Shadow345

Has X-Wing been saved?

??? 

Umm... unless there's been a major change in the last 24 hours, the punishing one title didn't get erratad. No mech, no torps, period. Just added die result.

but back to the original sith post, to early, to much salt.

Edited by FlyingAnchors

1 minute ago, GrimmyV said:

GUNSHIP doesn’t get released.  GUNSHIP explodes into action after jumping into the thick of battle, and then SHE releases a universe of **** on the Rebel Scum.

Save some excitement for the actual release, Grimmy. You'll be all shouted out by the time it actually shows up.

34 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

If you think Jumpmasters have been removed from the meta I got a sandbox on Tatooine Jaku to sell you.

This is a good thing. They should still have a place.  Just... not always at the top for over a year in multiple variants...

1 hour ago, SabineKey said:

I think it's been put on a brighter path. A new shadow will eventually come, but such is life. 

I'm afraid the next shadow is Adv Sensors PTL Kyloceptor. Jesus that thing is going to be a nightmare to fly against. I'm all for giving Imps love, but I'm worried that's way too much in the 'cancer' category. I'd like Imps to have some 'blank slate' ships with lots of upgrade slots that can be built in a variety of ways, and perhaps some Imp only type of upgrade. Kylo is going to be NPE to the extreme I'm afraid.

Gunboat however looks fun as **** and decently balanced to boot. Going to be good, but not too good.

I am a very causal player, who has spent more money on this game then I care to admit.  I definitely won't tell my wife. Is someone going to reprint all these cards that are now incorrect.  It is a pain in the --- to figure out which cards are good and which cards are bad.  It's fine to clarify rules, provide timing guides etcetera, but the cards on the table are what we have to look at and I don't want to constantly have to look up what a card should say. FFG should probably play test the expansions more to see how these cards interact with all ships before they produce them.  I think x-wing retains a flaw and unfortunately that flaw is that it is a living game. 

41 minutes ago, Favoritism Flight Games said:

I'm afraid the next shadow is Adv Sensors PTL Kyloceptor. Jesus that thing is going to be a nightmare to fly against. I'm all for giving Imps love, but I'm worried that's way too much in the 'cancer' category. I'd like Imps to have some 'blank slate' ships with lots of upgrade slots that can be built in a variety of ways, and perhaps some Imp only type of upgrade. Kylo is going to be NPE to the extreme I'm afraid.

Gunboat however looks fun as **** and decently balanced to boot. Going to be good, but not too good.

I know everyone likes being scared of the boogeyman but advanced sensors ptl Kylo ends up tokenless if he gets super squirrelly. Not going to pretend it's going to be bad but 45ish points riding on no tokens and no regen seems risky. Strong? Probably. Dominating like some other things? Meh

11 minutes ago, nigeltastic said:

I know everyone likes being scared of the boogeyman but advanced sensors ptl Kylo ends up tokenless if he gets super squirrelly. Not going to pretend it's going to be bad but 45ish points riding on no tokens and no regen seems risky. Strong? Probably. Dominating like some other things? Meh

I think a lot of people are freaking out over Kylo because of Post Whisper/Soontir Stress Disorder. Yes, Kylo's going to be a shifty son of a bantha, but he's not going to dodge all of your arcs and then smack you around with a fully-modified 4-dice primary, and nor will he able to to sit back and tank what shots you do get on Focus + Focus + Evade + Autothrusters + Palp.

2 hours ago, Marinealver said:

If you think Jumpmasters have been removed from the meta I got a sandbox on Tatooine Jaku to sell you.

If Jumpmasters perform after this there won’t be a Punishing One title buff the Scumists are after.

I dont see T-65s any better, if anything, I see the Biggs Nerf as now NO real reason to even ploy a single X-Wing now. Not that the x-wing really was ever on the table even as Biggs, it was just a upgrade card for other ships.

Unless I see a Rogue Squadron T-65 Upgrade pack for the next release Im not holding my breath on "X-Wing" being saved....

1 minute ago, Zeoinx said:

I dont see T-65s any better, if anything, I see the Biggs Nerf as now NO real reason to even ploy a single X-Wing now. Not that the x-wing really was ever on the table even as Biggs, it was just a upgrade card for other ships.

Unless I see a Rogue Squadron T-65 Upgrade pack for the next release Im not holding my breath on "X-Wing" being saved....

I think OP was talking about the game X-wing and not the T-65 x-wing ship. But if anything, this nerf was the only way the developers could go if they wanted to fix the T-65 with a new release, without making Biggs even worse.

40 minutes ago, Yearfire said:

I think OP was talking about the game X-wing and not the T-65 x-wing ship. But if anything, this nerf was the only way the developers could go if they wanted to fix the T-65 with a new release, without making Biggs even worse.

No, Im well aware of the OPs intent, it was MY intent to bring it around to the T-65 itself, as it is a major flaw in the Rebel team, starting with the fact that Wedge Antillies, arguably the best pilot in the SW Universe being almost non existent in the game, along with his squadron, Rogue Squadron, Wes, Hobbie, etc.... are pretty underplayed...

Not really, the top OP NPE (Jumpmaster) has been hit hard, but it’s still good. Biggs can still be good but less so without Lowie and Rex onside too. Scum Nym has had his party trick taken away, so Nym is more or less rebel only at this point (and still good), but the “new” evils are going to be Dash/Miranda. In fact Miranda will be everywhere until TLT is no longer a thing. There’ll be a lot of Gunboat, but at this time I can’t see it being on top. 

5 hours ago, Shadow345 said:

Jumpmaster has finally been fixed for the intended as produced product of Dengar and Punishing one.

Biggs is finally going to allow some open design space for Rebel ships.

Has X-Wing been saved?

If this happened one year ago, and came with free replacement cards or a print-your-own solution then yes.

As it is, too little - too late.