Jump to content
dpb1298

Some New Spoilers

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Amanal said:

Yikes odd numbers here and colours with Kylo.

That Crystal Ball in a mono-blue deck is dangerous.

Just posted about it and Coven in Palp. Crystal being a decent replacement for Cron, if your wanting to avoid Rend, and Coven adding just that little bit more damage to the deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing with Talzin and Coven is that if you're running them, you probably build your deck to have a high hit rate for them. So their actual effectiveness restricts deckbuilding more than being particularly random. However I'm not sure they are really worth it at this stage. Talzin is 'fine', but she's absolutely filler and not worth building around - if the theme ends up working she's pretty decent, otherwise she's still a 9/12 Blue filler character so may be worth it if anyway even if she's not hitting her ability all the time.

Coven I think is pretty meh - the damage goes on the character that rolled the blank (and they've got to roll it, no turning), then you potentially randomly fail anyway, but if you don't you get...one damage. The timing is good, but it's still like a Backup Muscle that doesn't degrade, but randomly doesn't work and isn't unblockable.

Crystal Ball is fine, I guess, but probably doesn't do enough for it's cost. Being able to look at a deck is pretty useless without the ability to effect it, as you only really care if you're playing the Nightsister theme in which case you've presumably built your deck in such a way that you've got a pretty good idea it'll be odd anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Abyss said:

Talzin is 'fine', but she's absolutely filler and not worth building around - if the theme ends up working she's pretty decent, otherwise she's still a 9/12 Blue filler character so may be worth it if anyway even if she's not hitting her ability all the time.

I would object about her being a "filler"  She is 9HP , decent dice (with 2 damage sides), cheap character that may even bring a bouns of blanking that crucial dice. eTalzine/Ebala/FOST really sounds like scary deck with that rainbow mitigation its gonna have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

interesting.

I could see an eKylo/eTalzin deck being a thing.
Also she doesnt specify opponent. You can the Crystal Ball on Kylo for yourself to verify the odd cost so you can use Talzin on yourself to get a die mod if you rolled badly. Or do the same to ensure you can screw over a high value die on your opponent's dice.

Big question is would it be better to go weapon or ability focus? Kylo has 3 melee on his dice, but Talzin has no resource costs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

interesting.

I could see an eKylo/eTalzin deck being a thing.
Also she doesnt specify opponent. You can the Crystal Ball on Kylo for yourself to verify the odd cost so you can use Talzin on yourself to get a die mod if you rolled badly. Or do the same to ensure you can screw over a high value die on your opponent's dice.

Big question is would it be better to go weapon or ability focus? Kylo has 3 melee on his dice, but Talzin has no resource costs.

I'm thinking eGrevious/eTalzin with a bunch of 3 cost Lightsabers and 1 cost mitigation to guarantee a hit when activate and target yourself to turn the grevious die.  Wish grevious didn't have a resource cost to do the 3 damage. I really want to see him work 

Edited by Finnish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Finnish said:

I'm thinking eGrevious/eTalzin with a bunch of 3 cost Lightsabers and 1 cost mitigation to guarantee a hit when activate and target yourself to turn the grevious die.  Wish grevious didn't have a resource cost to do the 3 damage. I really want to see him work 

Imperial HQ helps him a lot
As does electrostaff (which is sadly an even cost)

My main issue with him is i swear to god every time i use him i go against an ability deck or worse yet no upgrade deck. Dont even care if im against a deck using guns as i'll just swap the upgrade out, essentially getting free resources when i kill someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, tunewalker said:

The battle droids both Look real, and yet feel unreal lol

As if they were not computer generated in the first place... CGI battle!

1 hour ago, Plymouthdean86 said:

Finn is about to get good

It will, it will! Oops, they released an infinitely better version... too late awakening finn!

Chak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

Drudge Work is actually a legitamitely good card in a quintuple Battle Droid deck! And that Seperatist Landing Craft is arguably even better than Endless Ranks! 

I'd much rather spend 5 resources in 1 action to get the strongest non unique out than 4 resources in 3 actions to get out the weakest nonunique. I think if you're using that support it's not because of its special side but because you want its die in your pool, the special is just icing or a last resort panic button. Also you better hope your opponent doesn't have cunning, that's a real quick 12 damage swing for only a die (and the 2 resources but your opponent loses 2 resources from their board via the support leaving).

Drudge work will indeed be awesome along with aftermath and attrition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SwagonBallZ said:

I'd much rather spend 5 resources in 1 action to get the strongest non unique out than 4 resources in 3 actions to get out the weakest nonunique. I think if you're using that support it's not because of its special side but because you want its die in your pool, the special is just icing or a last resort panic button. Also you better hope your opponent doesn't have cunning, that's a real quick 12 damage swing for only a die (and the 2 resources but your opponent loses 2 resources from their board via the support leaving).

Drudge work will indeed be awesome along with aftermath and attrition.

I meant that the landing craft is better than Endless Ranks if you’re running all Battle Droids anyway. Also, not sure, but I’m pretty sure if you use Cunning on someone else’s landing craft, they get the droid (FFG will probably pick this option to avoid weird interactions and NPEs going forward). The devs have been pretty random on their rulings about things interacting with Cunning.

Edited by Kieransi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kieransi said:

I meant that the landing craft is better than Endless Ranks if you’re running all Battle Droids anyway. Also, not sure, but I’m pretty sure if you use Cunning on someone else’s landing craft, they get the droid. The devs have been pretty random on their rulings about things interacting with Cunning.

Not really random, the target card is yours for the duration of Cunning's special resolving. "Your" in the card text then points to the player resolving Cunning and that same player will get a little droid friend and then discard the support. 

I think the question will be whether or not a hero team can have a battle droid on their side, either through Finn or through Cunning. Sounds like the rules are there for only deckbuilding and that you could theoretically add a droid to your team dynamically but who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...