JediPartisan

Three Scum Ships That Have Somehow Been Missed

I’m speaking about the:
HH-87 Starhopper (SW database (odd pic)) - was seen in The Clone Wars a few times and seemed a scummy ship. Also seems to go with the ship below.
Zygerrian Slave Ship - yeah, just scummy and has been in The Clone Wars and Rebels. Also seen with the ship below, but painted yellow.
Mining Guild TIE - everyone else has a TIE why not Scum?

The Kimogila just seemed such an obscure reference, though I guess Scum needed a bomber (despite the recent add of the Scurrg).
Just a thought.

I'm all for the Pac-Man tie. I mean it's cheapest (and second to the Z-95) most produced starfighter in the galaxy. Actually, I'd argue pre-death star 1 destruction, there were more tie fighters than Z-95s. I think the Pac Tie should get it's own unique thing, much like captured tie has, although keep it's dial the same across the board to be fair. That also said, I would like the imperial Ties to get a unique title that should have come in the carrier and we'll likely never see...

I'm also surprised we haven't gotten the lady luck and it's clone wars reincarnation-counterpart. Maybe the Lady luck is going to be a new design and we'll get that in the Han solo movie. At least I hope.

1 hour ago, JediPartisan said:

The Kimogila just seemed such an obscure reference, though I guess Scum needed a bomber (despite the recent add of the Scurrg).
Just a thought.

Please no more Tie Fighters in other factions. I don't want to see a Scum TIe Would rather see a Slave 2

1 hour ago, JediPartisan said:

I’m speaking about the:
HH-87 Starhopper (SW database (odd pic)) - was seen in The Clone Wars a few times and seemed a scummy ship. Also seems to go with the ship below.
Zygerrian Slave Ship - yeah, just scummy and has been in The Clone Wars and Rebels. Also seen with the ship below, but painted yellow.

Just a thought.

I would like all of those ships.

31 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Would be a much better choice than the kimogila

Other than doing absolutely nothing like the Kimogila. As it lacks astromech sockets, missile or torpedo launchers. 

A person of particular generosity might say it does ******* nothing. 

Edited by UnitOmega

4 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

Other than doing absolutely nothing like the Kimogila. As it lacks astromech sockets, missile or torpedo launchers. 

A person of particular generosity might say it does ******* nothing. 

Until last week, I'd argue that you just proved we don't need a kimogila when we have a jm5k. Still not sure it's different enough from the Scurrg, novel bullseye arc notwithstanding.

The HH is at least in canon.

Well, bullseye and reload are two whole new mechanics, which is a pretty good precedent for a ship. Most ships are lucky to get one new mechanic. With the Jump now RIP, the Kimogila can utilize both Illicit and Salvaged Mechs which Scum can't combo, and it can utilize more than one ship with the Salvaged Mech (unlike Scurrgs). The Scurrg, of course, can equip crew, or can mix system with Mech with the title, but only on one ship and can't utilize generics. However these generics will probably mean the Kimogila won't have 3 tallon rolls. Actually it probably won't have great 3 maneuvers at all, but it's not supposed to be a very maneuverable ship. But, because of this slight feature lack, we know the highest cost Kimogila (who has the same PS and has an EPT as Nym) costs 3 less than the highest H-6. Assuming that keeps, the PS3 pilots might be even cheaper than the PS1 H-6. 

14 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

The HH is at least in canon.

Canon is meaningless to the game. That just means other writers can reference it and have to take it's existence into account. Considering Rebels hasn't added it to it's list of assets to reuse, we will probably never see anything more about the HH-87 in a meaningful sense. They've already mentioned it in the RPGs where it's relevant, but otherwise there's little to it besides a neat detail of "Hey, it's that one thing!"

Just because a ship looks good or is in stuff doesn't mean it belongs in a game. It preferably needs to do stuff as well. 

Edited by UnitOmega

I'm definitely all for a Mining Guild TIE. They should be weaker though than standard TIEs according to lore.

Personally for Fringe I really want to see a Hondo Pirates epic expansion with:

Corona-class armed frigate (a faster and more heavily armed epic ship that can attack 360 degrees) 

Flarestar-class attack shuttle (Hondo, Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, and Ohnaka Pirate for pilots)

Hondo Ohnaka, Aurra Sing, Asajj Ventress, and pirate crew.

Time to get some proper space pirates in the game by bringing in everyone's favourite

The Zygerrian ship would be 2cm longer than the already arguably too long YV-666. I don't think it's a great fit scale wise, though I do agree that if FFG want Jabba to be a thing in 100/6, he needs an alternative to the YV, if for no other reason than to provide list building flexibility.

I'm kind of torn on the mining guild TIE. I never wanted Rebels to get a TIE fighter, and that same part of me wants Scum not to have it either, but those cutaway panels just beg for Aux arcs, and that would be very interesting - a 2 attack, fragile, high agility 180 ship would be something new.

2 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

All three of those are in direct competition with either existing ships or each other (HH-87 v TIE) with regards to role and/or capability. 

I'd almost prefer to see Mining Guild released as a Title (and alt model/paint) for Imp TIE's (perhaps something like: When you reveal a straight manoeuvre, reduce its speed by 1). And for the pack to include some sort of swarm/squadron based Condition (something like: Before deploying forces, place a squadron token on all pilots with the same name - once per round, 1 ship with a squadron token may spend the focus from another ship with a squadron token and the same pilot name as if it was its own). 

3 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

Wait, why don't Imperials have Z-95 Headhunters and HWK-290 like everybody else? Okay too ghetto like they just came from south central Dantooine.

But how about Imperial Y-wings, they were good enough for the Republic, and then we can get Imperial Astromech upgrades.;)

Edited by Marinealver

6 hours ago, Marinealver said:

Wait, why don't Imperials have Z-95 Headhunters and HWK-290 like everybody else? Okay too ghetto like they just came from south central Dantooine.

But how about Imperial Y-wings, they were good enough for the Republic, and then we can get Imperial Astromech upgrades.;)

V-Wings, Arc-170s, and X-Wings should all be in the Imperial arsenal.  All these served in the Imperial navy, the C-Wings and Arc 170 served for quite a few years before being phased out.  V-Wings on board a Venator Star Destroyer were used to track Thrawn, and that was only a few years before the events of Rogue One.

In legends the X-Wings were to replace the TIE fighter but the Incom engineers who designed it defected, stealing all the plans and prototypes they had on hand.  However, it should be pointed out there would still be a few test models still in Imperial hands at testing facilities spread around the galaxy.  So if FFG can give rebels TIEs because sabine had one, the Imperials should get X-Wings because they are bound to have a few left.  Besides, according to Battlefront 2 (which is canon,) Inferno squad has at least 2 in their possession, so we can assume we already have at least 3 pilots for them.