LHyoda

The FAQ is real!! All the nerfs

3 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

After you reveal and execute a maneuver, if you did not overlap a ship, you may discard 1 of your equipped [Bomb] Upgrade cards without the “Action:” header to drop the corresponding bomb token.

You discard a bomb upgrade WITHOUT the "ACTION" header. Bomblet Generator has the "ACTION" header.

Bomblet has not...

Just now, BlodVargarna said:

Fake News! Bomblet Generator is a reveal, not action header bomb. 

Yes, I know. That's what I said. I was refuting an earlier post where someone said the Genius nerf effects bomblets.

This is the greatest thing ever, and this is coming from a Rebels player. Finally the stupid toilet bowl ships that DOMINATED the meta for years are nerfed down to reasonable.

Genius has been nipped in the butt and that + Advanced slam has given hope back to aces again in a bomb world.

And as much as I liked flying Biggs with my Ghost, the Rebel Jank was too much and really spoiled the game so happy that is done too, and as others have said maybe we will get an X-wing title one day soon? The last remaining pack being a Rouge One Aces to make the lousy and lackluster U-wing and X-Wing not garbage 

3 minutes ago, PhantomFO said:

There were rumors that the Punishing One title would let you get some of those icons back.

Yeah.  This would be the first time that FFG has an expansion that the cards in the expansion does not work on anything in the box.

Just now, Slugrage said:

Same here. The joy of playing casual and not competitive.

As do I, but honestly an FAQ like this one and the past several take a lot of the fun away from a casual player like me.  It is too complex of a game and I have to look in multiple places, even multiple places in the FAQ, to see what what just one card does.

2 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

Yes, I know. That's what I said. I was refuting an earlier post where someone said the Genius nerf effects bomblets.

Genius nerf does nerf bomblets, though.  Genius specifically forces the discard of the bomb upgrade in question, and it's generally going to be a very bad idea to discard Bomblet Generator.

Just now, theBitterFig said:

Genius nerf does nerf bomblets, though.  Genius specifically forces the discard of the bomb upgrade in question, and it's generally going to be a very bad idea to discard Bomblet Generator.

Copy that. I see it now. I'm trying to participate in this thread and do my actual job that I am being paid to perform.

"If an attacking ship is equipped with both Gunner and IG-88D and there is a friendly IG-88B, and the attack misses, the attacking ship can then attack with a ⁍ secondary weapon using the effect of IG-88B and then attack with the primary weapon using the effect of Gunner."

Brobot back in the game ! :D

Just now, balindamood said:

JUDGE!

there's no judge needed

here's the cntrl C and cntrl V (god the FAQ formatting is weird)

“After you reveal and execute a maneuver, if you did not
overlap a ship, you may discard 1 of your equipped
Upgrade cards without the “
a
ction
:
” header to drop
the corresponding bomb token.”
Edited by ficklegreendice

Just now, theBitterFig said:

But it makes it a hard choice and maybe situationally it might make sense to get that bomb to hit, but it comes with a price. 

I like that it forces hard choices. And for 0 points, it is appropriate. 

8 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

You're happy because your faction apparently didn't get chopped off at the knees.

I am happy because this opens up the meta in really fun and exciting ways. 

Rebel Turrets now have to deal with being shot at and dont get 4+ extra rounds of health and protection. Weclome to the game that everyone else has been playing. 

Scum is still extremely good but will be less dependent on Jumpmasters.  

Chopped off at the knees....maybe....but I dont see this that way....guess we will see. 

I am not just happy about what this does for Imperials. 

I am just as happy about the design space this opens up for Rebels and the diversity it will encourage for Scum long term.

Maybe now we can finally see Rebel lists with individually strong ships that are not 1000% dependent on Biggs. That is going to be fun!

Edited by Boom Owl

Just now, Stay On The Leader said:

Dash/Miranda are the squad to beat.  Miranda can absorb this nerf.

I feel like the double SF+1 squad went from really strong to cream of the crop.  The strengths of the SF let it hang when a lot of Imperial ships couldn't, and now the top of the heap has been cut down.

49 minutes ago, Jo Jo said:

Here lies Biggs Darklighter

RIP

2013-2017

Wow, the nerf was brutal! I was expecting something like the HotAC version: "Once per round, a friendly ship at Range 1 cannot be targeted by an attack if the attacker could target you instead."

That was... overkill.

open-uri20150608-27674-1fh3cfp_44aa06e1.