Oldpara

Parattanni FAQ 4.4 version

If you wonder if Parattanni still exists in post FAQ 4.4 reality may I present you Parattanni 3.0:

Asajj + Attanni Mindlink, Latts Razzi

Contracted Scout + Attanni Mindlink

Fenn Rau + PTL, title, Autothrusters

100 pts. 

I think it's  pretty solid. Maybe not tier0 like original design (with unnerfed Manaroo) nor tier1 like version 2.0 (with Scout, Intel Agent and Rigged Cargo) but it has some legs. 

Maybe I'll fly it from time to time ;)

12 minutes ago, Stay On The Leader said:

I think it's hit the point where it might be better to unhitch from Attani as Asajj likes PTL as well.  

Better with PTL Asajj and a TLT Y-Wing?

For sure there are better options now, but the topic was just to point that this exact configuration (Attanni Lancer/Jm5k/Protectorate) isn't completely dead despite numerous nerfs :)

I don't like PTL Asajj much as she's too predictable moving almost only speed3 greens and second stress kilks her actions completely. But it's still powerful ship ofc.  

20 minutes ago, vbananas said:

I think that running a list with Fenn, Asajj, and some other ship just can't be called Parratanni anymore, unfortunately.

I think as long it's Attanni squad and third ship is Contracted Scout it's  nothing wrong about the name. I agree with third ship other than Scout it's whole different story. 

5 minutes ago, Oldpara said:

I don't like PTL Asajj much as she's too predictable moving almost only speed3 greens and second stress kilks her actions completely. But it's still powerful ship ofc.  

Fair.

5 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

I'd say Fenn is the one who most wants to be Mindlinked to the Scout, personally.  Assaj wants to be able to independently focus/evade, whereas Fenn can manage with just a focus token if he needs to.

And Fenn is the one who folds over if he's ever bumped without a focus token, which Attani always guaranteed he got.

Given both the above points it may be better Mindlinking Fenn & Asajj to each other and just bringing in a third ship.  Could be a Scout, could be Palob, could be anything.

Edited by Stay On The Leader

6 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

I'd say Fenn is the one who most wants to be Mindlinked to the Scout, personally.  Assaj wants to be able to independently focus/evade, whereas Fenn can manage with just a focus token if he needs to.

I think it's matter of taste :)

With Attanni Asajj and PTL Fenn you are much more maneuverable as Assaj have double actions moving with low speed as well not only high speed (green3) and Fenn has double reposition. 

With PTL Asajj is more predictable abd easy to double stress, but Fenn is probably more survivable as he has focus even after bump. 

I would say power level its comparable, and choice should depends on preferred play style. 

Just now, Oldpara said:

I think it's matter of taste :)

With Attanni Asajj and PTL Fenn you are much more maneuverable as Assaj have double actions moving with low speed as well not only high speed (green3) and Fenn has double reposition. 

With PTL Asajj is more predictable abd easy to double stress, but Fenn is probably more survivable as he has focus even after bump. 

I would say power level its comparable, and choice should depends on preferred play style. 

Yup, I'd concur.

It will also depend on the opposing list, to some extent.  If Fenn's got the PS advantage, he probably wants PTL as he's likely to be your endgame ship.

If he doesn't, Assaj probably wants PTL for the same reason.

Don't you just put Manaroo back in with a Rigged Cargo Chute and run her close.  She can still pass her focus over into the other two?

• Asajj Ventress - Attani Mindlink, Latts Razzi (40)
  • Fenn Rau - Attani Mindlink, Concord Dawn Protector, Autothrusters (32)
  • Manaroo - Trick Shot, Black Market Slicer Tools, Cikatro Vizago (28)

That looks right.  Balls, I wish I'd packed that into my bag this morning instead of Guri/Fenn/Scout.

Edited by Stay On The Leader

1 minute ago, Stay On The Leader said:

Don't you just put Manaroo back in with a Rigged Cargo Chute and run her close.  She can still pass her focus over into the other two?

It leaves you with only 4  actions per squad (3 if Manaroo is outside r1 or uses Rigged Cargo) and tokenless Manaroo. With 2 Attanni and 1 PTL you got 5 actions per squad and youre less predictable as focus factory can be enywhere not in r1. 

But leaving Fenn more predictable and fragile to bumps, while ensuring a focus on your weakest and least effective ship (the scout).

I think we're circling around the fact that the squad now definitely has a big hole in it with only 2 Mindlinks, and it's just player choice which is the big hole they prefer to leave.

PTL would work almost better on Asajj and Attani Mindlink on Fenn Rau.

I have been playing with 2 Attani Mindlinks "only" in my mind for long time now. I kinda anticipate that upcoming change. 

Fenn Rau with stress  is not very nimble anymore, he needs those 1 turns and they are not green and that makes me feel that it is better off without PTL. 

23 minutes ago, Stay On The Leader said:

• Asajj Ventress - Attani Mindlink, Latts Razzi (40)
  • Fenn Rau - Attani Mindlink, Concord Dawn Protector, Autothrusters (32)
  • Manaroo - Trick Shot, Black Market Slicer Tools, Cikatro Vizago (28)

That looks right.  Balls, I wish I'd packed that into my bag this morning instead of Guri/Fenn/Scout.

I must admit it looks cool! 

I played this version yesterday at my local game store, to good effect :)

I flew Fenn and the scout Close together, and had asajj flanking.

JumpMaster 5000: Contracted Scout (25)
     Trick Shot (0)
     Tactical Jammer (1)
     Intelligence Agent (1)
     Rigged Cargo Chute (1)
Lancer-class Pursuit Craft: · Asajj Ventress (37)
     Attanni Mindlink (1)
     · Latts Razzi (2)
Protectorate Starfighter: · Fenn Rau (28)
     Attanni Mindlink (1)
     Autothrusters (2)
     Concord Dawn Protector (1)
-- TOTAL ------- 100/100p. --

Edited by Fippo

57 minutes ago, IG88E said:

Paratanni is dead. Trying to bring it back frantically is embarrassing ;)

Fenn, Asajj and a scout are still 3 super efficient ships, and so long as you can fit all of them in a list it will be somewhat viable. Lots of other top tier lists are going to disappear so the bar isn't as high.

Personally, I'd put PTL on Asajj over Fenn (so she can move her arc and evade if she needs to), but I think the right choice will depend on how the meta turns out. If aces come back then we might see a return of Hotshot/Gunner, which could never really break through the token stack of the original Parattanni, and Fenn needs the double focus more than Asajj.

On 10/27/2017 at 10:21 AM, Oldpara said:

For sure there are better options now, but the topic was just to point that this exact configuration (Attanni Lancer/Jm5k/Protectorate) isn't completely dead despite numerous nerfs :)

I'm pretty sure that was the intention. 

On 10/27/2017 at 9:59 AM, Zazaa said:

PTL would work almost better on Asajj and Attani Mindlink on Fenn Rau.

I have been playing with 2 Attani Mindlinks "only" in my mind for long time now. I kinda anticipate that upcoming change. 

Fenn Rau with stress  is not very nimble anymore, he needs those 1 turns and they are not green and that makes me feel that it is better off without PTL. 

On 10/27/2017 at 9:49 AM, Stay On The Leader said:

But leaving Fenn more predictable and fragile to bumps, while ensuring a focus on your weakest and least effective ship (the scout).

I think we're circling around the fact that the squad now definitely has a big hole in it with only 2 Mindlinks, and it's just player choice which is the big hole they prefer to leave.

I'd agree. Whoever you stick with Push The Limit has a problem with stress and bumping - but Fenn seems more vulnerable to 'one-turn-without-actions' to me because one turn with no tokens at range 2 can realistically kill him stone dead, whilst you'd likely give up 1/2 points on Assaj, tops,  in the same situation, and because he wants to be up close and in your face where risking bumping is quite likely. Assaj by comparison is generally trying to fly at range 2 broadside on to the enemy, so speed 3 moves aren't such a big deal.

The only way you can feed both of them tokens easily is with Manaroo but that in turn requires throwing your mindlink buddy into the middle of a dogfight, which could result in both ships losing their support early.

On 10/27/2017 at 2:16 AM, IG88E said:

Paratanni is dead. Trying to bring it back frantically is embarrassing ;)

1 hour ago, Stay On The Leader said:

A quote for the ages.

NErf them, Nerf Them ALL!!!

JM5K Dial Errata and Dengar is now PS8!!!!! Kill the Toilet Seat.

I feel that if you mindlink asajj and Fenn together, you're better off with a third closer rather than a jumpmaster.

It's not paratanni anymore, but it regains your triple threat - else you can generally afford to leave the PS3, att2 generic for last.

If he's a focus factory, well, great, but yeah, you have to choose which poor sod is stuck with PTL. I kinda feel Fenn Rau needs his 1 hards and bump proofing for the range 1 knife fighting more than asajj loses stuck on green 3s, especially given she can fly like a turret and run and shoot if she really needs to when facing a blocker, but that's possibly just me.