Marinealver

FAQ is missing some critical changes and it needs them NOW.

Okay so I am not a fan of the new NerF.A.Q. for so many reason I already stated before. But again with all the Dark Sithlord Nerfratas and now that the totally broke the integrity of a physical medium it had I have a few demands that should have been included.

• Major Rhymer squadron point cost reduced from 26 to 23 points. (seriously Tomax which is a higher pilot skill is 2 points less)
  • B-wing E2 is now a title upgrade card. (If upgrade slots are subject to change then why not the upgrade types also be subject to change)
  • TIE Punisher (one of two options)
    • All Pilots gain the reload action in their action bar (with that many missile pods and only 2 torps or 6 missiles?)
    • Redline and/or Deathrain gain an EPT slot in the upgrade bar.
  • Blaster Turret now reads, Attack [Focus]: Spend 1 focus to perform this attack against 1 ship (even a ship outside your firing arc). If inside your firing arc you may change all <focus> to <hit> results.

There are sure to be more but I'll keep my list short to be more reasonable than the latest NerF.A.Q. Make this happen (least I make a new thread for each one separate). Do you have any other demands, there are no rules to whatever errata you want to make as there is no conservative precedent.

Edited by Marinealver

9 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

All TIE Punisher Pilots gain the reload action in their action bar (with that many missile pods and only 2 torps or 6 missiles?)

Would people just stop suggesting this one already? It will not help the Punisher. Punishers are absolutely fantastic at putting out tons of damage. The problem is that they usually get nuked right off of the board before even firing two missiles - often before even firing one. They need to be made more survivable. Reload won’t help them at all because they’ll never get a chance to do it. 

1 minute ago, Marinealver said:

We will, once the errata has been put in the F.A.Q.;)

I’m glad to see I got you to read the entire first sentence of my post. It’s more than you usually do. 

One of these days, just ask one of your friends to let you proxy your Punishers as if they had reload. I think you’ll see what I’m talking about. Not to mention that when you’re reloading, you can’t drop action bombs or shoot,

Well, the TIE Punisher's action bar isn't full, so it can fit reload.

Personally though just reload isn't enough, they need action efficiency to actually utilize the action, and could use new top-tier pilots and some way to get EPTs, so that'd need an aces pack. 

TIE/IT. 

TIE Punisher only. Title.

Your action bar gains the [Reload] icon. When you perform a Reload action, you may perform a free Boost action.

If your Pilot Skill is 4 or higher, your upgrade bar gains the [EPT] icon.

-

Agree 100% on /E2

4 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

Would people just stop suggesting this one already? It will not help the Punisher. Punishers are absolutely fantastic at putting out tons of damage. The problem is that they usually get nuked right off of the board before even firing two missiles - often before even firing one. They need to be made more survivable. Reload won’t help them at all because they’ll never get a chance to do it. 

They are however.. not.

They lack the action economy or maneuvers to really get damage consistently off, or to modify them. Their primary is only 2, so chimps are bad, but even then, they require at least 2 other mods to work somewhat decently.

They are not amazing at dealing tons of damage. Sadly :(

6 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

Well, the TIE Punisher's action bar isn't full, so it can fit reload.

Personally though just reload isn't enough, they need action efficiency to actually utilize the action, and could use new top-tier pilots and some way to get EPTs, so that'd need an aces pack. 

TIE/IT. 

Your action bar gains the [Reload] icon. When you perform a Reload action, you may perform a free Boost action.

-

Agree 100% on /E2

Maybe, to help them use up some of their ordnance quicker before being destroyed...

Offensive Volley

(Missile slot)

TIE Punisher only.

The first time each turn you attack with a <torpedo> or <missile> secondary weapon, you may make an attack with a different <torpedo> or <missile> secondary weapon.

30 minutes ago, Punning Pundit said:

Given that you are making "demands", and that they must happen "now", I had been hoping this was a joke thread. Alas. 

Well if you can't beat them... join them. After the FAQ it is clear the the forums do dictate the nerfs, well at least all the Nerfherders have won, they got what they asked for right?

30 minutes ago, RufusDaMan said:

I'm fine with not getting a Reload on punishers. I want an EPT. At least. I am not opposed to more.

That will work too. I just find it absurd that smaller ships such as the gunboat and even the scyk potentially carry more torpedoes than that monster.

28 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

First of all these are errata for quality of life. (They are good.) FFG doesn't do quality of life errata. 

But they don't fit the definition of critical. Jump nerf is critical. 

Much as I'd like the Rhymer buff. 

I beg to differ, quality of life erratas are just as ever important (if not more so) than just your standard run of the mill balance nerfs. Sure the OP stuff needs to get stricken so the bully players don't abuse them as much but then again you need to promote variety in play and the best way is to bring some of the run down stuff back up to par. Right now if you have a customization game with too many point sinks it becomes way more noob unfriendly than say a game with an OP model. At least you could direct the newer players to the FOO strategy, but all these sinkholes and traps which discourage new players. They might look at something like Advance Proton Torpedoes, think oh wow this looks neat, then get slaughtered for taking it.

MY biggest criticism with all the recent errat heavy FAQ is the negativity they posses with all nerfs and no buffs. Yes nerfs is negative you reduce the power level to correct something. Sure it might be in favor of more positive meta balance but still the tone is set that the only correction is punishment. Quality of Life erratas are just as important to offset this tone and FFG has done it before with the heavy scyk title, I think they need to do it more often if not just as often as these meta corrections. It just might make for a better gameplay experience and a better community.

Edited by Marinealver

23 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

TIE/IT. 

-

Agree 100% on /E2

Boost on a Punisher is kind of wasted. Punishers want to hold range _open_ so they can get a 2nd defense die while still attacking with range 2-3 munitions.

1 hour ago, Punning Pundit said:

Boost on a Punisher is kind of wasted. Punishers want to hold range _open_ so they can get a 2nd defense die while still attacking with range 2-3 munitions.

Boost on the Punisher is fantastic and one of its few saving graces.  Allows for tons more bomb shenanigans and lets it be surprisingly fast.

TBH a title that gave it 2 agility for free (or very cheap) might be the way to go with it.  Gives it a unique niche within the heavy bomber world and an actual reason to exist over the TIE Bomber.  You trade numbers and EPT access for longevity.  AC/LWF Cutlasses also become great filler.

Edited by RampancyTW

Reload is a crappy action and wont do anything for the punisher.

Reload is highly inefficient action for so many reasons, and the reason punishers dont see play has nothing to do with them running out of ordnance. I have never seen anyone say "**** my punisher ran out of ordinance" i have herd them say "my punisher never even got to fire one of its missiles"

Reload is on the level of gonk, looks kind of good on paper until you realize how crazy inefficient of an action it is. 

2 hours ago, Marinealver said:

Okay so I am not a fan of the new NerF.A.Q. for so many reason I already stated before. But again with all the Dark Sithlord Nerfratas and now that the totally broke the integrity of a physical medium it had I have a few demands that should have been included.

• Major Rhymer squadron point cost reduced from 26 to 23 points. (seriously Tomax which is a higher pilot skill is 2 points less)
  • B-wing E2 is now a title upgrade card. (If upgrade slots are subject to change then why not the upgrade types also be subject to change)
  • TIE Punisher (one of two options)
    • All Pilots gain the reload action in their action bar (with that many missile pods and only 2 torps or 6 missiles?)
    • Redline and/or Deathrain gain an EPT slot in the upgrade bar.
  • Blaster Turret now reads, Attack [Focus]: Spend 1 focus to perform this attack against 1 ship (even a ship outside your firing arc). If inside your firing arc you may change all <focus> to <hit> results.

There are sure to be more but I'll keep my list short to be more reasonable than the latest NerF.A.Q. Make this happen (least I make a new thread for each one separate). Do you have any other demands, there are no rules to whatever errata you want to make as there is no conservative precedent.