Sarone

Compatibility of Imperial Assault and Legion

27 minutes ago, ninclouse2000 said:

I played imperial assault for a few years and it never bothered me that the figures were not painted. I painted a few but was fine using unpainted stuff.   This is a game and the most important part will be the mechanics and gameplay, not how awesome the terrain looks.  Give me an official ffg playmat and a few pieces of cover and I will enjoy the game just fine.

No no no. Clearly you don't know how to have fun the right way. You can only enjoy a game properly if it's as pretty as it can possibly be. Mechanics and gameplay don't matter if your army is an eyesore of just horrible unpainted nightmare lumps of plastic. What kind of fool goes out and buys a game, made by a company known for making games, intending to play a game? That's not what games are for everyone knows that!

36 minutes ago, ninclouse2000 said:

I played imperial assault for a few years and it never bothered me that the figures were not painted. I painted a few but was fine using unpainted stuff.   This is a game and the most important part will be the mechanics and gameplay, not how awesome the terrain looks.  Give me an official ffg playmat and a few pieces of cover and I will enjoy the game just fine.

The biggest thing I find both amusing and bothersome in this thread is the seeming lack of understanding that people may enjoy different aspects of the same game. Most of the posts that use wording similar to "the most important part" forget the important phrase "to me." Opinions are different from facts and are valid if different. Someone else's do not diminish the validity of your own.

NC2K, I quoted yours simply because yours was the most recent post. Not to call you out.

4 hours ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

If you truly want to play Legion and DONT want it to fail then stop discouraging people and maybe actually teach somebody to paint or build terrain!  I have never built terrain before and in the last week I have built a house, a hill and some barrels!  

I think we are on the same side. I think all the bait and switching the community is trying to pull here is going to back fire on them. People should know what this game is before they get into it. You'll get a much healthier community if you don't start out with a bunch of negativity due to people spending a lot of money on something they didn't understand. They are going to want to build a house and a hill and some barrels. If they know this, that is great and it will help build a healthier community which is needed for this game to succeed. It is when they buy into this game not knowing all this stuff that problems arise. So yes, it is a good idea to teach people what to expect before they get into this game.

BTW a lot of people passed on Imperial Assault and bought the pretty painted X Wings. FFG proudly displays their painted models inside the blister packs but hides the unpainted ones for good reasons. So yeah, it kind needs to be explained sadly.

This thread has snow balled to a bad place, I'll agree on that.

14 hours ago, Basylle said:

The biggest thing I find both amusing and bothersome in this thread is the seeming lack of understanding that people may enjoy different aspects of the same game. Most of the posts that use wording similar to "the most important part" forget the important phrase "to me." Opinions are different from facts and are valid if different. Someone else's do not diminish the validity of your own.

NC2K, I quoted yours simply because yours was the most recent post. Not to call you out.

Yes this is a good point and one that I will try to remember before I argue more on this topic.