K13R4N

Why didnt miranda get nerfed?

With the recent FAQ most of the ship's considered to be in the "META" got nerfed, whether it's as big as JM5K or just a little thing, my question is why didn't Miranda get hit with the baseball bat? Now it seems as though Mirandas ducked and dived and is the only one standing and is going to rain down terror whilst people start trying new lists. Did FFG just forgot about her?

The Czech/Slovakia Nationals Top 8 lists (not in particular order):

PTL Fenn + VI Ketsu + Sunny
4x Azutick with commands 
Han Miranda
Dash miranda
Asajj 4-Lom Kato stress control 
RAC Quickdraw 
Miranda Lowhrik HWK PS2
Miranda Rey

I believe the Czech/Slovakia played with the latest FAQ. See something that appears 50% of the time?

In my experience, Miranda without action bombs is actually not very good against Autothruster aces.  Previously, she occupied this amazing position of having powerful tools against pilots both lower and higher PS than her.  Now her skills are definitely focused toward lower PS pilots.  I'd say if she's still making huge impact, it's because people aren't bringing the Autothrusters aces (even just one).  Soontir Fel loves seeing that Bomblet Miranda.

5 minutes ago, Stay On The Leader said:

Correlation is sometimes causation after all.

She has a very balanced but flexible ability. her Regen is tied to being in range to shoot and shoot weaker. It was the Bomb part of her that was broken, not the shooty part. Against other Turret weapons and stuff that keeps her in arc (difficult but feasible now with lower bomb threat), she does not trade very well usually.

Edited by ForceM

Give it time to sort out the new meta.  Miranda wasn't destroyed by the nerf, and she was already well represented.  Therefore, the nerf she did undergo will not force her out of the meta, but will actually make her show up more to begin with.  Afterall, her core mechanic is still intact.  But as things settle out, you won't see her dominating.  She'll still be represented though as the only K wing worth flying anymore.

2 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

In my experience, Miranda without action bombs is actually not very good against Autothruster aces.  Previously, she occupied this amazing position of having powerful tools against pilots both lower and higher PS than her.  Now her skills are definitely focused toward lower PS pilots.  I'd say if she's still making huge impact, it's because people aren't bringing the Autothrusters aces (even just one).  Soontir Fel loves seeing that Bomblet Miranda.

You said it better than i could have, kudos for that!

Just now, thespaceinvader said:

Eh, she can take action bombs if she wants to with EI.

And she has powerful tools against AT aces with LRS and harpoons.

Stressed Miranda is in really bad shape against a lot of squads.  I think an evenly skilled opponent can make Miranda trade herself for that ace.  A bad trade for Miranda.  

LRS and harpoon can do damage, but there's a ton of counterplay.

3 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

Yeah, what he said.  I run a lot of Miranda in a local meta which never really saw autothruster aces leave.  She hits those things like a wet noodle.  I've been pairing her with Rey and they can't even take down lower PS autothruster Starvipers reliably.

18 minutes ago, Dengars Toilet Paper said:

The Czech/Slovakia Nationals Top 8 lists (not in particular order):

PTL Fenn + VI Ketsu + Sunny
4x Azutick with commands 
Han Miranda
Dash miranda
Asajj 4-Lom Kato stress control 
RAC Quickdraw 
Miranda Lowhrik HWK PS2
Miranda Rey

I believe the Czech/Slovakia played with the latest FAQ. See something that appears 50% of the time?

I see 11 turrets, 5 of them TLTs. I guess that is 50% of all ships with a turret? ;-)

Edited by SEApocalypse

4 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Eh, she can take action bombs if she wants to with EI.

And she has powerful tools against AT aces with LRS and harpoons.

Well actually she has to hit them with the Harps, which is implying she has them in Arc. Being in Mirandas arc is already a fail if you are playing AT aces, and getting hit is not exactly guaranteed.

At that point a lot of other missiles would probably do the same job as they could outright destroy AT aces IF you hit them already.

3 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

Stressed Miranda is in really bad shape against a lot of squads.  I think an evenly skilled opponent can make Miranda trade herself for that ace.  A bad trade for Miranda.  

LRS and harpoon can do damage, but there's a ton of counterplay.

Which is great, because before that counterplay didn't really exist.  I don't mind strong ships with the ability to be counter played fairly reliably, I mind strong ships that are basically able to do whatever they like.

Miranda historically fitted the latter category.  I hope that's changed now, but I have my doubts.

Just now, ForceM said:

Well actually she has to hit them with the Harps, which is implying she has them in Arc. Being in Mirandas arc is already a fail if you are playing AT aces, and getting hit is not exactly guaranteed.

At that point a lot of other missiles would probably do the same job as they could outright destroy AT aces IF you hit them already.

Not really.  She just has to hit somethign nearby, and then crit it or have it die near them.

Homing is actually better against aces specifically.  There are still a few that like their evade tokens.

I guess I was just expecting a bit more of nerf. But come on Force "Just because you get tired to see something does not mean it's too powerful." When a ships is in 4 of the top 8 it's more then me just getting tired of Miranda, Maybe im a bit salty cos i am a scum player and JM5K was like

Image result for gif count dooku head cut off

7 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

Soontir Fel loves seeing that Bomblet Miranda.

I don't think that's necessarily true. 

I think that that particular 1 on 1 goes to time in most tournament matches, and since there's precious little else on the Imperial roster that enjoys seeing TLTs, it'll come down to a contest of points killed.

Just now, Sparklelord said:

I don't think that's necessarily true. 

I think that that particular 1 on 1 goes to time in most tournament matches, and since there's precious little else on the Imperial roster that enjoys seeing TLTs, it'll come down to a contest of points killed.

Yup.  Fel versus Miranda is a match Fel should lose about 90% of the time, because Miranda can either regen any damage he;s done or SLAM to a place he can't shoot her most of the time, whereas his green dice will fail him eventually, and bomblets will catch him eventually, and unlike her, his hit points are limited and final...