Mischief1273

How Many Stress Tokens??

14 posts in this topic

The highest in a game I've played: 40 stress on the enemy Tycho (Rage and Push the Limit).  I watched another game where that opponent, if I recall correctly, broke 100.

Stoneface likes this

Whenever I fly Tycho, I take two 10-sided dice with me, one to track 1's and one to track 10's. I use one stress token and then set the dice to the appropriate number combination. :)  I think I got up to 26 stress tokens one game.

Juunon likes this

11 hours ago, Mischief1273 said:

How many stress tokens can 1 ship have?

Until spontaneous combustion occurs from all the cardboard rubbing together (or someone focusing a magnifying glass on it). :lol:

Funfact:  In a high-level tournament situation, your opponent may require you to use official stress tokens to mark your stress level, and if you run out, tough, you can't take another stress.  Dice are technically not valid stress counters.

It's a REALLY lame thing to do to an opponent, but it is within the rules.  I'd just clear your intentions with the judge beforehand... or come prepared with a small stockpile of stress tokens. ;)

48 minutes ago, emeraldbeacon said:

Funfact:  In a high-level tournament situation, your opponent may require you to use official stress tokens to mark your stress level, and if you run out, tough, you can't take another stress.  Dice are technically not valid stress counters.

I haven't played in any premium x-wing events, but the official tournament rules for X-Wing allow a player to use non-official indicators for non-essential tokens (anything but ship, obstacle, and bomb tokens).  The only rules regarding those indicators are that they "not obscure significant component information, are resistant to accidental modification, and their purpose of use is clear to both players".  I could see a TO not allowing dice for stress counters since they can be subject to accidental modification, but the tournament regulations do not require the use of official stress tokens.

On 10/26/2017 at 7:21 AM, Mischief1273 said:

How many stress tokens can 1 ship have?

There is no limit to the number of stress tokens you can accumulate on a ship. But all that stress does generally come at a cost, and that being you can't perform any actions while you have a stress token, and each time you perform a green maneuver, you will only remove one stress token - not multiple tokens.

Stoneface likes this

In a standard format game flying Tycho Celchu with Rage, PTL, A-Wing Test Pilot, Cruise Missiles, and Autothrusters our FLGS local record is 94 stress tokens.

kB7LfaG.jpg

Though arguably it could've been higher if EI was used, autothrusters while flying Tycho as a flanker made the difference between surviving the match and dying early. An additional help was my intentional choices to avoid green maneuvers whenever possible (while racking up 3 stress a turn and not giving a flying mynocks about debris fields).

ObiWonka likes this

On 10/25/2017 at 5:39 PM, theBitterFig said:

The highest in a game I've played: 40 stress on the enemy Tycho (Rage and Push the Limit).  I watched another game where that opponent, if I recall correctly, broke 100.

How is that even possible? He's only generating 3 stress per round on his own it would take 34 rounds to reach 100 all by himself. Your opponent wouldn't waste their time stressing Tycho and not shooting if say they had a mechanic to make it 4 per round so its 25 rounds, unless he were playing along with the lets get tycho to 100 gimmick in which case that's not an opponent anymore that's you and a friend fiddling with space ships and giggling while you pile triangles onto one of them for a laugh.

Rage/EI/PTL generates 4 per round at a minimum (noting that you don't have to do green moves), plus flying over debris can lead to 5 or 6 in a round, shooting Rebel Captive 6 or 7, etc.  If he picks up Loose Stabiliser you can get to 7 or 8.

A stack of 100 in a game without a time limit isn't that difficult.

4 minutes ago, Smitty said:

How is that even possible? He's only generating 3 stress per round on his own it would take 34 rounds to reach 100 all by himself. Your opponent wouldn't waste their time stressing Tycho and not shooting if say they had a mechanic to make it 4 per round so its 25 rounds, unless he were playing along with the lets get tycho to 100 gimmick in which case that's not an opponent anymore that's you and a friend fiddling with space ships and giggling while you pile triangles onto one of them for a laugh.

Don't even worry about it. ;)

We all know that was the game where the opponent just sacrificed MOV, killed every other ship and just let Tycho fly around getting super stressed out. (Tycho's A-Wing is just vibrating by the end of the game)

Wow. I'm in the presence of masters. The most I've ever been able to get with EI, PTL, Rage, debris (deliberately flying over them) was 49.