Warenhari

Healing injury from Critical Strike

Situation.

You get hit with Critical Strike from Finishing Blow in a duel, when your wounds/fatigue are still untouched.
You get let's say Crit 10 - Unconscious, Bleeding and some serious disadvantage like Damage Organ.
You fall down, the duel is over. But just after someone stops bleeding with simple action - few minutes - and you wake up - Medicine/Fire action or few hours - you are up and running except permanent disadvantage.

There is no healing/convalescence time needed by rules?
Time only heals wound/fatigue points, but as you got none, you are just good to go.

Am I reading the rules right? Did I missed something?

Regards

Warenhari

The Injured condition (see p 171) notes this:

Removed When: Any character at range 0–1 of a character with the Injured Body Part condition may make a TN 4 Medicine (Water) check as a downtime activity to remove the Injured Body Part condition. This check can be attempted once per injury per week. 

So, NPC healer is likely a shugenja. We'll use the one NPC shugenja provided, no adjustment template, from , just for giggles. He's rolling 2+3k2 or 3+3k3... expected results of 2 or 3 successes. there should be 1 Explosive in there, so a 55% chance or so of getting one more. If it's a void, you're SOL, as he's unlikely to cure it. If it's any other ring, well,if he fails to cure it, it's there for at least a week. 

If it's maimed, well, that's another story altogether. Maimed is permanent. Per-Ma-nent. STBY.

It's fine and sounds like I go it right. Thanks for confirmation.

One thing that surprised me was a fact, that when you get your *** kicked in heat of skirmish battle, getting incapacitated from wound/fatigue going pass your resilience, you need few days of rest before you are back up and running - if you get like 15 fatigue with resistance 10, you need two night of rest or a day and good aid to be able do something meaningful - you are Incapacitated until you get your fatigue lower or equal your resistance, and it heals Water x 2 per night.
But if you get a sword in your belly with fast critical strike, you are down instantly (Unconscious as en effect of Crit.), but up for another fight as soon as someone revives you with quick Medicine (Fire) or just after few hours by yourself - if felt surprisingly fast - of course you have to deal with that permanent disadvantage, but it's not really in-combat crippling, and there is no difference, whatever you got hit yesterday or a year ago.

I was wondering if it's By-Design or I missed some rules, or maybe some rules are missing, that should be here.

BTW strange thing - Injured Body part is more crippling here-and-now, being lesser result (5-7), than Damaged Organ disadvantage being higher result (10-11) - Increased TN eats you 2 successes always. Reroll eats 'em only half of the time, as you may roll success or even explosive one again.

Injured Torso (Earth): The character struggles to remain active for long periods of time. Increase the TN of Trade (Earth) checks and Martial (Earth) checks by 2.

Damaged Heart or Organ (Earth), Effects:(...) When you make a check to undertake strenuous activity over a long period of time (such as a Fitness [Earth] check to march for a long time or a Smithing [Earth] check to hammer plates back onto a damaged piece of armor), you must choose and reroll 2 dice showing  or  results. After resolving the check, if you failed, you regain 1 Void point.

Maybe getting hit with Maiming Blow was meant to give you both Injured Torso for now and Disadvantage for later? I know it's not as written, but maybe that was an idea?

9 minutes ago, Warenhari said:

I was wondering if it's By-Design or I missed some rules, or maybe some rules are missing, that should be here.

BTW strange thing - Injured Body part is more crippling here-and-now, being lesser result (5-7), than Damaged Organ disadvantage being higher result (10-11) - Increased TN eats you 2 successes always. Reroll eats 'em only half of the time, as you may roll success or even explosive one again.

Maybe getting hit with Maiming Blow was meant to give you both Injured Torso for now and Disadvantage for later? I know it's not as written, but maybe that was an idea?

Note that most of the time, maiming blow follows an injury, except in duel.