unxbr3akabl3

Atst confirmed at launch!

Using "luke" is 55mm (from the sorastro vid comments, mind you i don't think anyone clarified if his saber was included in that @Sorastro ) and luke being the same size/a little shorter than vader.......

Eyeballing that puts that atst at around 3 1/2 -4 vaders or `~200-250mm tall if the shot is to scale

EIDT: Just did the math and that roughly fits with the "full scale" 1:50-1:46 we estimate (based on wookiepedia's dimensions of 9.5m tall it should be 190-225mm +base)

Edited by Ralgon

There's something a little off about that picture. Look at the stands. They're at different angles, making the AT-ST look like its about to tip forward.

Also, they seem to be photographed from different distances: the lens distorts the image the closer you get to the subject unless you have a lens that compensates for that, which makes me think the AT-ST looks larger than it should.

And whoever edited the pic together wasn't likely to bring out their measuring stick and calculator to be all too precise. "Close enough" was probably the order of the day.

A better comparison from Heavy unit to figure would probably be what was posted from Essen:

FB_IMG_1509018590710.jpg.2da2cad5d9d3e9808f30251400f10555.jpg22885897_10154856461567143_3516743803949

5 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

There's something a little off about that picture. Look at the stands. They're at different angles, making the AT-ST look like its about to tip forward.

Also, they seem to be photographed from different distances: the lens distorts the image the closer you get to the subject unless you have a lens that compensates for that, which makes me think the AT-ST looks larger than it should.

And whoever edited the pic together wasn't likely to bring out their measuring stick and calculator to be all too precise. "Close enough" was probably the order of the day.

A better comparison from Heavy unit to figure would probably be what was posted from Essen:

FB_IMG_1509018590710.jpg.2da2cad5d9d3e9808f30251400f10555.jpg22885897_10154856461567143_3516743803949

Even that pic is 2 1/2-3  vaders + perspective and potential glass case distortion issues. Holding my opinion (at this point) there's no sliding scale at work, at the very least......

Edited by Ralgon