HadesHerald

Can We Talk About This?

15 hours ago, HadesHerald said:

WHY IS EVERY KARKING SHIP NAMED THE MYNOCK?

That is all.  Thank you.

Could it have something to do with Star Wars rebels or the campaign podcast?

Also

my crews ship is called The Blue Shift 

14 hours ago, Stan Fresh said:

We have the Scarlet Empress.

Are you a fan of exalted Stan?

15 hours ago, HadesHerald said:

WHY IS EVERY KARKING SHIP NAMED THE MYNOCK?

That is all.  Thank you.

Could it have something to do with Star Wars rebels or the campaign podcast?

Also

my crews ship is called The Blue Shift 

14 hours ago, Stan Fresh said:

We have the Scarlet Empress.

Are you a fan of exalted Stan?

49 minutes ago, Stan Fresh said:

I like the setting,  yes.  The rules are stupidly complex and basically unplayable without extensive handwaving,  from what little I've played and what I've seen and read about it.

The third edition is much more playable rules wise but there is still a lot of crunch to learn, and third has also gotten rid of things in the setting that were disgusting which makes it more enjoyable to play

4 hours ago, Norr-Saba said:

The third edition is much more playable rules wise but there is still a lot of crunch to learn, and third has also gotten rid of things in the setting that were disgusting which makes it more enjoyable to play

What did they get rid of? (Exalted’s setting is a pretty dystopian place, mostly, IME.)

Back on topic, the PC smugglers fly the Argent Topaz; the would-be Jedi PC(s) have a HWK-290 named Red Hawk and sometimes a Starwind pleasure yacht called Mirror Vhork; and the Imperial stormtroopers (that are getting closer to rebelling) are currently stationed aboard the Overseer, a Vigil-class corvette.

The game I play has too many ships: a VCX-100 named Deep Fate, which carries a fast HWK-290 named Destiny, and we just retrieved the Abyssal Fate, a stealthy YV-560 freighter. 

5 hours ago, Norr-Saba said:

I just find the basic framework of the rules to be at odds with itself. The mechanics are super crunchy and ridiculously detailed while the game is supposedly encouraging you to play these larger-than-life heroes who engage in cinematic action and drama. All the GM and player advice is for Fate/Cortex Plus/Wushu style games, but the actual mechanics are more like GURPS/Champions/Shadowrun.

PCs are now at the helm of the Lhote Jolahka, huttese for "fat lizard."  It's a Suwantek TL-1200 and they're lucky to be able to use it.  If they're clever, they can make a delivery for the owner of the ship and beat the shipjacker to the scrapyard using a secret hyperspace route and reclaim their beloved vessel before it's plundered and resold.  Can the crew of the Winged Gundark liberate their vessel before former pilot and former friend sells it to pay off his debts?  Tune in and find out!

Our party operates out of The Golden Hind, a Hutt yacht offered by our employer (named by our GM, after Sir Francis Drake's privateer, which circumnavigated the globe in the 16th century). It is to our party's credit, and maturity level, that there have been very few butt jokes at our ship's expense... Also, we don't want to instigate it- we are not entirely certain it is not sentient and/ or controlled by another entity...

5 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Our party operates out of The Golden Hind, a Hutt yacht offered by our employer (named by our GM, after Sir Francis Drake's privateer, which circumnavigated the globe in the 16th century). It is to our party's credit, and maturity level, that there have been very few butt jokes at our ship's expense... Also, we don't want to instigate it- we are not entirely certain it is not sentient and/ or controlled by another entity...

Well, given that a Hind is also a term for a Deer, I can see why. 

29 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Well, given that a Hind is also a term for a Deer, I can see why. 

Your tabletop experiences have obviously been less sophomoric than some of my own, to think something like etymological accuracy would prevent such a thing.

We all fly around the UFP in the USS Enterprise, threatening to have ship to ship combat, but actually all we do is sit around in Pickard's Ready Room and we negotiate peace, run Level One Diagnostics, or Reroute Auxiliary Power to the Warp Core...oops, my bad! Wrong gaming universe.. (yeah, I am taking the p.i.s.s. out of ST:TNG, Deep Sleep 9 and Voyager, it had it's moments i.e. the borg, but they were few and far between)

I'll take SW any day thanks... move along, move along

On 11/4/2017 at 7:22 AM, Edgehawk said:

Well, if your gm is also a fan of ancient Roman literature, The Golden Hind could meet another ship that's been almost completely changed by modifications, The Golden ***, and you could see how long your group's maturity lasted.

My Players ships:

Hopper One
Star Blade
Forcy Hope
Lost Venome - (Fresh captured will be renamed soon)
Fearless Darkness  (wasn't around for long enought to even get renamed ^^")

My own X-Wing (if I ever am able to be a player once again)

Zephfire-Star