Sign in to follow this  
Luner_Eclipse

Is the jm5k dead?

Not even close. Torp Boats, yeah. JM5K is forever.

Try it with Cad Bane/proxies/scavenger crane. A bombing scout that turns into a blocker. Attanni it to supply focus tokens to Talonbane Cobra or Fenn.

98pts: TalManFenn

5470607.png

I have to agree they are not going anywhere. They don’t have the same roll they did but they are far from dead. I’ve already seen new ways to use Dengar, thanks to @wurms you see a new manaroo build. Be sure there will be some people so put off by the lack of Uberness to no play it for something the see as better. That doesn’t mean the ship is neutered or dead or going anywhere it’s still on of the best ships for its points.

I think a lot of people are going to day it's dead, but thats just because we all need to adjust to not having torpedo strike builds be the exclusive setups for JM5K. Thats the problem, is that when the community thinks of the JM5K at the moment, they think of the U-Boat scare of last year, and then the whole Manaroo scare, and now the whole Dengar scare, and thats the only three things that come to mind. 

Now we have to think of things besides those and torpedo scout builds to actually use the JM5K for.