wurms

Viktor Hel

Viktor is my favorite pilot of the pack, but I'm not sure how to make him work yet.

I tried Deadeye, Harpoon, Chips, Stealth, Scav Crane, ran him next to Dengar and Sunny.  He did ok, he was kind of scary with the deadeye missile.  He doled out two stress, lost his SD, sunny blew up and he Scav Craned it back and handed out one more stress before he died.

I think the core of any build for me with Viktor is Stealth and Scav Crane to get as much out of his ability as I can.  After that I'm not sure yet.  I think he needs some help on offense and defense because Kihraxz don't hold up long to focused fire.

26 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

eh kad solus is good. anytime a ship can do reds and come out with a token you cant discount it entirely

Neglected doesn't mean bad, but Kad Solus isn't really good at the moment. Mediocrity keeps many a pilot from the table. I like him, but thats not enough to fly him when its serious-face time.

43 minutes ago, Burius1981 said:

I tried Deadeye, Harpoon, Chips, Stealth, Scav Crane, ran him next to Dengar and Sunny.  He did ok, he was kind of scary with the deadeye missile.  He doled out two stress, lost his SD, sunny blew up and he Scav Craned it back and handed out one more stress beforehe died.

I think the core of any build for me with Viktor is Stealth and Scav Crane to get as much out of his ability as I can.  After that I'm not sure yet.  I think he needs some help on offense and defense because Kihraxz don't hold up long to focused fire.

I like this as it makes him a threat which makes him be a target to stress enemies. You have to make him dangerous enough where your opponent cant ignore him for the entire game. Kind of like Wullfaroo for rebels. You want the opponent to attack him to trigger his ability, and just tossing tactician on him ups his aggro enough where they want him off the battlefield. I think missiles are the right call on Viktor.

Edited by wurms

7 hours ago, wurms said:

I'm thinking something like this:

I think the Munitions Failsafe is excessive. You're firing Cruise missiles with Guidance chips, so there's very little chance of you missing the attack. I think that slot would be better served by Vectored Thrusters so you have at least some repositioning available.

17 minutes ago, Astech said:

I think the Munitions Failsafe is excessive. You're firing Cruise missiles with Guidance chips, so there's very little chance of you missing the attack. I think that slot would be better served by Vectored Thrusters so you have at least some repositioning available.

Failsafe is free, VT is not

Yeah there isn't any wiggle room for VT on Viktor unfortunately.  I like the list, any list with Guri has me taking a second look.

Have you had any games with it yet?  I'd like to hear how it holds up to Imperial PS11 alpha and Flying Carpet.

10 minutes ago, gcanders said:

Does his ability work if he dies? Will the attacker still get the stress?

Yes. Refer to the timing chart in the FAQ; Viktor would trigger in Step 8, even if he was destroyed, before he is removed in Step 10.

Edited by DR4CO

1 minute ago, DR4CO said:

Yes. Refer to the timing chart in the FAQ; Viktor would trigger in Step 8, even if he was destroyed and before he is removed in Step 10.

Thanks!  

On 11/3/2017 at 6:33 AM, FTS Gecko said:

Wrong.  It is the answer to the question "which upgrade should you never, ever, ever take except possibly on a Decimator, but only if you don't have Engine Upgrade, Veteran Instincts or Predator"

Saturation salvo? :P

anyways yes, I agree. Dropping drawers on the deci is desirable... sometimes.

The bottom line is that k-fighters are still ships with only one action per turn, 5 hp, 2 agi and an okayish dial. They can be resonably successful as ordnance carriers (with deadeye), though they face rather stiff competition from scurrgs in that regard. Other than that, it's really hard to justify taking a k-fighter over a fang considering the latter has better dial, better action economy, extra R1 defense, arguably better pilot abilities and is often cheaper to boot. As for Viktor himself - his ability coupled with SD makes him a potentially unappealing target but so what? He's still your very basic 3 att ship with a single action and he costs you over 30 points. The only thing his ability does is that those points won't get casually swatted away (which is something I guess) but it doesn't mean he's worth them.

18 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Unless you're putting missiles on him he shoudln't cost over 30.

He costs 30 IF you put missiles on him but then the question is why you didn't take a scurrg instead. If you want to go all in and give him EU and  AT, he costs considerably more.

Next week I plan to fly my first S&V list using Vik...

Intensity, Cloaking Device, Stealth Device, Stygium Particle Accelerator, Engine Upgrade. Competitive? No. Fun jank? Yes.

Edited by Alekzanter

Given that you have no way to trigger intensity, it's prety frikking awful.

Note that decloaking doesn't give you a boost or barrel roll *action* which is what triggers Intensity.  And even if it did, you're spending 4 points and 2 slots and you would have a 1/4 chance of losing both every time you used them.

2 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Given that you have no way to trigger intensity, it's prety frikking awful.

Note that decloaking doesn't give you a boost or barrel roll *action* which is what triggers Intensity.  And even if it did, you're spending 4 points and 2 slots and you would have a 1/4 chance of losing both every time you used them.

Edited my post. Ya know, 'cause vitriol.

I really like throwing cloakingdevice, Stiglim partial accelerator and vectors thrusters on him. It's ridiculous but it makes for great repositioning and free evades (unless you lose the cloak). For fun I've been playing opportunist and flying him with old terroc