Pumpkyre

Are Strikers good idea for nationals?

With new FAQ out, I was considering taking Imperials to nationals. And as I love flying Strikers very much, I thought about taking all 3 named strikers (unfortunately, 3 strikers are all I can get now) and adding a Doomshuttle to the mix. I took Yorr mainly because of abusing Countdown's ability as much as possible with occasional stress-less segnor for Sabacc and Duchess. 

List:

"Duchess" (23)

VI (1), LWF (2), Adaptive Ailerons (0)

"Pure Sabaac" (22)

VI (1), LWF (2), Adaptive Ailerons (0)

"Countdown" (20)

Adaptive Ailerons(0)

Captain Yorr (24)

Collision Detector (0), Darth Vader (3)

Total: 98

Now I keep remaining 2 pts for a bid, though I was considering putting tractor beam on Yorr or giving Countdown either LWF or MkII engines. 

What do you think, is that list worth a shot? Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Honestly, that looks really fun. I agree that Tractor Beam on Yorr might add even more potency: reducing the agility and Vadering is a brutal combo. The strikers are unfortunately delicate, so you'll have to fly them very carefully, but they have great potential. I'd include Ailerons on Countdown, its incredibly valuable to mess with your opponent. 

Tractor is nice for throwing your opponent onto or right behind a rock. That is all it would be good for in the list you've set up,  unfortunately. Reason being,  each of your strikers are higher PS than your shuttle,  so the agility reduction wouldn't matter. Just a main gun shot will be fine to trigger Vader,  and it might even get a little damage on the target which tractor will not do without a lucky rock roll.  Then again,  the action denial of a rock could be useful,  so it's a trade off to consider. 

Frame for Countdown would be nice,  but that init bid for Duchess and Sabacc is probably more important since CD has that damage mitigation. But in all,  it does look like a fun list. Strikers are always a blast. :)

I find the main problem with running multiple strikers in a multi-round tournament is the burn out effect. In essence you are plotting double the maneuvers with adaptive ailerons. By round 5 its hard not to make mistakes. But if you are mentally tough, go for it.