Sign in to follow this  
Lord Tareq

Weak point 3: rear

So we got this rule for the AT-ST, as well as I can read it this rule says "While defending, if the attacker's unit leader is inside your rear arc , the attack pool gains impact 3" In effect this causes up to 3 normal hits to cause damage despite the armor rule which normally only allows crits to do damage.

This is a very elegant solution to different armor facings we know from other tabletop wargames where each facing of a vehicle usually has a different armor value (i.e. 14 front, 12 side, 10 rear) and I like it a lot. What I don't like is how the open topped Rebel walker doesn't have this rule :P I mean the rider is exposed from all sides, it should have weak point 3: rear, side and front ^^

Edited by Lord Tareq

3 minutes ago, VAYASAN said:

Isnt this going to lead to ATSTs sat on the back of the table and not exposing rear armor?

What range do they have?

Main gun was 1-4 The half revealed one was 1-3 'Twin l(inked) Bla(ster) can(non).

Troops will take loses, but still might be able to hold objectives long enough. on a 3 ft table the will still have to come forward R1 to hit the middle, It'll be tight but the Airspeeders should be able to get in and hit the weak spot. of The AT-ST. 

On 10/27/2017 at 0:18 AM, chemnitz said:

I've been squinting at it, and I am almost sure that the card says Weak Point 1: Rear. So, the weakness as not as major as you are saying.

True, it could be 1 or 3. I'm not certain. Still, regardless of the exact number its rather odd the open topped rebel walker is rules-wise better armored that the AT-ST

14 hours ago, Lord Tareq said:

True, it could be 1 or 3. I'm not certain. Still, regardless of the exact number its rather odd the open topped rebel walker is rules-wise better armored that the AT-ST

But it has almost half the hull, correspondingly. 

It's just an abstracted way to go about it.