devin.pike.1989

How are you painting your T-47s?

That's a nice find! And no one can complain if they didn't like the color because Disney said it was ok :D

I figured at least one would be Gray/Red. Trying to decide on a different color scheme for the other one though. I like blue, I'm just not sure what I'd pair it with (and am open to suggestions). Gray would make it look more in line with the usual but it's fun to mix things up sometimes.

I thought this was really interesting in regards to the sandspeeder T-47. Never knew Kenner had one planned:

The Sandspeeder was planned to be implemented into Kenner's The Epic Continues storyline, but the line had been cancelled. It was included in a binder containing several images of planned toys within The Epic Continues, some of which later appeared in the article Tales of Phantom Toys in Star Wars Galaxy Magazine. It eventually appeared in canon with the Special Saga Edition of the Customizable Card Game, as one of the light-side cards.

T-47 Sandspeeder.jpg

13 hours ago, The Black Man said:

I thought this was really interesting in regards to the sandspeeder T-47. Never knew Kenner had one planned:

The Sandspeeder was planned to be implemented into Kenner's The Epic Continues storyline, but the line had been cancelled. It was included in a binder containing several images of planned toys within The Epic Continues, some of which later appeared in the article Tales of Phantom Toys in Star Wars Galaxy Magazine. It eventually appeared in canon with the Special Saga Edition of the Customizable Card Game, as one of the light-side cards.

T-47 Sandspeeder.jpg

I’ve been a SW collector/trader for 20+ years and never come across this for the vintage line. Thank you for enlightening me.

This would be great to see on the battlefield.

I'm confused.  I've gone through my entire Imperial Assets Requisition Log, but can't find a reference to a "T-47" anywhere.  Are you sure you didn't get the designation wrong?  I did a comprehensive data search for "T-47" and the only reference I could find was in some old targeting routines in a recovered AT-ST data core.  That can't be right.  Nobody would willingly fly a rebel vehicle.

On 08/11/2017 at 6:21 PM, KrisWall said:

I'm confused.  I've gone through my entire Imperial Assets Requisition Log, but can't find a reference to a "T-47" anywhere.  Are you sure you didn't get the designation wrong?  I did a comprehensive data search for "T-47" and the only reference I could find was in some old targeting routines in a recovered AT-ST data core.  That can't be right.  Nobody would willingly fly a rebel vehicle.

They’re what we use for target practice 

On 11/7/2017 at 3:57 PM, The Black Man said:

T-47 Sandspeeder.jpg

On 11/8/2017 at 5:26 AM, Omegaclone said:

I’ve been a SW collector/trader for 20+ years and never come across this for the vintage line. Thank you for enlightening me.

This would be great to see on the battlefield.

Kenner had an entire line of what they considered "just off screen" vehicles and characters. You could say they created the first EU. They even conceptualized and designed a Clone Wars toy line way before Lucas decided to bring the Prequels to life.

Edited by C3POFETT

Lego made a Sandspeeder set a short while ago. It looks somewhat similar to the Kenner one.

[Removed Image]

Colour scheme looks a bit more realistic than the Bright Orange of Kenner tho, so it might be the better painting choice.

Someone who knows how to use greenstuff could probably add the fins to theirs as well.

EDIT: I did a stupid and didn't look at the original post. Please ignore.

Edited by Indy_com

Interestingly I painted mine similar to your inspiration, I am creating a desert theme for my Terrain so wanted a logical scheme, spending hours painting a sunset 360 degrees in all the windows of the mini is entirely optional.

28949859058_65e6f3ae99_h.jpgStar Wars Legion - T-47 Airspeeder 

Edited by Digimortal