power500500

Tomorrow is the day!

So on Amazon it’s gone from March 2018 to Nov 12, 2017 to now Nov 9, 2017. Does this zeroing in carry any weight, do you think? If so then the game comes out tomorrow. Wouldn’t that be amazing!? I won’t get my hopes up but at the same time my hopes are soaring for even a release in the next week or so.

I'd be surprised if it was tomorrow.  FFG usually does more promotion leading up to a release.  A couple articles about various gameplay elements.  The differences in the characters.  How combat works, etc.

We've had 1 general overview article.

I'm not saying it isn't tomorrow, but it would be unusual for FFG to release a game without driving up the hype for a couple weeks ahead of time.  Take Star Wars Rebellion.  Between the announcement 11/3/15 and the release 3/31/16 there were 12 articles about the game including a rules release 10 days before the game released.  If Fallout did release tomorrow, I'd be a little concerned as to what that lack of updates means for the game.

Beyond all that, the most recent reports I'm hearing from the latest convention are stating that the versions being demoed are still pre-production versions.  If the release was tomorrow, they certainly could have had some post production versions available to demo last week.

Edited by kmanweiss

1 hour ago, kmanweiss said:

I'd be surprised if it was tomorrow.  FFG usually does more promotion leading up to a release.  A couple articles about various gameplay elements.  The differences in the characters.  How combat works, etc.

We've had 1 general overview article.

I'm not saying it isn't tomorrow, but it would be unusual for FFG to release a game without driving up the hype for a couple weeks ahead of time.  Take Star Wars Rebellion.  Between the announcement 11/3/15 and the release 3/31/16 there were 12 articles about the game including a rules release 10 days before the game released.  If Fallout did release tomorrow, I'd be a little concerned as to what that lack of updates means for the game.

Beyond all that, the most recent reports I'm hearing from the latest convention are stating that the versions being demoed are still pre-production versions.  If the release was tomorrow, they certainly could have had some post production versions available to demo last week.

But they also have the status as “on the boat” so i doubt they’re still in PRE-production :P I’ll agree that we’d usually hear a good bit more about the product at this point but I have seen FFG do a surprise release too. I would LOVE for it to be tomorrow but I’ll settle for any day this month.

2 hours ago, power500500 said:

But they also have the status as “on the boat” so i doubt they’re still in PRE-production :P I’ll agree that we’d usually hear a good bit more about the product at this point but I have seen FFG do a surprise release too. I would LOVE for it to be tomorrow but I’ll settle for any day this month.

Any idea when it was put 'on the boat'?  We know that the boat is 4-6 weeks usually.  The other problems at play is the fact that they aren't always great at updating that page.  Armada wave 7 status is different, and has been for more than a week between various language versions of the page.

FFG has done surprise releases before, but they'd usually be promoting the heck out of a game like this prior to release.  Or at the very least giving us the PDF of the rules.

1 hour ago, kmanweiss said:

Any idea when it was put 'on the boat'?  We know that the boat is 4-6 weeks usually.  The other problems at play is the fact that they aren't always great at updating that page.  Armada wave 7 status is different, and has been for more than a week between various language versions of the page.

FFG has done surprise releases before, but they'd usually be promoting the heck out of a game like this prior to release.  Or at the very least giving us the PDF of the rules.

It was a month ago when it went “on the boat”. I’d say we’re getting pretty darn close to time.

7 hours ago, power500500 said:

All of these adjustments must mean SOMETHING!

Yes = retailers have no clue. :D
I have also asked my local store when i can expect this or that FFG products (eg. Hour of the Huntress novels) and they are always saying: "It's FFG, you can never really know when they will start distributing their products :P".

In a recent FB post even they (aka FFG) have admitted this fact. Quote #1: "[...] the truth of the matter is that every game’s story from production to play is different, and release dates can vary for any number of reasons!"
They also hinted - Quote #2: "[...] we’re shooting to get both of these games [Fallout & Civilization] out into the world within the next six weeks or so, barring any unexpected challenges."

Based on these there is no chance that the game will hit the market even on the 11th of Nov.

15 hours ago, Aldus said:

Yes = retailers have no clue. :D
I have also asked my local store when i can expect this or that FFG products (eg. Hour of the Huntress novels) and they are always saying: "It's FFG, you can never really know when they will start distributing their products :P".

In a recent FB post even they (aka FFG) have admitted this fact. Quote #1: "[...] the truth of the matter is that every game’s story from production to play is different, and release dates can vary for any number of reasons!"
They also hinted - Quote #2: "[...] we’re shooting to get both of these games [Fallout & Civilization] out into the world within the next six weeks or so, barring any unexpected challenges."

Based on these there is no chance that the game will hit the market even on the 11th of Nov.

Well they must have a clue. I’m not saying it’s accurate but for them to move it from March 2018 to Nov 11 to Nov 9 then back to Nov 11 means that they certainly have SOME reason for changing those dates. They don’t just decide to change them Willy nilly. As far as the quotes, the second one is a good indication. First off they aren’t going to release both Fallout and Civ in the same week, probably not even two weeks apart. Take this and we know that CIV is releasing AFTER Fallout. Given the time the quote was stated, the fact that both will by released by the six week mark, Civ is after FO, and FO will be released a couple of weeks separated from Civ then we are certain in the days of the Atom! All of that said, none of us really know so ultimately we’ll just have to wait and see.

Just chill. It'll come out when it comes out. Sure it'd be fun if it happens sooner rather than later but cut FFG some slack. There's a lot of stuff that has to happen for the game(s) to ship and any one of those things can go awry or even fubar. The trailer hauling the shipping container might get stolen or happen into an accident; a fire might break out at a distribution terminal; a train hauling said container could potentially derail.

I'm sure the good people at FFG is doing everything they can to get games into our hands. After all if we don't have games to buy, who will pay their salaries? But sometimes it's simply Force Majeure in play...

7 hours ago, Fnoffen said:

Just chill. It'll come out when it comes out. Sure it'd be fun if it happens sooner rather than later but cut FFG some slack. There's a lot of stuff that has to happen for the game(s) to ship and any one of those things can go awry or even fubar. The trailer hauling the shipping container might get stolen or happen into an accident; a fire might break out at a distribution terminal; a train hauling said container could potentially derail.

I'm sure the good people at FFG is doing everything they can to get games into our hands. After all if we don't have games to buy, who will pay their salaries? But sometimes it's simply Force Majeure in play...

Hahaha, I’m chill, my friend. You’re talking about the transport being stolen, burned, trains derailing in glorious destruction. Sheesh :P I’ll say what I’ve said before, none of us know when it’ll release and we’ll all just have to wait.

On 10/11/2017 at 5:27 PM, Fnoffen said:

That may be true but with Legion missing the Christmas rush and now Armada wave 7 as well, they need to pull their finger out and get some product delivered otherwise they'll miss the busiest time if the year.

I am eager for this game's status to change from "on the boat" to "shipping godammit".

In other news, I am wondering how many similar mechanics to other great FFG games this game will have? There are always a few.

my local store has this to be sold end of December, I'm pretty sure it won't be available for a month at least :( (of course it could change but they have been pretty accurate with other releases, getting the dates from their suppliers). 

Edited by Juan4aigle