Sign in to follow this  
keraun0s

We need new commanders

C'mon FFG. I played with Vader in Rebellion, in IA, in xwing, in destiny... the basic troopers don't need to be that variable, but the commanders will be the face of the army. Don't you dare announce Leia, Han, and Chewie as the next commanders... Give us Kylo Ren( helmet wearing) with the sick *** unstable blade, Phasma, Krennic, saw gerrera...

10 minutes ago, keraun0s said:

C'mon FFG. I played with Vader in Rebellion, in IA, in xwing, in destiny... the basic troopers don't need to be that variable, but the commanders will be the face of the army. Don't you dare announce Leia, Han, and Chewie as the next commanders... Give us Kylo Ren( helmet wearing) with the sick *** unstable blade, Phasma, Krennic, saw gerrera...

I think you will be waiting at least another year for Resistance stuff. Possible 2 to coincide with Episode IX.

I would rather they flesh out the current period (GCW) before branching off Then release Resistance or Clone wars as 'New' cores to + new wave one to flesh out the new armies. 

15 minutes ago, papy72 said:

Phasma would be awesome, but how do you paint chrome armor?

And my personal want for the Imperial side commander: Thrawn.

There are a couple of ways to paint chrome armor.  The easiest is to just not paint chrome and instead paint the armor silver.  The medium, but still not very easy way is to get some specially made 'chrome paint' and literally chrome out the armor plates.  The hard way, likely requiring a TON of practice, is to use a sky/earth non-metallic metal effect (SENMM) to paint the model using whites, blues, tans and browns.

If we get a Phasma, I'll just paint her silver.  Dirty silver, with a good red cloak would look great on the battlefield. 

1 minute ago, Vandallorian said:

We don’t know that, though. Has there been anything that says the stuff they just previewed was everything from wave 1? 

Unless they have done that, they could still be planning on releasing more commanders. 

Runewars doesn't exactly have waves, but if they follow the same release schedule, I'd expect the next new product announcement to be a Special Forces slot and a new Commander slot for each faction.

Then again, "Commanders" are optional in Runewars.  They aren't in Legion.

Edited by KrisWall

2 minutes ago, VAYASAN said:

Still, absolutely crazy every single Legion battle for the near future will have Darth Vader facing Luke Skywalker.....

Yes, it will be a problem until they announce Generic commanders. I am hoping they do soon. And I hope there are Generic/un named/faceless options for command, because I want it to be about troops and vehicles not Vader vs Luke or even worse, Vader vs Vader/ Luke vs Luke. I can handle empire vs empire if there's options for generic commander, makes enough sense Vader trying to stop a renegade stormtrooper faction or Luke and his group coming to blows partisan rebels. 

12 minutes ago, Sk3tch said:

Yes, it will be a problem until they announce Generic commanders. I am hoping they do soon. And I hope there are Generic/un named/faceless options for command, because I want it to be about troops and vehicles not Vader vs Luke or even worse, Vader vs Vader/ Luke vs Luke. I can handle empire vs empire if there's options for generic commander, makes enough sense Vader trying to stop a renegade stormtrooper faction or Luke and his group coming to blows partisan rebels. 

Agreed in that I very much want there to be generic commanders.

It dosnt always have to be about the heroes.

Edited by VAYASAN

21 minutes ago, AussieJedi said:

Thrawn would be great. he gets better when the opponent has has a quality paint job (aka artistic skilz) on his minis.

Sabine confirmed?

2 hours ago, KrisWall said:

There are a couple of ways to paint chrome armor.  The easiest is to just not paint chrome and instead paint the armor silver.  The medium, but still not very easy way is to get some specially made 'chrome paint' and literally chrome out the armor plates.  The hard way, likely requiring a TON of practice, is to use a sky/earth non-metallic metal effect (SENMM) to paint the model using whites, blues, tans and browns.

If we get a Phasma, I'll just paint her silver.  Dirty silver, with a good red cloak would look great on the battlefield. 

Phasma's chrome wasn't particularly shiny, so a I think a silver Phasma with just some lighting effects would look pretty true to form.

Just now, svelok said:

Sabine confirmed?

Phasma's chrome wasn't particularly shiny, so a I think a silver Phasma with just some lighting effects would look pretty true to form.

sabine no, not sure, why?

10 hours ago, Sk3tch said:

Well, you can explain one of those as Luke Vs Luuke