together, since we are all experiencing them together. I am frustrated that Wave 7 is delayed, but if I'm being honest what's more annoying is the relative lack of support for the game. FFG is a large tent, with a dizzying array of franchises and games, and they have to keep up with all of them , even as they stand up FFI, Legion, whatever else they're hiding, etc. etc., but that's no excuse.

My question is this: why is FFG not out-sourcing this work? We have many prominent voices on the forum. Why not set up some sort of rotating op-ed schedule, similar to how periodically X-wing gets one of its greats to write something up. Let the community nominate the writers, and then all FFG has to do is edit and OK each article. It's not a huge jump from getting us to just write our own thoughts here, but it would at least get FFG involved in the cycle. And if there was a schedule, it would encourage more posting, similar to how the occasional article contests @BiggsIRL has run.

5 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Maybe, but wouldn't that be late March to early June?

Depends when 8 was shipped off from the playtesters to final production. There are those among us who know, but violating an NDA on FFG's own forums is its own particular brand of idiocy.

Edited by GiledPallaeon
Typing too fast, skipped a clause

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GiledPallaeon said:

Why not set up some sort of rotating op-ed schedule, similar to how periodically X-wing gets one of its greats to write something up. Let the community nominate the writers, and then all FFG has to do is edit and OK each article. It's not a huge jump from getting us to just write our own thoughts here, but it would at least get FFG involved in the cycle. And if there was a schedule, it would encourage more posting, similar to how the occasional article contests @BiggsIRL has run.

Really like this idea.  It would give us what we want and be low maintenance for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I think X-Wing releases came too fast and (in my opinion) ruined the game, I do think the opposite problem is going on for us Armada players.

This is obviously not entirely FFG's fault, but our local community has gone from 14 players during the CC campaign to our current average league attendance of 3. The game is all but dead here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've had seven articles this year. Seven. For comparison, X-wing has had seven articles since our last one. One of those was announcing the tourney regs update that basically amounted to "also you can't mark command dials."

It's been four months--120 days--since Wave 6 released, and there's been zero FAQ support. It's been months since I even saw a rules email answer posted, and I know there are several pending. Both of the admirals from the last wave have outstanding questions on their basic functionality, FFS!

FFG's strategy for supporting their second-best-selling miniatures game has been to entirely ignore it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My biggest (and to this day, un-rectified) concern with FFG is their lack of communication with the community. I remember seeing FFG_Josh a few times in the forums....watching...and I hear tales of someone responding to direct e-mails but I have not been a party to this, so I credit these stories to Myth.

I am not talking about hand-holding folks that buy their product. I'm talking about complete and udder radio silence about Anything and Everything. And sympathizers here in the forums can bring up "reduced number of employees tasked with direct communications..." yadda yadda, but my answer to this is hire 1 more person. Just one more. make this their sole purpose. At least foster some sort of relationship with the folks paying your salaries. 

 

(BTW, dropping IA completely would pay for this person and then some. Legion proves that FFG doesn't care about IA anyway  <-- pure opinion)

Edited by moodswing5537

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, moodswing5537 said:

My biggest (and to this day, un-rectified) concern with FFG is their lack of communication with the community. I remember seeing FFG_Josh a few times in the forums....watching...and I hear tales of someone responding to direct e-mails but I have not been a party to this, so I credit these stories to Myth.

I am not talking about hand-holding folks that buy their product. I'm talking about complete and udder radio silence about Anything and Everything. And sympathizers here in the forums can bring up "reduced number of employees tasked with direct communications..." yadda yadda, but my answer to this is hire 1 more person. Just one more. make this their sole purpose. At least foster some sort of relationship with the folks paying your salaries. 

Its not like some of us havn't volunteered to do it for free.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Karneck said:

Per Giled, wave 8 confirmed. Expect full articles before wave 7 article's. 

In the interest of clarity, I am assuming Wave 8 exists, but given how much money Armada makes, I would imagine FFG is reluctant to kill it here. This of course makes no sense in the light of their unwillingness to do anything else, but who's counting? Details, details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have noticed as I have only gotten back into the system (mainly thanks to life problems) and back on the Forums and I have noticed that FFG do not seam to give Armada the same Love as say Xwing but I am wondering if their is an actual reason for this like say writer problems or production problems possibly ? 

I mean at least we do get articles that are good, I used to play 40k and the new edition of that was pretty bad and the way that GW handled everything from articles to how they are doing their releases is worst than that of FFG (and also is why I got heavily back into Armada as one I can get a game of it and Two the system is well written and ruled)  and thats why I think the delay could just be print error, writer error or product error. Mind you I am still hopeful that we see the new wave by the end of the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, GiledPallaeon said:

Depends when 8 was shipped off from the playtesters to final production. There are those among us who know, but violating an NDA on FFG's own forums is its own particular brand of idiocy.

31 minutes ago, Megatronrex said:

Who the h*** knows? H*** FFG may consider March to June early next year.

I meant with reference to previous releases. Didn't Wave 3 release in March, and Wave 6 in June? That gives a time frame, does it not? March is the earliest we got a wave in any given year, and June is the latest for the first wave of the year (assuming there were multiple).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

I meant with reference to previous releases. Didn't Wave 3 release in March, and Wave 6 in June? That gives a time frame, does it not? March is the earliest we got a wave in any given year, and June is the latest for the first wave of the year (assuming there were multiple).

 

I'm not sure how FFG chooses release dates but I'm betting it involves a blindfold and darts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Democratus said:

Better one good wave a year than rushed product (glances askance at WizKids).

Yeah, but was Wave 6 really that good? Hammerheads and Quasar are both hard to use and don't fit everybody's play style. I know... IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now