Jump to content
Celestial Lizards

Kimogila: DoA?

Recommended Posts

To answer the orginal question, no I don't think it'll be DOA.  competitively You might run one in a list max. I could easily you running one with the title + Guri and Palob for easily stealing "Muh agency".  The biggest problem I see here is potentially another Ps 10 monster that locks out most aces. 

Denying actions is huge, not only at range 1 from bumping, but from range 3. Unless It's dial is utter garbage I can't see this not making a splash at least at regional level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pricing on the ps5 strongly influences my opinion of it. The ps3 with no EPT is 22, and Dalan with ps7 and an EPT is 25. That leaves 23 or 24. For some reason, I’m completely in at 23 and not sold at 24. I haven’t done any listbuilding yet, but that seems like a break point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, AEIllingworth said:

Pricing on the ps5 strongly influences my opinion of it. The ps3 with no EPT is 22, and Dalan with ps7 and an EPT is 25. That leaves 23 or 24. For some reason, I’m completely in at 23 and not sold at 24. I haven’t done any listbuilding yet, but that seems like a break point. 

So you'd like a 2 point PS increase and an EPT for 1 extra point, and you would think that is okay? 

It is a scum ship, so it might just happen, but it's still fascinating to see how out of touch some people are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RufusDaMan said:

So you'd like a 2 point PS increase and an EPT for 1 extra point, and you would think that is okay? 

It is a scum ship, so it might just happen, but it's still fascinating to see how out of touch some people are. 

The other option is a 1 point increase for two ps and a pilot ability. It is scum pricing either way, but I’d like to see it benefitting generic pilots. 

 

Its amazing to me how salty some people are. 

Edited by AEIllingworth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My two cents, Kimo absolutely will have 3 turns. I'm not sure if these turns will be white (most likely), green (possible, I'll explain in a bit why) or even red, which is unlikely for two reasons.

 

Reason for WHITE, balance. Gives reason to take unhinged but also not an absolute necessity, although probably almost always taken.

 

Reasons for GREEN, this would make the Caligula/Kimo/Gila monster a much more approachable ship. Now we don't need to use unhinged we can look at many of the overlooked salvaged astromechs. This is my favourite option outcome.

Or RED. So it could have ALL green straights and banks. With red turns. That's balanced I think. Also it makes unhinged still an option rather than a stapled on card. However I don't see it having that many greens with the option to have green three turns as that likely. And of course the main reason is that it's not mentioned as having red 3 speed turns in the article when it does mention red 1 and 2 speed turns.

 

TL-DR

Kimo probably has white 3 turns, here's to hoping it has green ones or lots of green straights and banks so unhinged astromech isn't an auto add.

Edited by Scum4Life
Spelling mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, NakedDex said:

Isn't the Enforcer title unique, though?

Yes.

Not sure about ketsu, but as i've said elsewhere title asajj + enforcer gilla + another stresshog or pocket ace may be a thing if large bases keep dominating.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People dismiss this ship quickly, bit I believe it will actually be a terror for dengar and nym. If you have the ps10 version with a bid, you can dodge bombs and wreck dèngar with the bullseye. He'll get a return shot, but he'll be stressed the and lose expertise for the second one...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually don't like the attitude of the thread title. I would have preferred something like "kimogila - thoughts?" than implicitly stating that this ship is not worth it. Yes I see that question mark but it's a very suggestive question. 

Btt: I don't like the 1 agility of this chassis, but it plays into the feeling of a hard hitting heavy fighter. With the reload, I think this is what they intended for this ship. 

I really hope that it has a 3 turn maneuver, so more like an arc or y dial than a b dial please. Don't care for the colors of the 3s, since unhinged will save the day. Apart from that, we have the new illicit that will make your red turns worth it (once...) 

I really like the bullseye firing arc a lot. Following the arguments about arcs not being a factor due to turrets and bombs, this is just what was needed - something that makes arcs matter. 

I wonder if we will see upgrade cards that will provide the reload action or the bullseye arc for other ships as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, flooze said:

I actually don't like the attitude of the thread title. I would have preferred something like "kimogila - thoughts?" than implicitly stating that this ship is not worth it. Yes I see that question mark but it's a very suggestive question. 

Sorry, but it makes for good discussion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ralgon said:

Yes.

Not sure about ketsu, but as i've said elsewhere title asajj + enforcer gilla + another stresshog or pocket ace may be a thing if large bases keep dominating.......

Asajj + Enforcer title Gilla + Vicktor Hel? ......off to the list builder....

 

... only 26 pt leftover if it's PTL Asajj (no title) and Vicktor Hel kitted out to protect/regain his Stealth device (Engine/AT/Crane). So unfortunately might not work out. 

Edited by RStan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, spacelion said:

As long as there is BBBBZ there wil be KKKKZ

Slightly off topic, however, it is important.  We may need to come up I think a different single  letter abbreviations. 'K' is used for the kihraxz. 

Maybe 'G' since some people are calling it Gila monster. Or change the Kihraxz to 'V' since it will only be run with the Vaksia title. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ridge363 said:

Slightly off topic, however, it is important.  We may need to come up I think a different single  letter abbreviations. 'K' is used for the kihraxz. 

Maybe 'G' since some people are calling it Gila monster. Or change the Kihraxz to 'V' since it will only be run with the Vaksia title. 

We almost need a full blown NATO reporting name system at this point. K-Wings, Kihraxz, Kimogila... they could even add the Krayt Gunship (Would basically be the Kimogila pushed up to large base for those who don't know). 

Anything use M? The model for the Kimogila starts M12-L. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ebak said:

The last time I saw the community call a ship DOA, it was the TIE/SF and that worked out spectacularly well as a prediction didn't it? :P

The TIE/sf isn't great without LWF though, barring a few corner cases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LordBlades said:

The TIE/sf isn't great without LWF though, barring a few corner cases.

I don't know. I've seen more SFs without LWF than I have with them. Guidance Chips and Missiles are pretty potent on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back on the topic. There have been flops in the past. The u-wing for example just never found its place. It's priced OK, descent stats, and can do a 180 pivot. None of that worked in its favor, and it ended up underwhelming. 

The Kimogila looks far from underwhelming. Reload action and and bullseye firing arch look promising.  However, that is no guarantee. 

Once it hits the tables, people will figure out its place in the game. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ridge363 said:

Back on the topic. There have been flops in the past. The u-wing for example just never found its place. It's priced OK, descent stats, and can do a 180 pivot. None of that worked in its favor, and it ended up underwhelming. 

The Kimogila looks far from underwhelming. Reload action and and bullseye firing arch look promising.  However, that is no guarantee. 

Once it hits the tables, people will figure out its place in the game. 

 

reload isn't a big plus on this thing. I was pointing out how strong this might be before the shenanigans the gunboat got to deal with the wep disabled tokens and was soundly shouted down for it being mediocre damage without other tricks (feedback array is it's only tool for this currently without action economy). Quinn Jast never making much of himself is already an indicator. 

Bullseye is in the same boat vs small bases unless they are swarmed. it's going to take a really good knowledge of your final positions and probably out ps opponents to get this to line up if they have any sort of reposition. It's already been demonstrated that if you bank and just miss with the bullseye a br ain't going to help. Vi or ptl/EU Dalan with ordance of choice could be nasty, but with red 1 and 2 turns i doubt it's going to dominate tables for long.

 

I wouldn't call  it DOA, merely mid pack yet, gunboat is still the standout of this wave unless that 0 pnt mech or scrambler missiles are broken good

 

Edited by Ralgon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ridge363 said:

Back on the topic. There have been flops in the past. The u-wing for example just never found its place. It's priced OK, descent stats, and can do a 180 pivot. None of that worked in its favor, and it ended up underwhelming. 

The Kimogila looks far from underwhelming. Reload action and and bullseye firing arch look promising.  However, that is no guarantee. 

Once it hits the tables, people will figure out its place in the game. 

 

Its place is very easy to determine

It's harpoon missiles

Like the SCURRG, minus the boba, minus the health, but cheaper, at ps 5 and with a bullseye that'll make focused large ships sad 

Not even because of reload (which just isn't great by itself), just because it's a cheaper deadeye platform

Edited by ficklegreendice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2017 at 7:54 AM, Celestial Lizards said:

Why does the Gila Monster come with an extra shield and Weapons Disabled? 

Reload action for the weapons disabled. Maybe the droid is a "Discard this upgrade to recover a shield"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...