Sign in to follow this  
Gitzman

Fillable PDF Character Sheet v1.01

Hey dudes,

I just finished the first version of a fillable character sheet as a PDF. 

Features: v1.0 - 02/22/2010

• All the fields are nicely organized and sized well. 
  • The tabbing order is set. 
  • The form has been set so you can save it in Adobe Reader.
  • The document size is 8.5 in wide by 5.5 in tall and can be printed double sided with little difficulty.
  • Some field inteligence is there so numerical fields can only have numbers entered and you can only fill content within the visible areas of each line so there will be no hidden overflow text. 
  • Where posisble i added drop down selection fields for weapons, armour, etc. 

Change Log: v1.01 - 02/23/2010

• Stress and Fatigue check boxes are now 'Screen Only' and will not show up in print for those who would like to continue to use the token system.
  • Fortune Point check boxes are now 'Screen Only' and will not show up in print for those who would like to continue to use the token system.

DOWNLOAD v1.01 (5.23mb PDF)

-or-

http://www.sweetwatercakery.com/_jesse/WFRP3/WFRP%20Fillable%20Character%20Sheet%20v1.01.pdf

Hope you enjoy!

Game on,

Gitzman GoFasta
aka - Jesse Burke

That's a really great sheet, thanks a lot!

I can't imagine FFG would have any problems with this, they already have a link to the non-fillable version at their support site. If anything, they should add this version to the support site links.

The Stress/Fatigue trackers I assume are there if you are just using the sheet on a laptop to play. For those that just wish to fill in the values and print the form, I assume the idea is that the boxes let you track these by ticking the boxes with a pencil rather than use the tokens. bI know some people don't like the tokens and look for means to do without them, but I feel these values change often enough that if the game didn't come with tokens, I'd probably track them with tokens of my own rather than constantly writing and erasing on the character sheet.. It would be nice if those were on a separate layer that could be turned off so we could print the sheet out without the column of boxes for those of us that prefer to use the tokens.

I don't understand the fortune point boxes along the bottom. I guess if you are using the sheet on a laptop, you can keep track of current FP real time just like the Stress/Fatigue boxes, or use pencil with a printed copy, but you only ever start with 3, so unless you have house rules for gaining more FP, the 4-7 boxes aren't even needed. Also, why 7? That's more than double the amount ever allowed. Was it just an arbitrary spacing decision?

Thanks for the sheet!

@mac: there are many things that could affect different stats on the sheet, like fortune. For instance someone could make a magic item that allowed for an extra max fortune point per session ;)

@mac,

Good point on the fortune points at the bottom, i hadnt really concidered that. I will adjust the maximum values on my next update.

I like your idea about making the stress and fatigue check boxes visible or not visible depending on if users want to continue to use tokens or not.  I'll see what i can come up with to toggle that info.

Thanks,

Gitzman