Sign in to follow this  
fjw70

Melee weapons and soak

Form what was shown at Gencon can anyone's answers these questions for Genesys?

-- Are melee weapons still Brawn + X? Or do that have fixed damage amounts?

-- Is there anything like D&D's finesse for melee weapons (I.e. ability to use Agility for some melee attacks)?

-- Is soak basically unchanged from FFG Star Wars?

10 hours ago, Direach said:

Also looks like the upper limit for melee weapons is Brawn+5, possibly Brawn+6. The big two-handed hammer that does Brawn+5 is Inaccurate 1, though, so there's a price to pay for heavy damage potential.

That speed bump really didn't slow Alys down too much from annihilating anything she really wanted to hit in any of the sessions I ran... ;)

More often it kept her from critting or activating qualities.

DarthGM, I'm sure this has been asked already, but are the Gencon materials available to the general public yet?  I've seen the playtest report with some pics of character records, but that was it.  I'd love to run my group though the playtest if I could get my hands on it!

3 hours ago, DarthGM said:

It's not available to the general public yet.

I mean, I went home with a copy and it doesn't SAY I can't share it, but I'd prefer to err on the side of caution given my, the show's, and the station's relationship with FFG.

Totally understandable, though disappointing that they can't at least put the stuff out there that a select few who aren't under NDA have already seen and talked about.  Again it feels like they're being way too secretive at a time when they should be previewing the crap out of the system, and nothing previews better than a playtest built from the latest rules (and frankly if there were changes, they should be reflected in a new version of the playtest).