Pooleman

K-Wings are back.

11 hours ago, Marinealver said:

TLTs have yet to be nerfed. But I wouldn't invest in them for long.

If Advanced SLAM has been reprinted with the new text, but TLT hasn't been touched, thenI wouldn't expect a TLT nerf to be coming for some time unless they get completely out of hand and start dominating every major tournament.

Edited by FTS Gecko

18 hours ago, Marinealver said:

TLTs have yet to be nerfed. But I wouldn't invest in them for long.

TLT'S value won't change until a nerf does actually happen so I still consider them a solid purchase. As far as K-wings are concerned, they are still solid bombers without slam, and the only real option for an ordnance gunboat in the Rebel camp. They still have a strong place in the game. I think they might fall off for a little (Miranda won't) and then have a resurgence once the Resistance bomber is released.

14 hours ago, the1hodgy said:

TLT to me is only  a problem in multiples (excluding Miranda (even then not so much)). x1 fine, x2 annoying but manageable, x3 urgh x4 please let this end faster.  

I agree. I think if it ever does get nerfed, it will become a unique upgrade. Seems the easiest nerf to implement without destroying the card.

Edited by BVRCH

1 hour ago, BVRCH said:

the only real option for an ordnance gunboat in the Rebel camp. They still have a strong place in the game. I think they might fall off for a little (Miranda won't) and then have a resurgence once the Resistance bomber is released.

What?  "Fall off"?  Non-Miranda K-wings were destroyed by the AdvSLAM nerf.  We already never saw them except as spoilers ... now we will simply never see them.  Why in the world would they "resurge"?  AdvSLAM was their advantage, and it's been nuked.

Y-wings, for the points, are better ordnance carriers and better TLT platforms.  They're arguably now just as good at the bomber role, with the exception of not being able to (themselves) carry Sabine.

1 hour ago, BVRCH said:

TLT'S value won't change until a nerf does actually happen so I still consider them a solid purchase. As far as K-wings are concerned, they are still solid bombers without slam, and the only real option for an ordnance gunboat in the Rebel camp. They still have a strong place in the game. I think they might fall off for a little (Miranda won't) and then have a resurgence once the Resistance bomber is released.

I agree. I think if it ever does get nerfed, it will become a unique upgrade. Seems the easiest nerf to implement without destroying the card.

But the screams from forums and reddits, they want the card destroyed. They have said Lord Soontir demands it!:P

1 hour ago, PanchoX1 said:

the latest k-wing reprints started going out on the 18th. they'll be everywhere by the end of the week.

Hey Pancho! Can you suggest me a place to get mine (onilne, in SF or NY) Please! Been looking to add this expansion but couldn't get mine yet...

2 hours ago, Jeff Wilder said:

What?  "Fall off"?  Non-Miranda K-wings were destroyed by the AdvSLAM nerf.  We already never saw them except as spoilers ... now we will simply never see them.  Why in the world would they "resurge"?  AdvSLAM was their advantage, and it's been nuked.

Y-wings, for the points, are better ordnance carriers and better TLT platforms.  They're arguably now just as good at the bomber role, with the exception of not being able to (themselves) carry Sabine.

The way I see it they are still leagues ahead of the Y-wing in terms of ordnance carriers. They can carry EM with missiles and torps, have 2 bomb slots and therefore access to bomblet generator, and they still have the ability to slam out of dodge when needed. The Y-wing can only take a max of 2 bombs OR 2 torps with EM, which isn't even close to the K-wings potential of 2 torps, 2 missiles, and 6 bombs with EM and Sabine.

I'm already entertaining a list with 2 Wardens and Crimson Leader utilizing harpoon missiles in conjunction with 'Rattled'. I'm not saying they're going to be meta killers, but I still think they will see a resurgence in the game. Adv. slam was definitely a huge advantage, but I don't agree that the nerf was the nail in the coffin that a lot of people are saying it is.

11 hours ago, BVRCH said:

The way I see it they are still leagues ahead of the Y-wing in terms of ordnance carriers. They can carry EM with missiles and torps, have 2 bomb slots and therefore access to bomblet generator, and they still have the ability to slam out of dodge when needed. The Y-wing can only take a max of 2 bombs OR 2 torps with EM, which isn't even close to the K-wings potential of 2 torps, 2 missiles, and 6 bombs with EM and Sabine.

What you've shown isn't that K-wings are better ordnance carriers.  You've shown that they can carry a lot more ordnance ... which means a lot more points.  Luckily it's all protected behind 1 extra HP.

I don't agree that the nerf was the nail in the coffin that a lot of people are saying it is.

That's fine, of course.  But just be honest with yourself and set a threshold for when you will agree that the nerf killed them.  Otherwise your protestations against pronouncing them dead are disingenuous.

On 2017-10-27 at 5:01 PM, Nyxen said:

You still get 1 degenerate K-Wing, it just gets a stress afterwords.

And missile Miranda is still a pretty good option... You also get added flexibility if you dont SLAM by being able to take an action + drop a bomb (at the cost of a stress). Overall IMO shes still a strong option.

Edited by Thormind

55 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

Haha! Gotta love that official FFG image hosting. That picture is almost as illegible as the spoiler article card spreads! :P

LOL. 10KB isn’t a very large pic. But the changes were applied to the new reprints. So that’s good.