Wretch

Do B-Wings have a place in the post Nerf meta

I was thinking about trying Blue Squadron Pilot with torpedo of choice extra munitions, advanced sensors and guidance chips for around 28-32 points depending on torpedo choice.

Advanced sensors would allow for actions prior to movement to allow you to mitigate being blocked. And helps after the torpedoes are gone in dog fights.

I know they will get burned down fast if targeted but 2 clocking in at 60ish points gives some space for some other priority targets.

Edited by Wretch

Those 2 B-wings will never survive long enough to use all 4 torpedoes unless your other 40 points is so menacing your opponent must kill that first to win. That kind of 40 point threat doesn’t exist for Rebels. Most lists I can think of can kill the B-wings and win on points.

The K-wing is the better ordnance ship for Rebels because it can take Long Range Scanners to set up a fully modified missile, then SLAM around and do it again. 

B-wings are best run as cheap as possible. Forget the torps unless you’re using Nera Dantels. 

I like the idea of 2 BSPs w/ Linked Battery and Adv. Sensors. You could pair that with a nicely kitted Miranda, or go all Paul Heaver from a few years ago and use 2 Rookie Pilots with R2 Astromechs and IA. That a respectable amount of HP to have to eat through, a lot of targets, and a lot of attack dice.

Edited by Greebwahn

Blue Squadron Pilot — B-Wing 22
Ship Total: 22

Bandit Squadron Pilot — Z-95 Headhunter 12
Ship Total: 12

Depends on how good you are at rolling single mod dice.

17 hours ago, FixingKitty said:

Tried out 4 B-Wings with Linked Battery the other day, really nice upgrade instead of FCS, also put Hera on one of them for some stress resistance

Not having to keep the same target every turn made them into a wall of hull and red dice :-D

Agreed. Linked Battery's biggest advantage is leaving the systems slot free. It's just a shame that it doesn't really leave you the points to equip much in it if you want 4 ships.

16 hours ago, AngryAlbatross said:

it almost makes Ibitsam good, with Hera/E2, Linked Battery and Wired for 33 points

That's a rather nice idea, actually. With the stress nailed in, you've got a lot of rerolls. I'm not convinced you really need wired, though - You've got 2 offensive and 1 defensive reroll on a ship with only 3 red and 1 green dice. I'm not sure what else you'd put in the elite upgrade, but surely there's something more useful than yet more rerolls? Veteran Instincts would put you at a respectable but not earthshaking PS8, whilst Trick Shot, Collision Detector and a load of debris markers seems like it might have some legs.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

49 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Agreed. Linked Battery's biggest advantage is leaving the systems slot free. It's just a shame that it doesn't really leave you the points to equip much in it if you want 4 ships.

That's a rather nice idea, actually. With the stress nailed in, you've got a lot of rerolls. I'm not convinced you really need wired, though - You've got 2 offensive and 1 defensive reroll on a ship with only 3 red and 1 green dice. I'm not sure what else you'd put in the elite upgrade, but surely there's something more useful than yet more rerolls? Veteran Instincts would put you at a respectable but not earthshaking PS8, whilst Trick Shot, Collision Detector and a load of debris markers seems like it might have some legs.

Oooh yes the synergy with Debris would be great.  
VI is probably a better choice on that build.  Gives you a nice mini defender (with less green dice).

1 hour ago, Magnus Grendel said:

I have to agree on the Collision Detector and debris markers, as I tried it out myself with Ibitsam a while back.  First turn performed a red manouver halfway onto a debris marker I'd placed on my side of the table and immediately got 2 stress, then ran over the same marker again next turn for another.  Think I got up to 6-7 stress at one point.  I did use Wired on him but that's because Linked Batteries isn't out yet and I'd written the list a while ago.  Game didn't go that great for me but I was up against PS10 Nym for the first time, Poe and Ahsoka so catching something I could shoot was challenge enough.  One thing I did find was that even with just one re-rolled defence dice it did take quite a lot for my opponent to finish him off.  Fun build that's worth trying out.

I'm not sure how real it is, but with the new harpoon missles, you might see an uptake of people using Ten Numb and a mangler.  

I.E. a VI'd LT Blount fires Harpoons that are guaranteed to hit at PS 8, apply the Harpooned condition card, then a Ten Numb also PS 8 with a Mangler shoots with a Crit hit that can't be blocked effectively activating the condition card.

17 hours ago, SkyCooper said:

I'm not sure how real it is, but with the new harpoon missles, you might see an uptake of people using Ten Numb and a mangler.  

I.E. a VI'd LT Blount fires Harpoons that are guaranteed to hit at PS 8, apply the Harpooned condition card, then a Ten Numb also PS 8 with a Mangler shoots with a Crit hit that can't be blocked effectively activating the condition card.

Ten Numb's ability is nice, but the problem I've always had with him is that unless you're facing someone super-evasive, landing a single hit isn't too hard - certainly when you're investing many, many points in the ability between his cost relative to a normal B-wing and the cost of buying him a Mangler cannon.

He's great against Soontir Fel or Fenn Rau - but against the Nyms and the Mirandas merely so-so.

Harpooned! might, as you say, give him a nice lease of life.

In fact, for that matter:

• Ten Numb
    • Veteran Instincts
    • Advanced Sensors
    • Linked Batteries
    • B-Wing/E2
    • Bistan or Mercenary Copilot

Expensive, but you have PS 10 and advanced sensors and rerolls to hit and a reliable critical with your primary weapon

Equally, 'if you hit' abilities work well with him.

• Ten Numb
    • Veteran Instincts
    • Fire Control System
    • Plasma Torpedoes
    • Extra Munitions
    • Guidance Chips

This gives you a guaranteed harpoon-triggering critical, and a hit-plus-plasma-burn even against someone elusive like Intensity Poe Dameron, but the plasma torps are not bad at 'raw damage' against something agility 0 and big.

• Ten Numb
    • Predator
    • Advanced Sensors
    • Ion Cannon
    • B-wing/E2
    • Bistan

Since you only ever do 1 damage with an ion cannon, more than one hit is irrelevant - whilst an undodgeable ion cannon is a scary thing to face with a lot of ships.