Darth Nadir

What's yours is mine.

A friend of mine picked up a copy of Guns for Hire about a month ago. Apparently you could get it at a convention before it officially hit the street. Since then, he has been playing the heck out of Thweek. The games we have played have been interesting. His ability allows him to take tricks Scum was probably never meant to have access too. I'm now in the habit of being a little more careful with what I play, because there are certain abilities I just don't want to see on that guy.

When I look at the ships people are tossing around from a meta standpoint, I can't help but wonder if this guy will see tournament play. Mostly because he's flexible, and in a lot of ways he breaks the rules a bit. Dash, Dengar, Miranda's ability and Pulsed Ray Shields, and he probably wouldn't fill up more than one third of your build.

So I'd like to get everyone's opinion on whether this pilot could be a viable threat, or just an interesting gimmick.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand go!

"The dark side is strong in me, for I am Sith"

2017-10-26-21-44-41--1862869905.jpg

Long storm from short, yeah he can have a great ability but it's a small based ship, with a front firing arc at PS4. 

Would dash ash be good if he was the above and didn't have the canon?

no

the Better way to take him is with a bid and have him copy the  pilot skill of the highest ship. 

Throw on auto thrusters and and fire control system. 

Bit it now you're looking at 30 points. 

12 minutes ago, Stronghammer said:

Long storm from short, yeah he can have a great ability but it's a small based ship, with a front firing arc at PS4. 

Would dash ash be good if he was the above and didn't have the canon?

no

the Better way to take him is with a bid and have him copy the  pilot skill of the highest ship. 

Throw on auto thrusters and and fire control system. 

Bit it now you're looking at 30 points. 

30pts for a decently modified 5HP 3AGI gunship with a halfway decent dial and an automatic PS tie.

Not a bad companion for other lists, and still able to wildcard out the PS for an ability if you face a list you'd rather have it (a Fenn/Dengar list that beats your init bid, for example)

the thing with thweek in the current (pre-FAQ) meta is that he doesn't really do anything with the abilities of the most seen pilots

Miranda's ability without TLT is bleh. Dash's ability without the ridiculous ease of a turret is not nearly as good. Nyms' are literally useless.

What is useful is being PS 10 with an initiative bid to avoid bombs and have a chance in **** at hitting Dash. It's down right essentially against all of those lists if you want to run a viper.

For abilities, Biggs was the thing to copy. Imagine Biggs with thrusters and glitterstim!

Edited by ficklegreendice

32 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

the thing with thweek in the current (pre-FAQ) meta is that he doesn't really do anything with the abilities of the most seen pilots

Miranda's ability without TLT is bleh. Dash's ability without the ridiculous ease of a turret is not nearly as good. Nyms' are literally useless.

What is useful is being PS 10 with an initiative bid to avoid bombs and have a chance in **** at hitting Dash. It's down right essentially against all of those lists if you want to run a viper.

For abilities, Biggs was the thing to copy. Imagine Biggs with thrusters and glitterstim!

Nope got to nerf him, the Nerf Herders have spoken. Nerf you, Nerf Me, Nerf this game and everyone that plays it. Especially those that win, nerf them they only win because they play OP lists. 

Shame though, Serissue Bodyguard, and Biggs copycat would have been a fun combo. But the fun police have to kill everything in the name of Balance to the Force. They brought as much balance as Anikin skywalker.

282acc7429ec5f635d745adaca90028ee7aa4bc4