vitasmortis

Armada Fleet Builder app for iOS

I recently made a Fleet building app for iOS, and just released a massive new update with a ton of new features. I know that some of the fantastic web apps have mobile support, but I wanted a native one. Also, I really loved the awesome Aurora iOS app for X-wing so I pretty much based the layout on that. 

All the data came in from a number of different sources, so please let me know if there are any errors. It was a LOT of data to process! 

Features:
- Create and manage Rebel or Imperial fleet lists
- Assign upgrade cards to ships
- Manage squadrons and Objective cards
- Filter expansions, ships, squadrons, upgrades, and objectives by personal collection when building fleets
- All card details available for reference
- All waves and expansion contents for reference
- Fleet building rules are applied automatically
- Includes all waves up to Wave 6
- Wave 7 added soon!

I have been slowly adding more features and there are a lot more that I want to add over the coming months. Here's what I still have on the list so far for future features:

- iPad support
- Syncing across devices via iCloud
- Copy an entire fleet to modify
- Searching reference cards
- Sorting lists and ships
- Win/Loss/Tie history for fleets
- Import/Export lists in format compatible with other list builders

Obviously feedback, comments, and new feature ideas are much appreciated!

Fly safe out there! 

Aurora is definitely a good benchmark to follow, and the app looks good so far! I did have a few suggestions though:

- Unless I'm missing it, there needs a way to duplicate ships.

- Using the +/- to duplicate squads is a little tedious. Need to press "+" every time to increase by one in the little pop-up menu. It would be nicer to just have +/- buttons without the pop-up menu.

- Currently takes 2 steps to add an upgrade cards to a ship. Step 1 is selecting from the list, then step 2 is pressing "Add". I know Aurora does it in one step by including more card details in the list.

Thanks for the feedback! The latest update should have the ability to duplicate a ship by swiping left, and it also replaces the squadron increase/decrease with a normal menu. Great point on adding upgrade cards to ships too. I'll add that to the list!

Edited by vitasmortis

@vitasmortis Great app! Though I did notice that the defense retrofit added by Minister Tua doesn't allow me to select an upgrade, could be a bug?

I would love a simplified list export and a way to move ships up and down the list! 

I'm so glad to finally have an Armada app on IOS!!! Thanks so much for your work!

I e managed to find a reliable glitch but I can’t pin down which addition does it. I’m trying to flesh out a 500  point CC fleet. 

MC30 Torp/Admonition/OE/APT/Cracken

MC30 Torp/OE/APT

MC30 Torp/OE/APT

MC30 Torp/OE/APT

Transport

Transport

Corran, Rogue Squad, Dagger, Dutch, Dash, 3x YT1300, HWK, VCX 

It reliably crashes when I build the list, but I haven’t pinned down what exactly triggers the crash. And I do realize it goes over 500 points, but this was what I was trying to enter

Hi Church14, 

Thanks for letting me know! Can you let me know what iOS version and phone you are using?  I have been trying to reproduce it using the debugger but haven't been able to get it to crash yet. 

Can you also verify that you are using the latest version? I just put out an additional update with some bug fixes, but nothing to do with crashes so this is kinda worrying. 

Hi,

first of all, thanks for your huge dedication to bring us this app, I like it a lot, I only miss one feature, the possibility to export the lists to share on Telegram/whatsapp any program of chatting.

Thanks and continue bringing us this marvellous app.

17 hours ago, Sharego said:

Hi,

first of all, thanks for your huge dedication to bring us this app, I like it a lot, I only miss one feature, the possibility to export the lists to share on Telegram/whatsapp any program of chatting.

Thanks and continue bringing us this marvellous app.

+1!

A "text" export would be the cherry on the cake, but man thanks for such a great app!

Y’ALL NEED THIS!!!! 

Thank you, thank you, thank you @vitasmortis.  I’ve been watching the dev over the last month or so and i love what I see so far.  I’ve provided input via the website and your responsiveness is awesome!  I can’t wait for the collection feature to get completed, thanks for that!  I’m about to drop battlescribe and go fully over.  A minor addition I’d like to see is an ability to sort fleet lists by alphabetical order, cost, or manually.  Currently, they stack in the order they were created.  If i had to pick one, I’d prefer alphabetical order please.  Love the graphics and other easy reference items!!!  Great job and thanks in advance for the upcoming improvements.

Thanks again for all the kind words everyone! 

@WGNF911 That's strange that you still arent seeing the collections in the list. It should all be there in the latest update. That usually means there was a network issue trying to update the database. I have another build to submit to Apple for review tonight or tomorrow with much better error handling though, so if you are still having problems after this next update, we will at least know exactly what the issue is. 

I also added in a text export feature since so many people are asking for it :)

Next up is sorting fleets and ship/squadrons in lists, plus searching the card reference lists! 

@vitasmortis I've been using your app A LOT lately. Thanks so much for sharing.

Two bugs that I thought I'd pass on to you:

1. You cannot have more than 12 items (ships/squad types) in your list without causing a crash when deleting or re-opening the list. The list then remains un-openable. (That would explain @Church14's bug above.

2. Tycho is considered non-unique.

Thanks again. I've really enjoyed the speed and non-internet-requiredness of your app. The text export has been great for talking fleets with my regionals "training partner".

I'm on an iPhone5 and my iOS is 11.1.2   It is pretty consistent an error on my phone, but not a show stopper because I rarely have lists with that many activations. :)

I really like the errata/clarifications included right with the traits/objectives/etc. That was a great touch.

Wow that was a tricky bug to fix, but I have it sorted now and it is waiting for review from Apple. Hopefully it gets in before their holiday break. :)

Thanks again @deDios for spotting that! Also, I cant imagine even trying to play a list with 12+ activations!

Edited by vitasmortis