Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
InquisitorM

Spoiler: Censure. Worst card so far?

Recommended Posts

Image may contain: 1 person, text

 

Facebook thread lit up pretty quickly. To me, this is a net negative for the game. The only thing that ought to be censored is this card.

 

A good idea with awful execution. The playtesters much have been frothing about this. For Fukurokujin's sake, please print a promo errata ASAP!

 

Discuss.

Edited by InquisitorM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like the design of the card, but it doesn't break anything. Reactive cards are extremly efficient: Voice of Honor, Forged Edict, Let Go, Calling in Favors, Noble Sacrifice, Karada District etc. and Censure doesn't seem stronger than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now crane, and scorpion to a lesser extent, can overuse cancel cards by having nine total. I say scorpion to a lesser extent as they are less likely to have more honored characters in general.

Edited by Chupacabra52

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Matrim said:

what's not to like? It has great art, provides neutral cancel and makes players focus more on the favour.

why would crane want to run 9 event interrupts? Are you trying to make them easier to beat?

I wasn't saying they should, just that they can. But, since events usually make up a good chunk of conflict decks and often decide conflict resolution, at least in my local area, I can see reasons to run a bunch. A control deck may want access to a bunch of cancels. I may add a pair of censure into my scorpion deck I am brewing. Time will tell how much room to spare I will have in my conflict deck by the time the Imperial cycle is fully released

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it. Might go well with my Phoenix. Besides of "cancel event targeting your shugenja" we don't have much access to cancellation effects and this comes from a dynasty character who has to be in play, so my opponent not only knows its there but can easily play around it. And since the Imperial Favor is always a good option for us with the whole "boost a character's glory to get it"-routine (thx stronghold), this card becomes even more interesting. I can already see that my deck from today will look significantly different around the holidays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Chupacabra52 said:

Now crane, and scorpion to a lesser extent, can overuse cancel cards by having nine total. I say scorpion to a lesser extent as they are less likely to have more honored characters in general.

I mean, if you have 9, is that too many?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Chupacabra52 said:

I wasn't saying they should, just that they can. But, since events usually make up a good chunk of conflict decks and often decide conflict resolution, at least in my local area, I can see reasons to run a bunch. A control deck may want access to a bunch of cancels. I may add a pair of censure into my scorpion deck I am brewing. Time will tell how much room to spare I will have in my conflict deck by the time the Imperial cycle is fully released

I am not seeing this. Crane/Scorpion decks don't play more than 5 cancels, because event cancels can lead to very awkward hands, especially against Dragon. I don't think that Scorpion is very hot on Censure, because they are atm not particullary good at winning the favor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, maniacmcgoo said:

So, it's an cancel card that requires the favor to use.... why the outrage?

 

Only people I could think of who may have an issue with it are crane/scorpion players who don't want other clans to be able to cancel events also.

I'm gonna bet that old gem "NPE" shows up here sooner rather than later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tetsuro said:

I'm gonna bet that old gem "NPE" shows up here sooner rather than later.

Oh, it already did. Just take a look at the threads on Backhanded Compliment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...