vitasmortis

Armada Fleet Builder app for iOS

Thanks again for all your work on this! I continue to use it (too much). The new sorting options, and having the obstacle rules and such included have been a huge improvement in our play space where I play.  Thanks for continuing to keep this thing updated!

Hmmmm. My app has added the RitR cards. Have you tried ending the task on your phone so it has to restart completely? There was awhile there where the 'updating ##%' came up several times in a week.

Lately I've had a few images that don't come up in the app, but all the information is there.

Also, I have a few typos (particularly in the RitR cards) that I plan to send to @vitasmortis .

19 hours ago, Darth Sanguis said:

My app hasn't added the Rebellion in the Rim upgrades yet, are those in the works?

If you have it set to only display upgrades in your collection, be sure to update your collection to include a copy of RitR.

Just checking on this.  Any word on an update for this app?  I'd be happy to assist in any way I can (I'm not a programmer, but I can help proof text and point out a few minor text errors I have seen on various upgrades, etc.).  A few of images for some of the cards have strangely "disappeared" since the last update (such as Boosted Comms).  Thanks for the app in any case - it's awesome!

On 1/15/2020 at 11:27 PM, Packerman29 said:

@vitasmortis  any update to the app soon?  Been a few months. 

Has anyone heard from Vitasmortis? I believe  several of us have reached out but gotten no reply. His Armada and Legion apps are the best! Hate to see them slip away. I’ve seen offers to help. 

5 minutes ago, drail14me said:

Has anyone heard from Vitasmortis? I believe  several of us have reached out but gotten no reply. His Armada and Legion apps are the best! Hate to see them slip away. I’ve seen offers to help. 

I think he was handed a cease and desist order. Not sure. But that’s the general consensus. 

16 hours ago, Packerman29 said:

I think he was handed a cease and desist order. Not sure. But that’s the general consensus. 

Why would he get a C&D yet other list builders are still up and running? And if he’d gotten a C&D then wouldn’t the apps be taken down from the Apple App Store? 

Edited by drail14me

On 2/13/2020 at 3:27 PM, Packerman29 said:

That's just a rumor.

The Armada Fleet Builder was released 2 years ago. It seems unlikely it would be available on iOS for that long, then get shut down a few months ago. A C&D would presumably come from FFG or Asmodee, but why would they have a problem with the app? It's not like there's an official Armada fleet builder app developed by FFG that costs $.

Considering that the current versions of both the Armada and Legion list builder apps are 4 months old, it's more likely that the app dev is busy and simply hasn't had time to update either app. They're both free apps, so maybe the app dev is currently working on a paid app this time, which would obviously take priority.

I just got an update notice for the app from the App Store today that said it added Wave 8. Don’t see the two new ships but it’s nice to see an update. Might want to check and see what all updated in it. Glad to see it. 

2 hours ago, drail14me said:

I just got an update notice for the app from the App Store today that said it added Wave 8. Don’t see the two new ships but it’s nice to see an update. Might want to check and see what all updated in it. Glad to see it. 

Yay!

Except I’ve now updated and it crashes when it tries to load.  😞

@drail14me, yes, that worked on my iPad.  And Starhawks are now in the app.  However, the bad news is that it wiped all of my fleet data in the app in doing that, so I'm not going to do that on my iPhone as I have a zillion fleets with stats that I don't want to lose.  So, I guess I'll have to wait until @vitasmortis is able to correct the issue.

Latest update fixes that crash, thanks @vitasmortis! All my precious fleets are still there :)

I can’t add a Superweapon to the Onager Testbed, though.

I also noticed that every ship has “Defence Tokens: none”, whether viewing a ship from a fleet list or just from the list of ships. Squads don’t have that problem.