Sign in to follow this  
Glucose98

Worlds Winning List

I think this was Ben Fox's list tonight?

For those of you who didn't get to watch it yet -- it's up online -- https://go.twitch.tv/videos/187105840

195/200 points

Aymhelin Scions x1 [14]
----------Total Unit Cost: 14

Aymhelin Scions x1 [14]
----------Total Unit Cost: 14

Aymhelin Scions x1 [14]
--Unique: Vicious Roots [3]
----------Total Unit Cost: 17

Aymhelin Scions x1 [14]

Aymhelin Scions x1 [14]

Deepwood Archers x2 [17]

Deepwood Archers x2 [17]

Maegan Cyndewin x1 [36]
--Unique: Arcane Mastery [2]
----------Total Unit Cost: 38

Aliana of Summersong x1 [33]
--Artifact: Packleaders Spear [8]
--Unique: Ambush Predator [3]
----------Total Unit Cost: 44

It was super interesting to see an MSU list.  That was a ton of units.  He really capitalized on those flanks to build up a ton of damage, and used the naked 14 pt Scions up front as the speed bumps that the big units crashed into.

I do wonder if Andrew's final Ailanna attack getting the double red on the reroll swings the game into his favor?  Ben's Maegan would have died and not dealt 3 wounds, and the archers probably wouldn't have done enough to stop it while he continues to hold 4 objective tokens.

Also don't forget the most amazing part of this list / story.  Ben flew from Ireland, purchased the stack of boxes at the FFGEC and put together his list on site.  Epic.

Edited by Glucose98

I was first to play Ben "9 dials" Fox as I liked to call him. When he put trays on table they were all linked and I thought that isn't enough for an army, where is the redt of it. Then he kept separating them and pulled out the infamous 9 dials. Only played elves once and nothing like that list. Crushed me.

Excellent theory crafting and great playing. Had fun and congrats to Ben and Andrew.  Travel expenses paid next year nice from over the pond nice also.

4 hours ago, Hijodecain said:

Did he get luck on rolls? I don't use to be lucky when fighting with just one row units.

I don't think he had too crazy of a streak or anything.  He pulled off a *lot* of flanking.  His hero's hit pretty hard too.

Just now, Glucose98 said:

I don't think he had too crazy of a streak or anything.  He pulled off a *lot* of flanking.  His hero's hit pretty hard too.

So he out maneuvered at the maneuver game. Sounds like rock solid play to me.

4 minutes ago, darkjawa103 said:

@DekoPuma congrats on making it that far. I was rooting for you as a fellow Waiqar player.

Ditto.  I wonder if your archer list would have done well against the big pile of scions?  Did you happen to play him in swiss?

No, I never got the chance to play him. I wish I'd had the chance, I feel like my archers would have a very good chance against that MSU list.

Unfortunately Andrew's list is a good counter to my own. I've played him many, many times and he usually wins.

The top four match was one of our best games though. I almost had him, but when I failed to kill the moose, it was all over.

25 minutes ago, DekoPuma said:

No, I never got the chance to play him. I wish I'd had the chance, I feel like my archers would have a very good chance against that MSU list.

Unfortunately Andrew's list is a good counter to my own. I've played him many, many times and he usually wins.

The top four match was one of our best games though. I almost had him, but when I failed to kill the moose, it was all over.

**** moose, blotting out the sun.  

18 hours ago, Glucose98 said:

Ben should probably have a chance to name his own list, but until then, I suggest we refer to it as the "Entmoot"

Nah it should be called Sticky Fingers.

18 hours ago, Glucose98 said:

Ben should probably have a chance to name his own list, but until then, I suggest we refer to it as the "Entmoot"

I believe he did - "Immobilisation Nation" ... at least according to the commentators in the Live Stream...

But Entmoot is *awesome*

On 11/3/2017 at 2:15 PM, DekoPuma said:

At the risk of sounding like a total idiot, what's this MSU people keep talking about?

Being nit-picky here: Ben probably just had two Vicious Roots cards, not three, since he probably bought just two Scion expansion boxes to get 5 in total (1 in army box, 2 per expansion box). Did you actually see the three cards during the game stream?

3 hours ago, Xargonaut said:

Being nit-picky here: Ben probably just had two Vicious Roots cards, not three, since he probably bought just two Scion expansion boxes to get 5 in total (1 in army box, 2 per expansion box). Did you actually see the three cards during the game stream?

Yeah I think he had 3