Sign in to follow this  
Decan Mabu

C70 Light cruiser

Hi Again.

This is my new proyect based on the C70 republic light cruiser retrofitted for combat and acquired by the empire , i’m basing on the republic one and hope it won’t change to much from the original ship 

B7E4AD29-0051-4407-8E4B-8E2BC6CEB751_zps

BAA2540D-0516-4783-AB6A-EEE37FCC77F0_zps

Edited by Decan Mabu

Looks like a good start! I've recently begun a C70 build too,  though so far just have a triangle and 3 half finished engines. I may well borrow some of your techniques. What is the overall length and how are you planning to shape the salon pod?

Great reference material here if you need it: 

Edited by WoofMcMoose
Added link

15 hours ago, WoofMcMoose said:

Looks like a good start! I've recently begun a C70 build too,  though so far just have a triangle and 3 half finished engines. I may well borrow some of your techniques. What is the overall length and how are you planning to shape the salon pod?

Great reference material here if you need it: 

Hi.

Many thanks for the additional reference material.

I also have made some blueprints to prepare the pieces for the ship as you can see on the attached pictures:

181BA748-BA34-4795-9874-FAF458B092B5_zps

9DD7837A-C264-4939-9D83-19D4FAEDF794_zps

49E5A86A-1B24-4D2A-86AB-409E4B5C33CA_zps

The C70 you can see on the picture has a length aproximately of 33 cm the overall length is about 35 to 40 cm, I have fix all the parts together, make the canopy as well as the antena and front canon, so provably it should reach this length.

Depending the salon pod, normally I use to work with caps but this time this size is to small to use them, so what I do is work with acetate sheets and a thicker plasticard or wood sheets for making the circumferences of the pod.

I prepare two circumferences of about 2cm radius and another two more circumferences slightly bigger, I made them with wood and the sides with acetate film, then I cover them with green milliput putty and sand it down once is dry, to give a more homogeneous finish, finally what I do is some details with a burning graver and the green putty I used before.

The work is simillar with the rest of the pieces.

6 hours ago, Barry Harker said:

Looks FANTASTIC so far !

great job,

Must admit, I haven't seen anyone build a scale model using balsa wood. unusual choice, but it seems to work well for you.

Looking forward to seeing how your model progresses.:D

All the best,

Barry.

Indeed, Balsa wood is only for the frame, most of the parts (the visible ones) are made with putty and acetate sheets.

The idea is to prevent the excessive use of putty when I prepare the basic structure, this makes the kit lighter and that makes it takes less deformities during the built...

More pictures about the C70:

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/Decanmabu/5AF3523B-4A4E-4059-9D5E-B1970B48BACE_zpstxjnyeaf.jpeg

FCAF5952-78F2-420D-B14B-959E7F36F48F_zps

9101FDC1-B0C5-4A20-AA9F-44AF62D7E533_zps

0B8B572D-50D8-4550-9715-9683AA18C82A_zps

2E2A8EB5-A635-40B3-8399-BC2634299114_zps

On this one I’m trying to test a new impulision unit, but seems to be too big... ...for the moment...

Edited by Decan Mabu