Jump to content
MonCal

Why mandalorian ships named after tatooine beasts?

Recommended Posts

Tatooine is known for having some pretty ferocious beasts. Like the Kryat dragon and... I guess thats pretty much it. Still there is a fighter named after the Drexl, and I'm pretty sure that one isn't built on Dxun or Onderon, because both if those places are hellholes that nobody should try to live on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darth Revenant said:

Tatooine is known for having some pretty ferocious beasts. Like the Kryat dragon and... I guess thats pretty much it. Still there is a fighter named after the Drexl, and I'm pretty sure that one isn't built on Dxun or Onderon, because both if those places are hellholes that nobody should try to live on.

I'm more than a little concerned the Starviper fighters might be named after a specific species. As if exogorths weren't enough of a nightmare...

Edited by Degenerate Mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr Lucky said:

Some animals are just cool and intimidating, no matter where they are from. How many sports teams in the US are named after tigers? It's not like there are tigers around here - but they are good inspiration regardless of the geography involved.

There are literally a million other planets. Are telling me that of all those planets, krayt dragons are the best option?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yaccarus said:

There are literally a million other planets. Are telling me that of all those planets, krayt dragons are the best option?

If you want to sell to Jabba? Pretty much. And actually, do you remember the Krayt dragon illustration from Keeping the Peace? Those are some real fearsome beast, they would be the alpha predators on Onderon and Dxun. And those are galaxy wide legendary for being ****-holes :P

07c78b39aca7bbca9aad55340ea6b8a4d2ee7d2e

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SEApocalypse said:

If you want to sell to Jabba? Pretty much. And actually, do you remember the Krayt dragon illustration from Keeping the Peace? Those are some real fearsome beast, they would be the alpha predators on Onderon and Dxun. And those are galaxy wide legendary for being ****-holes :P

07c78b39aca7bbca9aad55340ea6b8a4d2ee7d2e

I get the Krayt Dragon example, but that is selling to Jabba on Tatooine as you said.  Were it not commisioned by Jabba, I would be against it, as they are hardly the most logical choice. But based on the OP, there are other examples.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 As someone else mentioned, there is an Fiat Panda as well ;-)

The M3A is as well build for the Hutts and is named again after a tatooin beast. Scyk. 
The Kimogila is as well issued for the Hutts and is another reptile from Tatooine, same for the Dunelizard, I think you get the pattern. ;-)

Mandalorian ships build for Mandalorians usually have mando names, Mandal Motor ships for the Hutts come with usually with a tatooine beast name.

Edited by SEApocalypse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SEApocalypse said:

 As someone else mentioned, there is an Fiat Panda as well ;-)

The M3A is as well built for the Hutts and is named again after a tatooin beast. Scyk. 
The Kimogila is as well issued for the Hutts and is another reptile from Tatooine, same for the Dunelizard, I think you get the pattern. ;-)

Mandalorian ships build for Mandalorians usually have mando names, Mandal Motor ships for the Hutts come with usually with a tatooine beast name.

If I recall correctly, the Keldabe-class cruiser is named after the Mandalorian word for "awesome."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just typical extra-material stuff. They took stuff that the audience would know and used it to give a descriptive nature of the ships. I think those ships came from SWG originally and those creatures were in the game on a starter planet whereas Mandalorians only made an appearance on Endor (Boba Fett was on Tat though). They were used as the neutral pilot ships so they wanted to tie it in to something not Empire or Rebellion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...