So we're starting to see some stuff from facebook, and it's pretty exciting seeing all these armies! Some notable configurations I've seen so far:

• 13 players: 7 Waiqar, 3 Daqan, 3 Latari
  • 3x2 Latari archers with scion
  • 3x3 Reanimates with Lancer
  • 3x2 Reanimate Archers (more of these in general than expected)
  • Embedded Maro plus two units of 3x2 reanimate archers (!!!) working towards making them 3x3's!
  • Double 3x2 reanimates with lancer
  • Kari, 3 2x2's and 2 2x1's oathsworn (cav heavy without Hawthorne!)
  • Latari MSU "cloud" of 5 individual scions, both heroes, and two 2x1's of archers
  • 3x2 carrion lancers clashing with 2x3 Leonx with Maegan (looking forward to that battle report!)
  • Spearmen deathstar (pointing the wrong way trying to come about around terrain while the actual fighting happens elsewhere, BEEN THERE)

Considering the limited model selection available, I'm loving how diverse these lists are! Can't wait to see a full rundown, but this is an exciting showing!

UPDATE: Top 4 is the 3 Latari and the Waiqar with two 3x2 archer units. Fascinating! Going to assume that's unfamiliarity with the dials at work.

Edited by Bhelliom

Just played against a nine dial list with five(?) sions in it, three with the roots upgrade, and both elf heroes. It was super interesting, even though my spearstar only moved like twice the whole game. Also, never underestimate Aliyana. She is super nasty.

Edited by TallTonyB

2 hours ago, Bhelliom said:
  • Embedded Maro plus two units of 3x2 reanimate archers (!!!) working towards making them 3x3's!

Very curious what equipment they're rocking ... Wind Rune would be good, but given Maro pumping them up, Shield Wall would be an interesting option...

46 minutes ago, TallTonyB said:

Just played against a nine dial list with five(?) sions in it, three with the roots upgrade, and both elf heroes. It was super interesting, even though my spearstar only moved like twice the whole game. Also, never underestimate Aliyana. She is super nasty.

How did the match go?

1 minute ago, darkjawa103 said:

How did the match go?

Not well for me lol. My spear star tanked a lot of damage and Kari was raining death, but I, for some reason, expected a 2x1 of oathsworn to hold off Aliyana for more than one round. She killed them without even rolling dice. Then she was on Kari, and her back was to terrain so I couldn' wraithstep behind her.

11 minutes ago, TheWiseGuy said:

I've lost twice to latari and not knowing about then played a part for sure. They just move differently. 

Same. The first game against them I underestimated just how hard Aliyana hit, and the second game I really didn't know what to expect from the leonx riders. They can move some odd ways.

Good run, Tony! Congrats on the range ruler!

I can't wait to watch some games tomorrow. I just made my Twitch account today...but "Parakitor" is too short for a user name! So disappointing. I had to go with "Parakitor09." Lame.

5 hours ago, maxam said:

Very curious what equipment they're rocking ... Wind Rune would be good, but given Maro pumping them up, Shield Wall would be an interesting option...

Both archers have close quarters targeting and even standard bearer. One has wind rune, the other has fire. 

The reanimates only have Maro, no other upgrades. There are also two single units of carrion lancers with boo upgrades.

Things went pretty well. Top Waiqar list, and fourth place overall in Swiss.

59 minutes ago, DekoPuma said:

Both archers have close quarters targeting and even standard bearer. One has wind rune, the other has fire. 

The reanimates only have Maro, no other upgrades. There are also two single units of carrion lancers with boo upgrades.

Things went pretty well. Top Waiqar list, and fourth place overall in Swiss.

Nice!

Congrats on your placing!