SpartanWarrior7

Clone Wars Era for Armada

Hi everyone,

I am writing to let everyone here know that Fantasy Flight has not made any ships at all from the clone wars era in Armada. That is very offensive and disheartening to me and there are several awesome ships from that era that we are not getting. Is this some sort of licensing agreement from Disney not to make any prequel-era ships. We as a community need to speak out and let Fantasy Flight know what we want, and I really want some Clone Wars ships in this game, because honestly I'm sick of seeing all of these original trilogy ships and its time to put our foot down and say we have had enough original trilogy and that now we need something new. I know there might be licensing agreements that prevent the production of prequel era content but I need everyone to hear me out and try to find a way around it.

ARC-

17 minutes ago, SpartanWarrior7 said:

Hi everyone,

I am writing to let everyone here know that Fantasy Flight has not made any ships at all from the clone wars era in Armada. That is very offensive and disheartening to me and there are several awesome ships from that era that we are not getting. Is this some sort of licensing agreement from Disney not to make any prequel-era ships. We as a community need to speak out and let Fantasy Flight know what we want, and I really want some Clone Wars ships in this game, because honestly I'm sick of seeing all of these original trilogy ships and its time to put our foot down and say we have had enough original trilogy and that now we need something new. I know there might be licensing agreements that prevent the production of prequel era content but I need everyone to hear me out and try to find a way around it.

ARC-

You would be wrong me-bucko. The Arquitens and Pelta are both Clone Wars era, as is the Gozanti, and technically the CR-90 and Victory. 

Dont get me wrong, there are still many I want to see, but we have seen some already. 

11 minutes ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

You would be wrong me-bucko. The Arquitens and Pelta are both Clone Wars era, as is the Gozanti, and technically the CR-90 and Victory. 

Dont get me wrong, there are still many I want to see, but we have seen some already. 

Yes those types of ships were seen in the clone wars, but the ones in armada are from Rebels and rogue one. I'm talking about ships that are ONLY seen in the clone wars, like the Venator class star destroyer, Acclimator class assault ship, and separatist capitol ships. Also, fighter squadrons of v-19 torrents, arc-170s, vultures, and tri-fighters.

Edited by SpartanWarrior7

8 minutes ago, SpartanWarrior7 said:

Yes those types of ships were seen in the clone wars, but the ones in armada are from Rebels and rogue one. I'm talking about ships that are ONLY seen in the clone wars, like the Venator class star destroyer, Acclimator class assault ship, and separatist capitol ships. Also, fighter squadrons of v-19 torrents, arc-170s, vultures, and tri-fighters.

To expect all of those, you'd need a CW-era game.

40 minutes ago, SpartanWarrior7 said:

That is very offensive

I choose to believe that English is not your first language and you didn't actually mean that you are offended by a game company's decision to theme their game differently than you would have liked.

Regardless, this whole post is ridiculously entitled and melodramatic.  Nobody owes you **** unless you paid them for it.  And you couldn't possibly have paid FFG for a Clone Wars spaceship game, because they don't make one.

My understaning is most prequel content is avoided due to how negative the prequels are seen overall. I do hope for the implementation of clone wars ship in the galactic civil setting since the EU has many instances of venators, providences, and more being used post clone wars/ early civil war.

33 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

I choose to believe that English is not your first language and you didn't actually mean that you are offended by a game company's decision to theme their game differently than you would have liked.

Regardless, this whole post is ridiculously entitled and melodramatic.  Nobody owes you **** unless you paid them for it.  And you couldn't possibly have paid FFG for a Clone Wars spaceship game, because they don't make one.

I'm being honest, it does offend me. I'm not just talking about this companies products, but also almost every other. The prequels have been trampled upon. If all these companies only focus on the original trilogy, is that actually Star Wars.

1 hour ago, SpartanWarrior7 said:

I'm being honest, it does offend me. I'm not just talking about this companies products, but also almost every other. The prequels have been trampled upon. If all these companies only focus on the original trilogy, is that actually Star Wars.

I'm not sure this is entirely a design choice by FFG, nor neglecting their player base. I think they're responding to their market, and avoiding overcomplicating the game.

I like the Clone Wars era. You like the Clone Wars era. Lots of us like the Clone Wars era. But let's be honest, a lot of people do not like the Prequels. Episode I is heavily criticised, episodes II and III are hardly more popular and, whilst the cartoon series is seen to have somewhat redeemed the whole thing, it's a relatively niche following.

Contrast that with the Original trilogy: everyone loves it, from the average Joe to the die-hard fans. Put yourself in FFG's shoes: you're here to make great games, but you're also here to make money. Are you going to commit time and resources to making products that only a smaller section of your market is going to be interested in? Or are you going to focus on the era that has the broadest appeal, appealing to both new and existing players? You only have to look at the community on this forum: we're pretty die-hard fans, yet it's still fairly split as to those who'd like to see Clone Wars ships and those who wouldn't. If your existing market is split, how risky are you prepared to be?

Then there's the fact that, of the three eras, the Clone Wars factions are the ones that harmonise least with the other two. The Rebellion and Resistance, the Empire and the First Order, they naturally merge neatly because one was born out of the other, but the same can't be said of the Clone Wars. In which case, you either have to create an entirely separate CW-era game (which many players would see as too expensive and limited an addition), or you have to be creative in how you integrate them (as they have done with ARC-170s in X-wing).

I just think it's too tricky for too limited a market, and I think FFG have done a pretty decent job of doing justice to the best of the prequels; yes, a lot of these ships have turned up in Rebels, but they didn't have to include them in this game. I'm sure we'll see others before long (Venator anyone?), but if we don't, it'll be understandable, and I won't complain.

Edited by ceejlekabeejle

I would love to see the clone wars ships included. does anyone know how well received the ARC-170 was in X wing? if it is selling well then there is hope for CW era Armada ships. if not then it will be hard to convince FFG to make something they believe will not sell well.

Im pretty sure this is a Troll but owell 

I think the main reason being is the prequel trilogy is just not as popular as the Original trilogy.  I mean all the fighters like The Xwing or Tie Fighter to the Cr90 and the ISD are all Iconic to star wars and to most people.  

I also think that the TV show Rebels is also the reason why the civil war era is more prominent to people with star wars that say the clone wars would. 

13 minutes ago, solaria said:

I would love to see the clone wars ships included. does anyone know how well received the ARC-170 was in X wing? if it is selling well then there is hope for CW era Armada ships. if not then it will be hard to convince FFG to make something they believe will not sell well.

It wasn't quite a straight inclusion with the ARC-170, in that the way they introduced it in X-wing was as a retrofitted fighter used by the Rebels. It was a clever inclusion; they played on it being older tech (slow, less manoeuvrable), but as possessing good durability, and based it on the idea that the Rebellion had to use whatever they could get their hands on. How well received it was I don't know, but it was a canny move by FFG.

9 minutes ago, Belphegor07 said:

I think theres definetly space for seperatist ships. In the books in the new canon there are battles between a seperatist remenant and the empire. Could be a way to keep the setting but have a cool and different faction added in

Given the above situation with the ARC-170, the most sensible way to bring in Separatist ships to my mind is to bill them as retrofitted ships used by the Rebels. Personally, I'm not keen to see a third faction in Armada, but this would be a perfectly feasible way to take some of the best from the Clone Wars and put it on the table.

Might make for a nice wave with the Venator, on a 'relics of the Clone Wars' theme.

10 hours ago, SpartanWarrior7 said:

It makes no difference, I'm stating that we simply need content from Fantasy Flight that isn't OT exclusive. 

We want it. We don't need it. And the 'we' isn't unanimous. 

10 hours ago, Ironlord said:

And we have gotten many ships that have not appeared in an OT movie.

The MC30, the AFMKII are the only two ships I can think of that have not appeared on-screen for that era. For the fighters, there're E-Wings, Z-95s, Decimators and Phantoms. 4 squads, 2 ships, and of them all only the E-Wing was not set in the Civil War era in its source material. It needn't be only Episodes IV, V, and VI. The Rebels TV Show and Rogue One are also set in that time period, and thus count as sources for material.

Here's my take on this. Bear in mind I have zero inside info, so this is my opinion.

Ever since the mouse took over, I have seen a distinct trend. The Original Trilogy is heavily promoted, along with direct tie ins, like Rogue One. Rebels, being an in house Mouse product, is also heavily promoted.

The prequels are largely pushed aside. Why? Not sure, but as has been mentioned, seems the Mouse is concentrating on what the huge majority of fans like...because it sells more. 

With all this in mind, I seriously doubt we will see any major ships from the prequels. Yeah, the occasional fighter or flotilla, perhaps, as FFG tries to maintain product flowing. But primarily we are going to see OT ships, and things from Rebels or the newer films. If FFG puts out anything in Armada based off the prequels, capital ships in particular, I shall be very surprised.

Thats business for you.

Just my two Imperial credits.

You will see new trilogy ships before you see Clone Wars. Full stop. 

Disney has made a concerted effort to distance themselves from the prequels. You might see a ship or two pulled into the civil war era, but they have no interest in revisiting the Clone Wars itself. FFG has to have content approved by Disney. I doubt they'll get approval to do Clone Wars at least in the next couple years. Maybe once Episode IX is in the books, Disney will loosen up. Until then, I would expect FFG is bound by that trend in Disney's business model.

On 03/11/2017 at 4:09 PM, Truthiness said:

You will see new trilogy ships before you see Clone Wars. Full stop. 

Disney has made a concerted effort to distance themselves from the prequels. You might see a ship or two pulled into the civil war era, but they have no interest in revisiting the Clone Wars itself. FFG has to have content approved by Disney. I doubt they'll get approval to do Clone Wars at least in the next couple years. Maybe once Episode IX is in the books, Disney will loosen up. Until then, I would expect FFG is bound by that trend in Disney's business model.

You’re right. I don’t like the way they’re doing it but thats how it is.