Reaver027

All the expansions (AT-ST and more)

5 minutes ago, zwara81 said:

at-st looks great.  but snowspeeder, is it just me or does it look too small?

I agree that it looks too small, especially when you put it side-by-side with the infantry that cockpit should be way bigger if to exact scale. FFG definitely scaled this down. BUT, this makes me think its WAY more likely that they'll do an AT-AT now. They've now shown that they don't care about staying to perfect scale for the vehicles in relation to the infantry, and this may  be a specific choice to make the snowspeeder be more correctly scaled to a future AT-AT. 

If the AT-ST is in its squat position that may help with models and WotC minis looking okay in upright position or as terrain

Edited by Nihm
Spelling error

11 minutes ago, Nihm said:

Again...just looking through pics...

Both Scout troopers look like "trooper" version and not commander guy looking backwards

Good spot. Interesting. 

Yay more legion news!

52 minutes ago, TylerTT said:

I’m very interested to see how well those vheicals compaire to the Bandai kits. My guess is they will be much tougher but also less detailed.

I know this is the expensive way, but scale is important to me, so I may put a Bandai scaled snow speeder on the ffg base, at least for casual games. I hope the ffg model will be close enough for scale. Super pumped either way!

19 minutes ago, JBar said:

I know this is the expensive way, but scale is important to me, so I may put a Bandai scaled snow speeder on the ffg base, at least for casual games. I hope the ffg model will be close enough for scale. Super pumped either way!

I'm sure it'll look awesome. 

Geez!  I just checked the forum this morning and come back at lunch time to find...  :)

I am a little disappointed they went for the same squatty pose for the AT-ST that they used in IA.  I guess the four troop packs are fine, I was hoping they might have some extra options though, otherwise it just makes more sense to buy a second core set...

2 minutes ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

Geez!  I just checked the forum this morning and come back at lunch time to find...  :)

I am a little disappointed they went for the same squatty pose for the AT-ST that they used in IA.  I guess the four troop packs are fine, I was hoping they might have some extra options though, otherwise it just makes more sense to buy a second core set...

The silver lining is that at least it won't topple over as easy I guess.

1 hour ago, zwara81 said:

at-st looks great.  but snowspeeder, is it just me or does it look too small?

I thought the same thing, but if you look at this shot:

swl09_diagram1.jpg

Similar sized bases, right?

Now check out this shot:

swl08_diagram1.jpg

You can probably fit 6-7 figures on the AT-St & T-47's base, vs 4-5 on the AT-RT's.

The air speeder IS a bit scaled down (and thin too) but it's not that egregious.

Here's a still from the set that shows the T-47s on the left:

Pics Photos - Star Wars Millenium Falcon Hoth Hangar X Wing 1925x995 Wallpaper ArtGeek Shout (@geek_hour) | Twitter